We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Several attempts, no breakthrough yet Options

Allegro Vivo
#1 Posted : 12/13/2020 2:29:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've now tried my extract about 7 times through various delivery systems and varying dosages. An oil burner got me nowhere so I bought an APX Volt with a ceramic cup. Last weekend I measured 30mg, today it was 40mg.

Both times I only reached a place of rotating bands of multi-colors and a total buzzy body feel. These were CEVs, but there were also definite OEVs - mainly vibrating objects in the room. My mind is clear and my intent is peaceful and welcoming.

Since I'm obviously getting something I know it's not my extraction. And the Volt is indeed melting the spice nicely and giving me vapor. I have to conclude that the sticking point is the small amount of trazodone I take to sleep. It's not a true SSRI but I believe it's related.

Conclusion: unless and until I can wean myself off what I've found is the best way to get a decent night's sleep - so it's gonna be tough - there's no point in trying this again, alas.

Thanks for reading.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

โ—‹
#2 Posted : 12/13/2020 4:06:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

If you haven't, maybe take a read through this thread:

Attn. If you're having a hard time breaking through read this.

Has a nice outline of the various methods of smoking/vaping DMT. Goes into a little depth as well.

I don't know much about trazodone other than skimming through what's said about it. I would probably avoid any form of changa if you were to ever consider changa as a delivery method for dmt [or any maoi/rima for that matter], just to err on the side of caution. Though to each their own.

Sounds like you're getting the obvious initial effects of dmt - the very beginning/the start of the experience can tend to have that buzzy bodyload, gyrating/rotating bands of color of various depths [ime]. All of that sounds like the initial effects as things are beginning to accelerate.

Best of luck Smile

Allegro Vivo
#3 Posted : 12/13/2020 7:32:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, Tatt. I'm glad to know that things are at least working in the right direction! I do know about the danger of mixing certain drugs with MAOIs and have no intention of trying that particular concoction. At least until I've cleared everything else out of my system.

I've dipped into the thread you kindly linked. I'll give it a careful read.

Really appreciate your weighing in.

bismillah
#4 Posted : 12/18/2020 7:02:26 PM

My Personalized Tag

Yes, almost all my trips resided in the space you describe. Mostly because I was scared to go further Big grin
On the brink, being pulled through doors and rooms... but if I opened my eyes I was still decidedly here.

A couple things:
- Use an MAOI
- Commit!
Like, I know you're already committed, but commit. Try the classic three hit whammy. Or, if you're like me, do a bit to get your foot in the door, and take another big hit a minute in or so to send you over the edge.

Edit:
Not advisable to use MAOIs with an SSRI.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Allegro Vivo
#5 Posted : 12/21/2020 8:21:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I appreciate your input, bismillah. I've read variously about people getting to where you and I have found ourselves and continue to aspire to more. As you clearly have done. I'm now using an APX Volt so have hope. And since I'm tapering off an SARI I will continue to avoid MAOI use - thanks for the advice on that.

WanderingCat
#6 Posted : 12/21/2020 8:55:52 PM

The White Haired Cat

THH is an SSRI right? would it be bad to use that with an MAOI?

Some think its an MAOI but that isn't the case from most of my readings

Also I believe Caapi itself has THH with Harmalas. So I feel like I just answered my own question Very happy

In regards to other medication thats an SSRI It's very dangerous however.
Grass Grows When The Tiny Cat is Dreaming

Phangz wrote:

"this is your height on dmt.."

Allegro Vivo
#7 Posted : 12/25/2020 7:53:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, W.C. I can't comment on the chemical you mention. I do know that mixing an MAOI and an SSRI can indeed lead to seratonin syndrome, which can be bad and even in some cases fatal. Trazodone is a related drug but still something I'm wary of. Appreciate your input!

WanderingCat
#8 Posted : 12/26/2020 7:40:48 AM

The White Haired Cat

THH is definitely an SSRI. First mentioning of it I didn't look very confident Laughing I tend to doubt my knowledge sometimes and second guess Neutral

It's rather lovely how caapi contains, harmine and THH, and ever so slighty harmaline.

