We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Macrogonus & Bridgesii Trip Options

Grey Fox
#1 Posted : 1/2/2021 6:05:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Drank tea made from 6 inches of Macrogonus and 5 inches of Bridgesii. The Macrogonus was pretty thick but the Bridgesii was on the thinner side. The tea brewed for 16 hours over a medium simmer and reduced to 8 ounces.  Started drinking the tea at 12:15pm (noon time) and finished it at 12:35pm.

This was a gentle but lovely trip. It was mostly characterized by a strong heart opening and intensification of all emotions. Felt very clear and open and true. Felt strongly connected and drawn to my closest loved ones. There were no visuals.

Felt cold and tired soon after drinking the tea. But the change in headspace and sense that "I'm starting to trip now" didnt begin until about 90 minutes after finishing the tea. Was still tripping when I went to sleep at 11:00pm. Woke up the next morning feeling completely sober.

Spent most of the trip hanging out with family members. Only one of them knew that I was tripping. The two of us had a couple of hours of wonderful conversation, which mostly consisted of reflecting back on our lives and evaluating where we are in our lives right now. I got pretty emotional at points during the conversation. Thinking back on loved ones who have passed always does that to me, but it felt much more intense under the influence of the cactus. Felt like I poured my heart out and was heard and affirmed and loved. It was wondeful. And that happened at what felt like the peak of the trip.

Spent most of the rest of the time hanging out with other family members. At times I was actively engaging in conversation. At other times I didnt say much. But just being with them and having that time to bond made it a beautiful day. I know I'll look back on that day with many fond memories. Honestly, it was just what I needed.

This dose range felt very therapeutic. I didnt have visuals. I didnt have nausea. My mind felt very clear. My heart was very open. I felt so connected to my true inner self. All the defenses were down.

I can see that many people would find an experience like this to be healing and beneficial. Hopefully one day experiences like this will be legal and available to all who seek them.

P.S.
Lesson learned: Dont try to blow up balloons while tripping. It was harder than usual to blow up the balloon. And it felt like my head was expanding as much as the balloon was!
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ijahdan
#2 Posted : 1/2/2021 10:42:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice experience report. I have some seedlings said to be a hybrid of macrogonus and 'Big Bertha', which I believe is a Bridgesii (?). Still a few years off from tea making size, but Im looking forward to that time even more since reading your post.

Ive had similar experiences to yours, tripping on cacti around family members. Just really appreciating them deeply, talking very honestly from the heart, without slipping into the usual everyday banter. Like yourself, Ive often been overwhelmed by emotions to the point of tears on such occasions.

Definitely the most 'family friendly' of all the psychedelics.

Grey Fox
#3 Posted : 1/3/2021 4:41:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks ijahdan! I wish you all the best with those Macrogonus and Big Bertha hybrids. I hope they turn out to be real nice ones.

Yeah, these cacti are pretty great. The openness and clarity and connection that they give, its like nothing else. I really want to bring more of that into my ordinary reality. Its not always easy to do though. But I'm hoping as time passes and I have more experiences with the cactus, that more of that non-ordinary cactus magic will transfer over into my ordinary life. I think that with a lot of love and respect for the cactus it could happen.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM