We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV3031323334NEXT»
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

some one
#621 Posted : 12/10/2020 1:42:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

__the__alchemist__ wrote:
I'm struggling with dialling in my MOD settings, wondering if anyone can give me some advise. I'm running the Aegis Solo Mod, original VV mesh RDA and SS316L mesh. TCR mode, 200°C manual TCR 110 with 35W limit for a 4cm long SS316 mesh. On my last attempt only light psilocybin visuals and after inspecting the RDA I noticed a good portion of the spice melted through the mesh and obviously wasn't vaporized. I've tried SS mode and with zero luck as well. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Smile

Too bad to hear..

Maybe take the mesh out and place it back in again.
Make sure it doesn't touch on bottom inside floor of the rda when tightening it in place.

Does the resistance measure around 0.25 ohm at room temp and did you lock the resistance?

Maybe try inhaling a bit slower (not too slow though).

Otherwise try increasing the Watt limit to 60 W.

Good luck and let us know
some = one | here = some | there = one

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

__the__alchemist__
#622 Posted : 12/10/2020 2:49:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey some one, thanks for the response Smile

- I made sure the mesh isn't touching the bottom of the RDA.

- My resistance is 0.27 ohm and I was assuming the MOD locked in the resistance?

Just tried another attempt inhaling slower with no luck and will increase to 60watt on my next attempt

when I do the glow the test, the mesh pulses bright for a second or two only to dim below any type of glow and then stabilizes at the dim glow. Is the bright glow pulse normal?

"everything is the manifestation of the complexification of information"

Dr. Andrew R. Gallimore

__the__alchemist__
#623 Posted : 12/10/2020 2:52:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
I'm struggling with dialling in my MOD settings, wondering if anyone can give me some advise. I'm running the Aegis Solo Mod, original VV mesh RDA and SS316L mesh. TCR mode, 200°C manual TCR 110 with 35W limit for a 4cm long SS316 mesh. On my last attempt only light psilocybin visuals and after inspecting the RDA I noticed a good portion of the spice melted through the mesh and obviously wasn't vaporized. I've tried SS mode and with zero luck as well. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Smile

Too bad to hear..

Make sure it doesn't touch on bottom inside floor of the rda when tightening it in place.

Does the resistance measure around 0.25 ohm at room temp and did you lock the resistance?

Hey some one, thanks for the response

- My resistance is 0.27 ohm and I was assuming the MOD locked in the resistance?

Just tried another attempt inhaling slower with no luck and will increase to 60watt on my next attempt

when I do the glow the test, the mesh pulses bright for a second or two only to dim below any type of glow and then stabilizes at the dim glow. Is the bright glow pulse normal?
"everything is the manifestation of the complexification of information"

Dr. Andrew R. Gallimore

der-seemann
#624 Posted : 12/10/2020 7:25:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:
der-seemann, see the posts on this page:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1062402#post1062402
I successfully dripped 5meo-dmt, nn-dmt should also work in theory.

Loveall, how much spice did you dissolve in how much ethanol?

Extending the mesh works for me to prevent spilling (see post above). Just buy a 22 cm OD steel rod and cut it 5 cm long. Then cut 2 holes for air intake and a slice for an o-ring. I used a precision cutter, but a simple small steel saw should do the trick. But even with the extension I'd prefer dripping. No need to weigh each dose then. Advantage of dripping on a long mesh vs short is that you can spread multiple drops out over more surface area. But dripping on a short mesh should be no problem and prevents spilling.

1 ml is about 20 drops and a high DMT dose with the mesh is 25 mg, so for:

6 mg spice per drop (24 mg dose = 4 drops): add 120 mg spice to 1 ml or 785 mg ethanol
7 mg spice per drop (28 mg dose = 4 drops): add 140 mg spice to 1 ml or 785 mg ethanol
8 mg spice per drop (24 mg dose = 3 drops): add 160 mg spice to 1 ml or 785 mg ethanol
9 mg spice per drop (27 mg dose = 3 drops): add 180 mg spice to 1 ml or 785 mg ethanol
12 mg spice per drop (24 mg dose = 2 drops): add 240 mg spice to 1 ml or 785 mg ethanol
13 mg spice per drop (26 mg dose = 2 drops): add 280 mg spice to 1 ml or 785 mg ethanol

Or just add the amount of drop desired and then add the amount of desired spice per drop.
Example: add 20 drops and 20 x 8 = 160 mg spice if you desire 8 mg per drop.

I'd go for a dose of 3 drops I think.

Always evaporate the ethanol dry first on low temp prior vaping.

We have to try DMT with 96% ethanol because if it works it would be great!

I'll run a test with 96% ethanol as soon as the vv mash rda arrives. I'll report back next week...

some one
#625 Posted : 12/10/2020 9:23:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking forward to your findings der-seemann!

