We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How long to integrate? Options

Teamleary
#1 Posted : 8/8/2020 3:10:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everybody,

A question came up in my mind and I thought it would be an interesting topic... I didn't find it on the nexus but I hope it's not redundant...

So basically, the question is in the title: how long would you say it takes you to integrate the most significant trips (first BT or major ones for the more experienced users)? Days, weeks, months, a year maybe, for some?

Not trying to know for myself: I'm happy to let time go by and tell me. Just to know how it goes for you : )

peace!
"How Small A Thought It Takes To Fill A Whole Life"
Wittgenstein

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 8/8/2020 4:17:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think there's a universal standard for it.

With some psychedelics (LSD, mescaline) there is a strong tolerance build-up, and i would say that with those psychedelics, integration would take at least the amount of time your brain needs to get fully back to normal, and to be able to feel the full effects again.

But psychologically, i think reality needs to feel somewhat "normal" again. You need time to realy do something with the things you've learned. By the time things you've learned like being nicer to your cat, or being more gratefull for things in general, have become a habit, you are ready for the next lesson.

potnoble
#3 Posted : 8/8/2020 4:20:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Teamleary

Usually it doesn´t take too long for me. Around a week or two.
But i recently had a very strange experience with some old friends that totally put me
off track. This has been 4 weeks ago and i am still recovering mentally.
It wasn´t even the strongest trip or anything totally crazy.
Just 300 microgramms LSD in a weird setting.
I showed signs of depression for a few days and i am still trying to follow the
things i have learned in real life.

Some of my strongest trips have been pretty easy to integrate and the process was alot of fun.
This time is different. Don´t know why.
For me the significant trips usually leave me with a clear direction.
So the process is much easier and alot qicker. I usually start to do what was learned from the
trip on the very next day which helps alot.
Up to this point i can say for myself: The stronger the trip the faster the integration.

Have a gud one dyoode
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

Teamleary
#4 Posted : 8/8/2020 4:21:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
I don't think there's a universal standard for it.

With some psychedelics (LSD, mescaline) there is a strong tolerance build-up, and i would say that with those psychedelics, integration would take at least the amount of time your brain needs to get fully back to normal, and to be able to feel the full effects again.

But psychologically, i think reality needs to feel somewhat "normal" again. You need time to realy do something with the things you've learned. By the time things you've learned like being nicer to your cat, or being more gratefull for things in general, have become a habit, you are ready for the next lesson.

Hey, thanks!

Yeah, I do not think there's a universal standard either, that's why I ask: in order to see a broad field of answers.

and maybe I wasn't very clear, but I really was talking about what you mention in your second paragraph!
Wittgenstein

Teamleary
#5 Posted : 8/8/2020 4:27:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

potnoble wrote:
Hi Teamleary

Usually it doesn´t take too long for me. Around a week or two.
But i recently had a very strange experience with some old friends that totally put me
off track. This has been 4 weeks ago and i am still recovering mentally.
It wasn´t even the strongest trip or anything totally crazy.
Just 300 microgramms LSD in a weird setting.
I showed signs of depression for a few days and i am still trying to follow the
things i have learned in real life.

Some of my strongest trips have been pretty easy to integrate and the process was alot of fun.
This time is different. Don´t know why.
For me the significant trips usually leave me with a clear direction.
So the process is much easier and alot qicker. I usually start to do what was learned from the
trip on the very next day which helps alot.
Up to this point i can say for myself: The stronger the trip the faster the integration.

Have a gud one dyoode

hey, thank you potnoble!

interesting! the setting my play a bigger part than the dosage... I'm sorry you're still going through that.

I get the "the more signifiant the trip, the clearer the direction". Also, I don't know about you, but I tend to feel that the "message" comes after the peak, when I'm coming back down
Wittgenstein

PedroSanchez
#6 Posted : 8/8/2020 8:25:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

for me it depends how complex the lessons are and if i have been looking for those answers or i just stumbled across them.

the more complex the longer it takes to integrate, naturally. rarely years though, i think maybe 6 months at most for me, usually maybe around a month for something complex, but as little as an hour for trivial things.

if i am looking for something in particular when i go, and i get what i went for it is usually pretty fast to integrate because i have already been building up to it, but if it gets me off guard it will take much longer.

i do imagine that one day i will experience something that i can never integrate. but maybe that will be the lesson itself, one i have to live with until i die Laughing

Teamleary
#7 Posted : 8/8/2020 10:23:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PedroSanchez wrote:
for me it depends how complex the lessons are and if i have been looking for those answers or i just stumbled across them.

the more complex the longer it takes to integrate, naturally. rarely years though, i think maybe 6 months at most for me, usually maybe around a month for something complex, but as little as an hour for trivial things.

if i am looking for something in particular when i go, and i get what i went for it is usually pretty fast to integrate because i have already been building up to it, but if it gets me off guard it will take much longer.

