We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Reducing Viscosity Options

dithyramb
#1 Posted : 12/20/2020 6:53:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have realized that brews with higher viscosity take longer to be digested and enter the bloodstream, as in the case with san pedro brews. This is much less tolerable with ayahuasca analogues as there is a limited window of time for actives to be absorbed and mao to be inhibited before dmt is destroyed. I was wondering if there are any known techniques to further reduce viscosity or filter out the sticky gooey texture, after letting settle and decanting.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

doubledog
#2 Posted : 12/20/2020 7:08:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One effective way is to add alcohol to the concentrated brew, cool, let settle, decant and filter liquid then boil off (or distill off) the alcohol.

dithyramb
#3 Posted : 12/20/2020 8:53:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, doubledog. Have you tested this on san pedro brews?
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

doubledog
#4 Posted : 12/20/2020 10:09:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I have tested it mainly for cactus brews, it works very well.
You need to reduce the tea a lot, to thick syrup to almost paste consistency, then add 2 times or more volume of ethanol.
Lot of sediment will separate, decant liquid and evaporate it.

dithyramb
#5 Posted : 12/21/2020 8:08:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does it significantly reduce the onset?

~ Pablo Amaringo

doubledog
#6 Posted : 12/21/2020 8:39:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not significantly, mescaline is slow acting substance, so you still need to wait some time for the effects, but some reducing of onset time is definitely there.