Quote:

0.27 is fine, but you need to manually lock the resistance. Tripple tap on the fire button until the TCR mode starts pulsing on and off. Tap again to go to the resistance setting, the resistance value will start pulsing. Press the upward key to lock the resistance. A lock icon appears left of the resistance. Hold fire for 1-2 sec to return to vaping mode.

Not sure about the mesh lighting up 1-2 seconds as I use a long mesh. If it glows faint red in the dark the temp should be fine. Maybe someone else can comment on the initial lighting up. Important is not to bend the corners of the mesh too much as this will cause more resistance and will influence the temperature. Make sure you round them off a bit. Try newly cut fully rounded non-bend (but curved) mesh one time. You wont be able to load from the top, but need to take off the outer metal casing and carefully load 10mg at a time, melting it in. Not something to do by default, but to try one time to know that its not your mesh wire.

Do you burn off the mesh coating prior use? On a gas stove or flame lighter?

If this all doesn't help (incl. increasing the W) try increasing the temp. Smoke shouldn't be harsh or the spice gets burned.

The last thing I can think of is spice purity. Is it yellow waxy or fluffy white? If yellow waxy there is a high plant oil content. For changa and some other vaping methods this is no problem. The oils even protect the spice from getting burned. But the mesh is very accurate temp wise. These oils have higher boiling points and can prevent the spice from vaping properly. You could try a clean up by doing a re-x. See the post in my signature under extraction - a/b - clean ups for details.

Good luck and keep us posted

der-seemann
#626 Posted : 12/22/2020 8:42:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

der-seemann wrote:
some one wrote:
der-seemann, see the posts on this page:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1062402#post1062402
I successfully dripped 5meo-dmt, nn-dmt should also work in theory.

Extending the mesh works for me to prevent spilling (see post above). Just buy a 22 cm OD steel rod and cut it 5 cm long. Then cut 2 holes for air intake and a slice for an o-ring. I used a precision cutter, but a simple small steel saw should do the trick. But even with the extension I'd prefer dripping. No need to weigh each dose then. Advantage of dripping on a long mesh vs short is that you can spread multiple drops out over more surface area. But dripping on a short mesh should be no problem and prevents spilling.

1 ml is about 20 drops and a high DMT dose with the mesh is 25 mg, so for:

6 mg spice per drop (24 mg dose = 4 drops): add 120 mg spice to 1 ml or 785 mg ethanol
7 mg spice per drop (28 mg dose = 4 drops): add 140 mg spice to 1 ml or 785 mg ethanol
8 mg spice per drop (24 mg dose = 3 drops): add 160 mg spice to 1 ml or 785 mg ethanol
9 mg spice per drop (27 mg dose = 3 drops): add 180 mg spice to 1 ml or 785 mg ethanol
12 mg spice per drop (24 mg dose = 2 drops): add 240 mg spice to 1 ml or 785 mg ethanol
13 mg spice per drop (26 mg dose = 2 drops): add 280 mg spice to 1 ml or 785 mg ethanol

Or just add the amount of drop desired and then add the amount of desired spice per drop.
Example: add 20 drops and 20 x 8 = 160 mg spice if you desire 8 mg per drop.

I'd go for a dose of 3 drops I think.

Always evaporate the ethanol dry first on low temp prior vaping.

We have to try DMT with 96% ethanol because if it works it would be great!

I'll run a test with 96% ethanol as soon as the vv mash rda arrives. I'll report back next week...

I put 500 mg NN-DMT freebase in a syringe and completed to 1 ml with 96% ethanol.
The DMT dissolved easily at room temperature and within one week no sepreation was observed.
Dosing is possible by placing the MOD / e-mesh head on a scale or better by using an insulin-syrige. The 2 (3) ml syringe I had available and used for mixing is not ideal for precise dosing by volume. Every line is 0,1 ml => 50mg DMT.
With an insulin-syringe it should be easy to dose by 0,01 ml => 5mg DMT.

So far a positiv experiance.
der-seemann attached the following image(s):
P1170283.JPG (2,814kb) downloaded 339 time(s).
P1170287.JPG (2,207kb) downloaded 339 time(s).
P1170295.JPG (3,124kb) downloaded 337 time(s).

Tomtegubbe
#627 Posted : 12/22/2020 9:14:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you get it working? TCR may be unreliable if the mesh is not clean. Wattage mode is more consistent.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Loveall
#628 Posted : 12/22/2020 11:03:44 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

some one wrote:

I can't find what I wrote down, but I believe it was 500mg of DMT in 1.5ml of 75.5% everclear.

Glad to see 96% ethanol is not separating der-seemann. 96% concentration is not sold where I live otherwise I would be repeating your test. By the way did you weigh a few drops from your syringe to measure the dose by using drops?