i do imagine that one day i will experience something that i can never integrate. but maybe that will be the lesson itself, one i have to live with until i die Laughing

so interesting. Of course, the lesson you're not expecting is harder to integrate and yet, it might very well be the more important one...
Wittgenstein

rOm
#8 Posted : 8/9/2020 8:44:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Integration is still going on all your life for strong experience. Cause its also quite interpretative andmaybe later, years later, you'll see or hear or read something about some symbols you met during your hyperspace encounters andwill think about it. Or like about Entities being multi dimensionnal entities and not other planets alien but extra terrestrial int he sense of being in others densities as we are in our casual reality,but we can access through those various meditative processes.
Still weirdly enough I felt like travelling in outer space, really like in betwween stars or planets, either in spaceships,or completely free fo any vehicule with like body disingrating ... Prolly how we travel through wormholes in space. Then you fall back together. Its the cosmic rebirth, which canbe orgasmic on 5 MeO DMT .
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

PedroSanchez
#9 Posted : 8/9/2020 10:58:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Teamleary wrote:

so interesting. Of course, the lesson you're not expecting is harder to integrate and yet, it might very well be the more important one...

absolutely! answering questions you didnt know you had is life changing, it is the ultimate step forward, like taking our first breath when we are born, we had no idea how important that oxygen was going to be until we took our first breath of it.

potnoble
#10 Posted : 8/9/2020 11:01:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes i also get the message usually after the peak when things start to fall into place.
And as much as i like to trip with friends, i usually have the most meaningful
experiences when i´m alone.

Have a gud one everybody
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

rOm
#11 Posted : 8/10/2020 8:08:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sometimes there is not much to integrate and sometimes, it is a life lesson you'll never forget. SO it isn'tlike " integrate for two weeks " and then move on. also sometimes you go for a marathon like say you do a special training with group, like kambo everyday for three days so you do'nt have the time to integrate fully before doing another shot, but this is like one experience splitted in three session. I did this for aya too, went to junlge of brazil I wasn't gonna wait after only one brew to fully integrate to take my chance again anddid it every two days for 10 days. But It was very well worth it. EVen after one difficult experience I'd say, the other have been again easy.
The first one was an incredible purge with the vines, was so good to drink with growing caapi around, also to go pick chacruna leaves during the day, brew it and drink at night...

So of course it depends, andyou will integrate for weeks to months or even years sometimes after really strong experience. Butmost likely you do days and weeks and after a month or two you're more or less settled.
I regret I went back the the city I lived before and should have not stayed more than a month or two after but after a point I lost the benefits and should have kept working this way with kambo and aya.
Might try to go back to this, cause now I see how much am influenced by lifestyle around me. It'ss all about diet, but diet isn't just food you eat. Its everything that comes in and out of your consciousness and subconsciousness too.
Also you have way more results when you set intentions that just doing it to see what's gonna happened.. although you may have as intent to just be curious.. you may be surprised.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Jozeh
#12 Posted : 9/9/2020 10:05:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The neurological basis of integration is an exciting topic.

As for how long, discussed in the above thread is mention of intention, experience, then integration.

The larger the intention when going into the neuroplastic state (read as, the more neural rewiring to be done) then the longer the integration will take (read as the longer it will take to go over and set those new neural pathways.)

That being said, how do you hardwire some of those aspects of the trips that you are yet to derive meaning from?
dreamer042 wrote:
So things like revisiting your trip in meditation, drawing, painting, or writing it out, any method of applying the information, ideas, or skills you learned during the experience will all work to reinforce those new connections and pathways.

Elrik
#13 Posted : 9/9/2020 6:02:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
Integration is still going on all your life for strong experience.
I'm in this camp. And 'strong experience' isn't just a function of dosage, when you're ready for it even a small dose can be a life changer.
Between mushrooms, cactus, mescaline, DMT, rue pharma, THH pharma, and LSD I've tripped hundreds of times. Only a handful of trips stand out as ones I'm still integrating years, or even more than a decade later.
Some trips feel integrated after a good nights sleep and a cup of coffee, these are still doses that would leave newer or lighter users reeling. [I still give myself at least a week to integrate, anyway] Three or four trips feel like ones that will still be integrating all, or most, of my life. Sometimes subsequent trips help integrate or expand earlier ones. I had great success with THH pharma in this regard and you can read my ramble about THH helping to connect to emotion HERE.

Just be patient and observant and don't be in a rush to tick the 'integrated' box on any specific trip, or you might miss some of the future benefits.

sbios
#14 Posted : 9/26/2020 6:12:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nowadays I tend to see these experiences are part of myself. So when I'm integrating the experience, it is more about letting go of the resistance(s) in wanting the experience to be in certain way or what it's suppose to mean. On the other hand, it is the meaning(s) that I give to the experience that helps me consolidate the extraordinary experience into something that makes sense and as a cohesive part of my perceive understandable reality.

So perhaps another way to see it is to ask "How" to integrate the experience in a way to minimize the conflicts/risks and maximize the constructive meanings/benefits.

Abaris
#15 Posted : 12/25/2020 9:04:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What do you mean by integration?
I will venture to say there’s Short, Medium and Long term integration.
For me Short term is settling back into our baseline nervous systems and being able to function planetside. Medium term is remembering what happened and building a meaningful narrative and figure out how that experience changes our world-self view. Long term is making course corrections in our day to day lives.