We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Grain Alcohol Gunk Processing to XTals Options

Scylla
#1 Posted : 12/29/2020 10:35:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just wondering if anybody has given a go at extracting cactus alkaloids like this.

Use grain alcohol or acetone to soak powder; filter; evap into gunk. Dissolve in hot or boiling water with a stir bar and add acid. Back extract oils/ fats with a small amount of xylene or something. Or simply evaporate and wash with acetone?

But I would assume if this worked as well as as an A/B people would already be doing this instead?

Seems like this skips A/B fumbling and bumbling? Does this sound better than doing the A/B xylene gassing method?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 12/30/2020 3:15:09 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Yes, there are a bunch of fun tests going on in this corner of the nexus 🙂. We have not achieved a practical path to xtals using solvent extraction and clean up, and A/B remains the golden standard in practice. However, some nice concentrated resins can be made with little effort.

There are ideas in the threads to ponder and maybe even to try for fun. It will not be trivial to find something new since we have shaken the tree many times already, but we never know until we try.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Scylla
#3 Posted : 1/1/2021 12:13:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Loveall,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have comments on xylene brands? Does sunnyside vs klean strip xylene have a difference chemical composition the same way the naptha of those two brands does? Does one work better/ have more emulsion issues, etc.

Loveall
#4 Posted : 1/1/2021 5:23:59 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

I've only used Klean Strip Xylene and had no issues. Passed the clean evap test and worked as expected.

Now a days I personally prefer Limonene because of the smell.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Scylla
#5 Posted : 1/1/2021 5:34:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yah I was hooked on the limonene tek using citric acid for a while; but it was extremely time consuming. Limonene just doesn't salt as fast.

I'm planning on gassing the xylene and recycling the solvent through distilling so I don't have to to dump it.

Limonene is superior for the smell and environmental aspect; but I want to give a go at the gassing just to see how time efficiently I can produce a clean result.