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

der-seemann
#629 Posted : 12/25/2020 4:18:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:

Glad to see 96% ethanol is not separating der-seemann. 96% concentration is not sold where I live otherwise I would be repeating your test. By the way did you weigh a few drops from your syringe to measure the dose by using drops?

not yet, but I will check out how good dropwise dosing works.

I don't know of any place selling 96% Ethanol here, I got mine form Italy, they sell it in every supermarket over there.
You can check on ebay or ask at your local distillery too.

dmt_awehhaea
#630 Posted : 12/27/2020 7:06:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quoting this comment as I second this question! How has the e-mesh method been for anyone who has attempted to vaporize cannabis concentrates? If this method can be proven effective and adaptable for a range of substances, we may all share the benefits!

Tony6Strings wrote:
Propello!! Have you used your emesh device to vape hash oil? I was thinking about this. I love my Evolve Plus XL for on the go discreet cannabis oil usage. However, a toke from the pen is not as effective as one from a rig with nail heated by torch. I was wondering if maybe the emesh device could get a little closer.

Egzoset
#631 Posted : 12/28/2020 9:00:26 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Don't count on the great, boldly Magnificent & utterly Omnipotent Egzoset with a capital "E" to join the IMBÉCILE'S club.

der-seemann
#632 Posted : 1/1/2021 1:16:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Update to the DMT:Ethanol liquid experiment

So my 1 ml solution with 500mg DMT freebase and 96% Ethanol is still clear, no cloudiness / separation visible.

If I calculated it correctly this solution contains ~ 53,81 % DMT by weight or 45,62 % by volume or 0,5 mg / 1 μl

Verification:
@ ~20°C 5 drops of this liquid weighted ~17 mg
After evaporating (most of) the ethanol the sample weighted ~10 mg
According to my calculation the sample should be 9,14 mg DMT once all ethanol is gone.

So one drop is about 2mg of DMT or 10 - 15 drops a good dose.

I expect that the viscosity > volume > weight > DMT content of a drop varies with the temperature.

der-seemann
#633 Posted : 1/1/2021 1:32:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dmt_awehhaea wrote:
Quoting this comment as I second this question! How has the e-mesh method been for anyone who has attempted to vaporize cannabis concentrates? If this method can be proven effective and adaptable for a range of substances, we may all share the benefits!

Tony6Strings wrote:
Propello!! Have you used your emesh device to vape hash oil? I was thinking about this. I love my Evolve Plus XL for on the go discreet cannabis oil usage. However, a toke from the pen is not as effective as one from a rig with nail heated by torch. I was wondering if maybe the emesh device could get a little closer.

I tried to vape some cannabis extract I made some time ago. This worked good.
Smooth vapor and good taste.

Loveall
#634 Posted : 1/1/2021 3:01:13 PM

❤️‍🔥

der-seemann wrote:
Update to the DMT:Ethanol liquid experiment

So my 1 ml solution with 500mg DMT freebase and 96% Ethanol is still clear, no cloudiness / separation visible.

If I calculated it correctly this solution contains ~ 53,81 % DMT by weight or 45,62 % by volume or 0,5 mg / 1 μl

Verification:
@ ~20°C 5 drops of this liquid weighted ~17 mg
After evaporating (most of) the ethanol the sample weighted ~10 mg
According to my calculation the sample should be 9,14 mg DMT once all ethanol is gone.

So one drop is about 2mg of DMT or 10 - 15 drops a good dose.

I expect that the viscosity > volume > weight > DMT content of a drop varies with the temperature.

Thanks for the info. Those are really small drops, what are you using to make them? A single drop from a syringe was 17mg for me (75% ethanol with DMT).

Just to double check, you are reporting total weight of 17mg from 5 drops and not weight per drop, right?

On a separate note, it's really good news that there is no separation in your 96% ethanol tests Thumbs up

der-seemann
#635 Posted : 1/2/2021 12:09:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:

Thanks for the info. Those are really small drops, what are you using to make them? A single drop from a syringe was 17mg for me (75% ethanol with DMT).

Just to double check, you are reporting total weight of 17mg from 5 drops and not weight per drop, right?

On a separate note, it's really good news that there is no separation in your 96% ethanol tests Thumbs up

I just double-checked.
The numbers are more or less correct.

I used the syringe with a needle do make the drops.
they are really small. This time 10 drops equaled 38 mg.

But you are right. In the past I also had drops of 17 mg with a solution of 50:50 eth:H2O and some sulfates.

That confirms again that a dropwise dosing varies very much, dependent on a number of factors like the solution itself, but also the tool used to make the drops, the temperature and who knows what else.

Conclusion:
if drops are chosen to measure a dose, an individual measurement of the substance per drop ratio must be performed first. and even than some variation must be expected.

a volume or weight based measurement should be preferred.

