We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT
Direct e-mesh method howto step by step with images and video Options

Loveall
#61 Posted : 12/11/2020 9:21:10 AM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Agreed. As you probably know, an evap test will check if acetone evaporates cleanly. If it passes this test (and potential plastic interaction is managed), I would presonaly be comfortable to use it as a carrier for direct e-mesh. Each free adult can make their own personal informed decision.

Regarding the plastic concern, I just found out that droppers are usually made with polypropylene or polyethylene, wich should be ok with acetone. Chances are dropper is OK (I would test it). O-rings are more of a concern, but one drop at a time quickly evaporated should be manageable I think.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

some one
#62 Posted : 12/11/2020 10:45:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Indeed. Always do an evap test, that's how I noticed how impure some acetone products are at hardware stores. Just wanted to state this as a general warning to the public, but if your happy with the evap test and feel good to use the acetone, should be fine.

Thumbs up
some = one | here = some | there = one

skoobysnax
#63 Posted : 12/12/2020 2:39:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Love how the e-mesh vaporizes, but I'm bad at loading it, with DMT crums always ending up all over the place 😭. Liquid drops go on so well on the mesh, I want to try drops again with something else since everclear did not work.

In Q21Q21's tek, DMT acetate is prepared as a stable solution. With heat, it is claimed to be vaporizable.

Would this be a way to use e-mesh with drops?

Specifically, vinegar would be neutralized with DMT FB and the solution reduced to a ~ 50% DMT acetate solution (assuming it doesn't become saturated). Two 20mg drops (from a typical small dropper) would have ~20mg of the salt (which is roughly ~3 parts (~15 mg) DMT and ~1 part (~5mg) acetic acid. Then, evaporate the water and ramp up the temp to vaporize.

Any thoughts on this? Reasons it wouldn't work? The tek mentioned that the acetate salt is vaporizable (unlike more stable salts), but perhaps the temp needed is too high without a flame? Any concerns with the stainless steel reacting (I don't see a clear reason to worry)? Mindlusion has mentioned the acetate would break down into unwanted stuff, but it is a small amount (5mg).

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on this before I jump into trying it out.

I can't speak to this BUT i have had good luck loading from a gel cap. I premeasure several 25-20mg doses so they are ready to go. A few crumbs fall on the RDA but are easy to reclaim later. The mesh sheet is more rigid and not as springy so consider this when choosing which mesh.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

der-seemann
#64 Posted : 12/12/2020 6:40:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:

I tried this and it doesn't work: overtime DMT separated from 75% ethanol (everclear) and formed a separate oily layer. I think this is because of polymerization in the concentrated liquid.

It's too bad, right after mixing the everclear and DMT it seemed to work and the drops were super easy to load and would stick to the mesh.

Oh well...

Did you try to vape this separated oily DMT layer? Maybe that's exactly what we want!
Crystals look nice, but here a goo might be preferable?

some one
#65 Posted : 1/4/2021 10:12:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I performed my fist drop test with 12 mg spice:

For testing purposes I started with 4 mg.drop. I loaded 3 drops (12mg). Used a 50 mm long 13 mm wide 100 mesh. I decided to lower the temp as the spice will be spread out on the mesh and vape faster. After loading each drop i evapped the ethanol by pulsing at 100 C. Used @ 180 C 60 W to vape. I got all in one hit and was a decent experience for 12 mg.

So it works!

Tried again by lowering the temp to 150 C and 160 C, but these are too low to vape all in one hit. 180 does the trick. Note that the spice was yellow crystally, not fluffy white, meaning plant oil might prevent vaping at lower temps.

Loveall
#66 Posted : 1/4/2021 10:35:04 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

some one, is this for 96% ethanol? Thanks for testing!

some one
#67 Posted : 1/5/2021 8:43:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes 96%

Loveall
#68 Posted : 2/1/2021 10:25:42 PM

โค๏ธโ€🔥

I dissolved some menthol xtals in acetone (only ~10mg in 2ml, a little goes a long way). Once drop (~18mg) on the emesh was pulsed evaporated to remove the acetone. At 100C setting (lowest possible) it produces a puff of smoke. The flavor is amazing Smile

No effects of course, but I think it can improve flavor and decrease the cough reflex for anyone that has an issue with that.

Cheers.

Olomana
#69 Posted : 4/15/2021 2:13:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Another RDA to consider: A redditor pointed me towards the Cthulhu Ceto RDA, and out of curiosity I thought I'd check it out. It allows for a significantly larger loading area than a mesh roll setup, and seems to heat up more evenly than a fitted mesh setup. Using a piece of 150 mesh cut to 32mm x 15mm, the loading area for the spice was around 18mm x 15mm, which is almost twice as much room as the standard vandy vape setup offers. You need to load and toke while the mod is on its side. My mod is actually more stable on its side, and I don't think this is a problem, but some people might not like this. I needed to adjust the TCR to get good readings with the temp gun. It heated very fast, and seemed to heat evenly. I haven't actually vaped off it yet, and it will probably be a while before I experiment with it much more. I just wanted to share this in case other people wanted to experiment with this RDA. I think the only real downside is the need to source a ss316 150 mesh sheet, which I didn't have too much trouble with.
Olomana attached the following image(s):
Photo_2021-04-08_05-22-05_PM.png (3,507kb) downloaded 674 time(s).
โœŒ๏ธ, 🤟, & 🤙

RowRowRowYourBoat
#70 Posted : 4/18/2021 1:44:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Olomana,
Thank you very much for sharing about that RDA, I had not heard about that one previously and it looks very promising. The difficulty of loading on small pieces of mesh definitely seems to be the one downside of this method for me and so I think anything with a larger area could be a big improvement.
Things have turned a deeper shade of blue

Why you should NOT take DMT

some one
#71 Posted : 2/10/2022 2:29:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That Cthulhu Ceto RDA looks great!

