We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First Successful Home Brew... experience and some questions Options

GustavAnton
#1 Posted : 12/23/2020 8:38:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, it happened. I brewed a concoction of Caapi Vine and Acacia Confusa root bark.

Beautiful Success!

I brewed the plants for a total of 7 hours with 3 pulls spread throughout, singing and praying with the brew at times, at others, playing icaros and other luminous music through speakers in the kitchen.

I sat with one friend. He's drunk the medicine about 10 times. I myself have been sitting for about 10 years, and serving as a co-facilitator in a group for about five. But, because of the current health reality in the world, the group hasn't held a sit since March.

This is what lead me to the homebrew route. It made a lot of sense and I am so grateful this is a possibility.

Anyway, we drank at about 5 pm...sunset... And the first hour was very quiet... The thought that I had brewed a dud certainly crossed our minds. My friend took another cup after only 30 minutes... I waited an hour...

When I went to take another cup, the scent of the medicine really hit me and I just knew, yea, this is the real deal. The faintest fairy of a vision invited me to take in the second cup and so I did.

Twenty minutes later, I let out a large purge. At this point, my friend says, "I'm starting to feel it."

Yea dude! Me to!

I go to empty the purge into the toilet and the medicine space is very real. I return to my friend laying flat on his back. "This is strong medicine" he says. And indeed it was.

A lot of healing intelligence entered my back and vertebrae, almost like a spiritual chiropractic adjustment. I am sitting a lot as a teacher and musician in my daily life, and my posture has suffered because of this. I could feel these deep waves of relief and release moving through my back and shoulders.

The night was flowing beautifully... but... my friend... My Dude! ... he just could not hold himself together! He began mumbling to himself... rambling... making lots of noise... moving a lot... If we had been in a group space, he certainly would have been that one individual who needs a little more attention or to be ushered to a more private space.

He was really being sent through the ringer and I realized I couldn't responsibly take another cup with him in this state. And my dude just wouldn't shut up! It was irritating. I finally had to be a little terse with him and ask him to collect himself, which he did, and as he gradually landed back on the planet earth he apologized.

Despite this, it really was a beautiful, inspiring and healing evening. And I am so grateful that the brew was a success. I look forward to sitting more alone and learning how to work with this particular brew.

I tried to sense a difference between the Acacia and Psychotria, and I couldn't really pin point anything specific, but I imagine I will as I sit more and more with these plants.

A couple questions... How long will this brew stay active? Should I store it in the fridge?

thank you for reading!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

bismillah
#2 Posted : 12/23/2020 10:30:12 PM

My Personalized Tag

The brews last pretty much forever in the fridge, I think. Some people have problems with actives crashing out or settling to the bottom. Can always add a bit of acidic water and shake it up, really.

My philosophy has simply been to make only as much as I want to drink.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.