We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Space Paste Thread Options

hummus
#41 Posted : 12/16/2013 8:31:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Again I'm one of those people who's tried nutmeg a few times when I was 16 ..
Recipes sound kinda nice but I think what gives people the majority of nausea with nutmeg is just the taste of it all ..
Two ways I found to take it, both using empty capsules you can buy big packs of on the internet, available in gelatine or vegetarian (hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose) ..
Take about 25 (by memory, judge your own dose) 00 size capsules full, takes a while to take down that many but by far better than eating it .. You still get a little bit of nausea but if you drink plenty of water it goes down ok.
Nutmeg essential oil:
In my experience has just the same psychoactive effects as the whole herb .. Almost all of the nausea is gone but you do get some bowel irritation just from ingesting a pure oil, I found that if you eat it with a small meal then it seems to be alright and probably just clears out the bacteria from your system!
Dose I usually had was about 2 00 capsules full, mace essential oil also seems to be pretty active too, a bit of a different buzz but mostly the same.

Either way .. be prepared to be nicely tripping in a 'zen' way with more dissociative effects at higher doses but very calming and relieving, and then 1-2 days more of just feeling really 'stoned', very red eyes etc..

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

PowerfulMedicine
#42 Posted : 2/19/2014 9:07:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hummus wrote:

Nutmeg essential oil:
In my experience has just the same psychoactive effects as the whole herb .. Almost all of the nausea is gone but you do get some bowel irritation just from ingesting a pure oil, I found that if you eat it with a small meal then it seems to be alright and probably just clears out the bacteria from your system!

I recall a study that found that pure myristicin alone produced psychedelic effects in one third of the people in the study. I guess you must be one of the lucky people who can get effects from myristicin alone.

I sure as hell can't get effects from nutmeg essential oil on its own. And I've definitely tried. I once drank 22mL of nutmeg oil to not effect. In hindsight, this oil might not have been very good quality. It had a sweet taste as opposed to the strong aromatic bite of oils that I've tried with confirmed allylbenzene content.
Maay-yo-naze!

oilman
#43 Posted : 2/21/2014 12:05:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This could be because it's so hard to get highly fatty substances to absorb sufficiently in the GI system. Perhaps making a suspension would work, like mixing with milk or eggs?

downwardsfromzero
#44 Posted : 1/15/2015 5:14:32 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Well, it's been quiet on the phenylpropenes front here for a time but I've maintained my interest - fortunately without succumbing to absinthe addiction (phew!) I decided it was time to test out mace in a space paste recipe - mace paste! As many of you will know, mace is the aril, or husk, of the nutmeg seed and should have many similar properties to nutmeg itself. I substituted a couple of other things as well because I couldn't be bothered to go shopping but the ersatz ingredients are meaningful equivalents which should have broadly the same role as the originals. So without further ado, here is my recipe:

40g Mace blades
67g Soaked bitter apricot kernels (in lieu of almonds)
50g Raw pistachios
20g Cinnamon bark (4g zeylanicum and 16g cassia)
10g Cumin seed
3g Dried tarragon
2g Dried marjoram (in lieu of oregano)
12g Anise seed (in lieu of basil)
15g Fresh turmeric root
5g Powdered cayenne pepper
3g Ground black pepper
6g Sweet basil (tukmaria) seed, soaked in 30mL water

Everything that wasn't already powdered was finely ground, separately, in a coffee grinder, except for the apricot kernels, turmeric and tukmaria which were blitzed in a food processor, the turmeric after first being finely sliced.

The ingredients were then combined in a mixing bowl and mixed together thoroughly using a knife and a spoon. The resulting crumbly, lumpy mixture was then put through a hand-cranked mincer three times, producing a somewhat gritty, highly aromatic paste of total weight 263g. The paste was then put into a couple of small jars along with about 10mL 95% ethanol in each jar as a preservative.

1½ teaspoons of paste seems to produce mild stimulation and mood elevation. A further 1½teaspoons one hour later fairly rapidly elicits a slightly 'trippier' feeling along with mental incoordination, making it hard to type accurately. This persists for at least 6 hours (and counting). Some feelings of tightness in the chest but that could be a result of my typing position.

Conclusion: although my recipe has several changed variables from the original, mace seems to work a bit; I've tried nutmeg tincture which also works in its own way. Mace space paste is qualitatively similar and different. The two combined could well be hilarious Surprised . But that's for another day. Photos eventually, if you're all good little kittens.

File under: #wellitdoesntdonothingexactlyConfused

And then there's CHOCOLATE!

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

downwardsfromzero
#45 Posted : 1/22/2015 12:09:37 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

UPDATE: Well, the mace formula definitely works, even at one teaspoon doses. It blends well with a number of things. A 1:2 blend of paste to full fat cream cheese works well on toast and I feel the cream cheese aids absorption.

A number of things seem to enhance the effect, besides (and in addition to Pleased ) the usual caffeine, theobromine, licorice.