Update on the DMT dissolved in ethanol drops. I noticed a big disadvantage. The ethanol seems to gradually evaporate my 10ml pipette bottle. This changes the potency without you knowing. I have given up on the drops and am back to powder.

fink
#72 Posted : 4/13/2022 1:30:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone still know what names to search or to order for the classic style RDA with the two mesh slots? All I can seem to find are coil style ones. The Cthulhu one looks interesting but was still kind of looking for an upright style.
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

some one
#73 Posted : 4/25/2022 2:04:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

China has plenty, search for 'mesh rda' on Aliexpress.
'Vmiss Mesh RDA' looks like a vandyvape knock-off.

fink
#74 Posted : 4/27/2022 10:59:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cheers some one

A lot of sold outs and currently not in stocks. It's like this method might have a life expectancy, get all the kit you need while you can
I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

some one
#75 Posted : 5/10/2022 12:03:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes you could be right. Mesh vaping was a hype, then ran out of steam (phun intended). China still has them and some companies are building new versions, but no grantees that they stay on the market indefinitely. Same could be said for the GVG however?

ZiPhi
#76 Posted : 12/31/2022 1:29:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread is beyond amazing. So many helpful posts and follow-ups to the outstanding OP.

Being that it has been a while since the OP and me being a vapen00b, would someone be able to chime in on what a good mod would be to get now? Is the Geekvape Aegis solo mod still a viable option or is has it been superseded by something that will accomplish the same end goal here?

As far as the RDA, I really like the layout of the Cthulhu Ceto that Olomana suggested so I will likely go that route if i can find one.

artificer
#77 Posted : 12/31/2022 2:15:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There might be something better for the money now but Geekvape Aegis has great temperature control for this purpose IME so I don't consider it outdated.

That Ctuhulhu Ceto looks like it'll work great out of the box, but haven't found one in stores around me. I just picked up a "Wotofo Profile P.S." RDA and am excited to try it out - I've successfully been using the original Profile but it's relatively small and thus more difficult to work with. The new P.S. is sold as a dual-mesh RDA, but the box includes parts to make it a large single mesh.

I threw in some course screen in it to give you a visual (I cannot find my 200 mesh screen), I think it'll work great once I spend more time getting right screen shaped the way I want it, I'm thinking it will be much easier to load. The screen on my old Profile has 25mg spice melted on it, you can barely see it.
artificer attached the following image(s):
DSCF2058.JPG (211kb) downloaded 284 time(s).
DSCF2059.JPG (213kb) downloaded 285 time(s).
DSCF2060.JPG (326kb) downloaded 284 time(s).
DSCF2061.JPG (429kb) downloaded 282 time(s).
DSCF2062.JPG (229kb) downloaded 282 time(s).
An affinity to entheogens that bring me to full submission,
A thriving esoteric greenhouse, I do envision

ZiPhi
#78 Posted : 12/31/2022 11:26:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks so much Artificer for the pics and info. I did find a Cthulhu Iris Mesh BF RDA Atomizer for a good price but it was an overseas thing that was about a three week deliver and a really shady web front end. That Profile PS looks amazing. Idk how I managed to completely overlook the feature where it could be used as a single mesh when I first saw it so Thanks very much for the response. I'll be ordering one shortly. Did you get your mesh direct from wotofo or is there a better source. Seems like everything is coil based and finding mesh rolls and sheets isn't cut and dry.

Thanks also on the Aegis tip. I've been torn between that and a couple different Voopoo models. I'll probably go out and try to source that one local somewhere to support the local brick and mortars.

Thanks again!

artificer
#79 Posted : 12/31/2022 11:55:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not sure where you live, but online I found 12"x40" 200 mesh woven 304SS for $13 shipped. I think that's what I used for the little Profile last year (and worked well) but I cannot find record of it... I just bought another piece, should be here in a few days, I'll confirm if it's the right stuff when I get it. Small sheet metal sheers are best to cut it but it's so thin that scissors will probably get the job done, although the stainless is going to tear 'em up.
An affinity to entheogens that bring me to full submission,
A thriving esoteric greenhouse, I do envision

ZiPhi
#80 Posted : 1/1/2023 4:48:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok good stuff, thanks! I just went and scooped a GV m100 locally (support those brick and mortars! Very happy ), popped my Yocan Orbit tank on it and played around w the settings until I got it all understood. Took a little homework to get up to speed on all the TC and VPC settings but I've got a config set up and ready to go. Will report back in the Orbit thread w that as not to get too far off topic here.

Looking forward to playing w the Profile PS on this mod. The m100 is a great little 100w unit with way more control than I was expecting.

«PREV23456NEXT