Loveall
#636 Posted : 1/2/2021 1:20:27 PM

❤️‍🔥

Thanks, make sense. I used a luer lock syringe with no needle and got 17mg.

I wonder what the range is without the needle. Maybe the really small drops from a needle are more variable than the larger ones from the bare tip (?).

I'll post any data I get. I like the idea of 17ml drops for dosing. If 50% DMT, one drop should give a strong preview and two the full experience on e-mesh.

megapineapple
#637 Posted : 1/2/2021 9:49:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

some one wrote:

Too bad to hear..

Hi, ive been having similar issues, i found Minty Love video on YT - DMT Direct Emesh Vaping Simplified - actually mentions going down to a lower wattage 14-16W in his comments.

My mesh glowed red hot even though it was meant to be controlling, it clearly wasnt. I lowered the wattage to 14W instead and the glowing stopped but would seem to vape a test amount ok. I will attempt tomorrow properly.

I'll keep you posted. I think going higher in Watts will not help, the initial use of the mesh seemed to control temperature at first hut then stopped for some reason,i i suspected my unit maybe faulty but if limiting the Wattage then it may do the trick just as well.

He also has an unlisted video in the comments, near the middle in the section - MOD BOX SETTINGS - link at the bottom. showing how it should react i just saw. Gotta love Minty!

dmt_awehhaea
#638 Posted : 1/4/2021 4:09:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been trying out the e-mesh method thanks to all who have been involved so far and have been blown away by how exceptional this method is compared to e-liquids and traditional vaporization/smoking apparatuses. Last attempt at making an e-liquid out with a 1:1 ratio of DMT and PG(Polypropylene Glycol) proved to be a waste of time and spice in my own experience. I haven't broken through just yet, but have had some pleasant experiences with my device so far! As of now with these recent developments, I don't see any better and more reliable way to consume DMT!!

Working off the initial settings/setup, measuring doses, and taking care to carefully place the DMT on the mesh without spilling seem to be among the most difficult aspects I've encountered thus far.

Here's what I'm currently running with my setup:

Vaporesso Target Mini II
VV Mesh RDA clone
100 Micron 304SS Mesh (Using the cut-out template provided by Lampeyelittle.)

I initially found TCR and Temp control mode to be ineffective and struggled with the mesh burning too hot even after lowering the temperature to the device limit of 200F, and the TCR to 80. After testing around a bit more with the wattage and temperature, I found the mode CCT-SS which worked superbly! It allows you to control the wattage, TCR, and adjust the curve of the temperature using gradual increments of .5s for a total of 5s.

With the mesh running between 0.12 Ω and 0.2 Ω, my device is currently setup in CCT-SS @ 30W, TCR: 100 with a temperature curve as follows:

[140C, .5s] [170C, .5s] [175C, .5s] [180C, .5s] [185C, .5s] [190C, 2s] [185C, .5s]

An initial temp of 140-200C was found suitable for melting the crystals while pulsing. The 30C ramp up in temperature that follows on longer presses heats the mesh to a more suitable temperature for fast vaporization.

I plan to tweak the temperature curve a bit more and load up a higher dose.

some one
#639 Posted : 1/4/2021 10:13:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the new info guys, will read up and comment later.

Just popping in to say I succeeded to vape drops.

I second that 96% ethanol doesn't separate, it stays homogeneous.

About getting the drop dosage right, I believe the following way is the most accurate and simple:

Say you want want to dissolve 500 mg spice in 8 mg spice per drop then 500 / 8 = 62.5 drops. Round off to 62 drops.

Step 1: load an empty 5 ml or 10 ml pipette bottle with 500 mg spice. Or 496 mg ( 62 * 8 ) if you want to be super precise.
Step 2: add 62 drops of solvent (ethanol) with the same pipette used for loading the vape.
Step 3: mix until all spice dissolves.

Each drop will contain exactly 8 mg of spice no matter the drop volume and liquid mass.

I would go for 8 mg spice per drop as 3 drops will equal 24 mg = breakthrough.

Quote:
I performed my fist drop test with 12 mg spice:

For testing purposes I started with 4 mg.drop. I loaded 3 drops (12 mg). Used a 50 mm long 13 mm wide 100 mesh. I decided to lower the temp as the spice will be spread out on the mesh and vape faster. After loading each drop i evapped the ethanol by pulsing at 100 C. Used @ 180 C 60 W to vape. I got all in one hit and was a decent experience for 12 mg.

So it works!

Tried again by lowering the temp to 150 C and 160 C, but these are too low to vape all in one hit. 180 does the trick. Note that the spice was yellow crystally, not fluffy white, meaning plant oil might prevent vaping at lower temps.
source

Thumbs up

zikzak
#640 Posted : 1/4/2021 10:42:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

@some one

Hmm this could be a method to dose 5-MeO-DMT very accurately I guess..

«PREV3031323334NEXT»