Live miso appears to contribute something; pomegranate - juice or (preferably) fresh - is felt quite noticeably; and lemon curd appears to add to the overall activation - probably from its flavonoid content but it also contains egg which will aid absorption. I'm thinking a combination of all these things (cream cheese, not miso, of course!) whipped up with a dash of amaretto liqueur and a bit of cacao on top, for the gourmet mace space spiced lemon syllabub! Drool

I really am decidedly impressed with the action of this mace space paste - it provides a confidence-boosting mood lift with facilitated verbal expression (good for rapping and rhyming), mild visual sparkliness and empathogenic effects. Also, introspection on a 'personal development' level has been facilitated with being able to face up to a number of issues of self in a positive mindset in a way that feels like a genuine move forward.

Another bonus is the colorful hypnogogic visions as I drift off to sleep. Sometimes these have snapped into photorealistic memory-dream-visions when in a suitably meditative frame of mind.

Keeping the dose low seems to prevent much in the way of the incoordination mentioned in my last post. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it. I'm keeping an eye on the chest tightness and that too seems to have fully abated at this - frankly surprisingly - low dose. It could be that I'm experiencing cumulative effects as I had maybe 2 tsp yesterday as well. But, still - go easy on this folks!

EDIT: looking back on oilman's early experiments at the start of this thread, I agree; I'm thinking "how the DICKENS do I get so much activity from just 1 teaspoonful of spiced nuts, let alone considering how that's only a gram of mace at the very most!!

It really is, ahem, nuts!

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

downwardsfromzero
#46 Posted : 1/22/2015 2:28:54 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Cognitive Heart wrote:
Interesting info via cannabis combination:

Quote:
Deliriants work via their antagonistic action on acetylcholine receptors. Inhibition of acetylcholine leads to decreased levels of acetylcholine, causing delirium, sedation and intensely realistic hallucinations. In contrast, cannabis and caffeine have a reverse effect by inhibiting acetylcholine esterate, which breaks down acetylcholine. This leads to increased levels of acetylcholine and improved cognition and stimulation; thus cannabis has an inhibitory effect on deliriants.

http://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Deliriants

Nigella sativa also has similar properties via inhibiting/improving acetylcholine levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24584756

--

Thumbs up
(this thread)
I'm now wondering how Nigella might come to play in the Spi/ace paste game.

oilman
#47 Posted : 3/25/2015 2:19:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero: good to see you're still at it, as well as the rest of us! the most important thing to me is just telling everyone that this works, and that it's legal, and it's interesting to say the least! many people see inaccurate info on nutmeg and other spices and say it's a joke. let's keep up the good work!

BundleflowerPower
#48 Posted : 4/16/2015 7:43:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great thread, you've got me interested now. I've read about it for years but never tried it, mainly due to the negative reports online. On a trip to the local herb shop, I noticed they have whole nutmegs as well as mace. This place's herbs are the freshest I've ever seen in a shop, I'll be picking some up soon enough.

downwardsfromzero
#49 Posted : 4/22/2015 12:31:02 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Good to see you here after all this time, oilman!

Yes I'm still a tit. Big grin

You may have seen I've posted in the Space Booze thread too. In terms of personal utility I'm finding plain old nutmeg tincture to be the most intriguing, and it's by far the easiest to prepare if you have access to high proof alcohol.

I'm glad I've been exploring this: I notice genuine progress in my personal and spiritual development. Also it has really fired my interest in enzymology Smile

Lysurgeon has given positive feedback concerning dill seed tincture; now I'm wondering about a space paste analogue where the nutmeg is replaced by dill seed. This would make it more sustainable and bioregional for me...

BundleflowerPower: It. Really. Works.

If you can get strong alcohol, perhaps try making a mace tincture.

If using nutmegs, break them in half first and make sure at least half of the ones you use have a reddish tinge to their insides.

Happy spicing!

downwardsfromzero
#50 Posted : 6/22/2015 10:55:54 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Found my old jar of mace space paste the other day. Tried it on toast with cream cheese and butter. 2 teaspoons of the paste. I still cannot believe how effective this stuff is. And how long lasting. Lying down in a dark room was pretty interesting; effects finally tailed off after 3 days, but were never overwhelming.

coAsTal
#51 Posted : 3/28/2016 5:15:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bump!

Have any of you considered adding this concoction (in a smaller dose) to a cactus tea, being as nutmeg and mescalin seem related?

downwardsfromzero
#52 Posted : 4/7/2016 10:33:29 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

coAsTal wrote:
Bump!

Have any of you considered adding this concoction (in a smaller dose) to a cactus tea, being as nutmeg and mescalin seem related?

I've added nutmeg tincture (and some other things according to the outline enzymological/organoleptic principles) to a cactus tea and it made for a nice time. Tincture of space paste seems to help mushrooms being colourful, positive and euphoric although set and setting was good anyhow so who knows =D

Also I've been collecting experiential data points for nutmeg tincture by taking it seven days straight (don't do this anyone, I'm just terminally stupid), although that technically belongs in the nutmeg thread. Nonetheless I'll confirm that nutmeg works and can be fun but is by no means guaranteed to be so. Proceed with caution.

Lemon Flip
#53 Posted : 1/5/2021 12:02:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am actually nearly drunk right now, so my judgement is off. Granted this thread is years old. However.. I decided (rather I didn't decide, I just did) consume approx. 1-1/2 TBSP of oregano, terragon, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg. Will report how I feel in a bit once this alcohol gives way to hopefully a refined nutmeg intoxication. I WAS going to consume ~15g of nutmeg extracted into olive oil. We'll see.

I should've put more thought into this. At least my homebrew didn't make anything taste too bad and I was able to consume it all suspended in ~200ml of water, nice.

Lemon Flip
#54 Posted : 1/5/2021 12:06:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh I forgot to mention the powdered clove, whoops.

downwardsfromzero
#55 Posted : 1/5/2021 1:48:22 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Lemon Flip wrote:
I am actually nearly drunk right now, so my judgement is off. Granted this thread is years old. However.. I decided (rather I didn't decide, I just did) consume approx. 1-1/2 TBSP of oregano, terragon, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg. Will report how I feel in a bit once this alcohol gives way to hopefully a refined nutmeg intoxication. I WAS going to consume ~15g of nutmeg extracted into olive oil. We'll see.

I should've put more thought into this. At least my homebrew didn't make anything taste too bad and I was able to consume it all suspended in ~200ml of water, nice.

Follow the recipe - all of the ingredients are there for a reason.

Lemon Flip
#56 Posted : 1/5/2021 5:31:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I cannot add almonds nor pistachios. I am highly allergic to both. :\

However, it DID work, however it gave me a stomach ache--which was probably a result of both my homebrew and the half-assed space paste.

I am feeling it now, and it is of unique character. I should note that my enzyme proportions seem to be very different than people my age, sex, bodyweight. Through my many experiments (other than space paste) I have I respond very pleasantly to nutmeg, without additives. Never have I felt any sickness, pain, or anything other than a dry mouth. However I once took a few grams of nutmeg extracted into warm water over many hours with Peganum harmala which resulted in a headache. It was a small amount -less than a gram-. When I take cinnamon oil, german chamomile, and black pepper (water extract) I notice, as I should, a sharp increase in intensity and stimulation.

downwardsfromzero
#57 Posted : 1/5/2021 2:50:22 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Lemon Flip wrote:
I cannot add almonds nor pistachios. I am highly allergic to both. :\

Sad sorry to hear that. but it's good to know that it works for you without them:
Quote:
However, it DID work, however it gave me a stomach ache--which was probably a result of both my homebrew and the half-assed space paste.

I am feeling it now, and it is of unique character. I should note that my enzyme proportions seem to be very different than people my age, sex, bodyweight.
I think this applies to me also (nuts of all kinds are no problem for me, btw). Some people seem to metabolize nutmeg (elemicin/myristicin?) rapidly to an inactive substance.
Quote:
Through my many experiments (other than space paste) I have I respond very pleasantly to nutmeg, without additives. Never have I felt any sickness, pain, or anything other than a dry mouth.
My experiments with simple, plain tincture of nutmeg show this largely to be the case too. Key to avoiding unpleasant effects from nutmeg, besides avoiding excessive doses, is maintaining sufficient water intake.
Quote:
However I once took a few grams of nutmeg extracted into warm water over many hours with Peganum harmala which resulted in a headache. It was a small amount -less than a gram-.
I'd agree that Peganum harmala plus nutmeg seems to be a combination to be wary of. I've also posted about a severer headache that seemed to be connected to eating pickled herrings while under the influence of a moderate dose of nutmeg.
Quote:
When I take cinnamon oil, german chamomile, and black pepper (water extract) I notice, as I should, a sharp increase in intensity and stimulation.

Yes, whoever worked this stuff out was pretty smart!

Quick question: do you notice any after-effects from nutmeg?

Lemon Flip
#58 Posted : 1/7/2021 5:39:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes! I realize the anti-cholinergic effects (added to the more enjoyable ones) absolutely decimate my critical thinking skills. I thought it would be a good idea to see the MAOI effects of nutmeg so I took 3gs Psilocybe cubensis (soaked in pH 4 citric acid solution for 25minutes) with 3.5 tabs of decent (approx 90-100ug) LSD.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Damn that was rather strong. It certainly had a negative impact on my trip, was the hardest reality check I've had in a LOONG time. The mushrooms lasted as long as the LSD did, also I noticed some dysphoria, intense sedations, memory lapses, dry mouth, nose, sinus, throat, and rectum; also I was constipated the whole day. I get minor constipation from mushrooms alone, but there wasn't much of an afterglow- more of a hangover. I spent the day integrating the intensity and pure raw power of psilocybin. Stop Really did a number on my energy that day. Whew!

PREV123