We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
MAOI's: Many variations on a theme???!!!!! Options

barkbee
#1 Posted : 12/30/2020 6:56:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have scoured Pubmed and UTSE but I have not found any anecdotal nor per reviewed analysis on how the different subtypes of MAOIs (RIMA's for example)interact with DMT or is there simply not a big enough difference to worry about?

Would Selegine, a selective inhibitor of MAO-B interact differently than the older irreversible and non-selective monoamine oxidase inhibitors?

Would Moclebimide as a RIMA interact differently?

I have no idea or experience to share but it got me thinking that perhaps this should be explored as a harm reduction point of potential interest.

Are we being too general in our categorization when discussing interactions with MAOI'S?

I will continue to explore this but if anyone with a better understanding of the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic variations within different subgroups of MAOI's can point me to the motherlode I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for reading
cheers

β€œPeople know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.” Michel Foucault, Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.