Makes a beautiful dance with DMT.

As far as any other SSRI to my knowledge is just a bad idea.

If your having trouble still breaking through I recommend, Direct E-Mesh, GVG, and Gordo Tek Dream Maker. I have no personal experience with direct e but I hear many good things about it. One hit break throughs seem common. GVG was my first tool for dmt and have loved it. I tend to fuck up my technique due to not having it refined but I gotten breakthroughs with some patience and time. I own Gordo Tek Dream Maker however I'm currently waiting to use it. Seems easier to use than the GVG possibly. Sometime soon and I can confirm results.

Use harmalas but make sure you've studied how much to take. Most base dosage off whats in ayahuasca.

You'll have a breakthrough soon Smile

Just keep doing you traveler Pleased
Grass Grows When The Tiny Cat is Dreaming

Phangz wrote:

"this is your height on dmt.."

Allegro Vivo
#9 Posted : 12/30/2020 11:18:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, Cat. The first attempts I made after my extraction were with the Dream Maker. I have a feeling I burned the spice. I then bought an oil burner, likewise a no-go. Finally I invested in an APX Volt as it was both highly recommended and seemed, to use a dangerous term, foolproof.

Getting off the SARI as I'm doing is what I believe will do it for me. That and keeping my mind open and expectations low. I appreciate the good words.

First let me see where DMT takes me. Then I can address additives!

Allegro Vivo
#10 Posted : 1/10/2021 2:48:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I seem not to be getting very far on this adventure. Having stopped taking the SARI more than 3 weeks ago, I once again tried a 40mg dose in my APX Volt. The experience was very intense but only within the same paramaters: eyes-closed pulsating bands of many colored tiny symbols, a full body tingling, pulsing and distorting room elements with eyes open and the like. The entire thing lasted maybe 2 minutes.

I really appreciate all the kind folk here who have been encouraging me. I am not giving up, but at the moment my drawing board is blank!

BongQuixote
#11 Posted : 1/10/2021 10:38:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have seen this before with two of my friends. They are simply immune to DMT, and never got further than slightly distorted open eye visuals, no matter how much they smoked out of a vaporgenie. Experienced smokers, so not user error. I don't know if there is a mental block, or some anatomical difference, but it does happen. I would up the dosage a bit, especially if you're not sure how pure it is. My self-extracted stuff is decently clean, but I still wouldn't go lower than 50mg if I'm expecting a breakthrough.

Allegro Vivo
#12 Posted : 1/11/2021 7:59:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, BongQuixote, great that you weighed in and in fact I've come to the same conclusion about dosage while hoping not to find myself in your friends' category. Likely will wait a week or two and then try 50 or so mg.

Since this was my first extraction I can't guarantee purity, quality and so forth. It looked to me like many of the photos I've seen, and I re-Xed a bit of it that appeared dark and clumpy.

Also: my thanks to the members and mods who've granted me full membership. I'm grateful and look forward to learning as I go!

Quaid
#13 Posted : 1/26/2021 5:23:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Iโ€™m a newb with an APX Volt as well. Like you, Iโ€™ve gotten the distortions in real world visuals (rippling blankets, high contrast everything), but no breakthrough. I think it might be the Volt. With 35mg, It takes like 7 or 8 hits to get it all. I kind of like it that way because itโ€™s easier on the lungs, but Iโ€™m pretty sure Iโ€™m not hitting the time window at 2.8v. At 3.2v my lungs are burning so Iโ€™m thinking Iโ€™m burning the stuff.

Any progress in the last few weeks?

__the__alchemist__
#14 Posted : 1/26/2021 6:53:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quaid wrote:
Iโ€™m a newb with an APX Volt as well. Like you, Iโ€™ve gotten the distortions in real world visuals (rippling blankets, high contrast everything), but no breakthrough. I think it might be the Volt. With 35mg, It takes like 7 or 8 hits to get it all. I kind of like it that way because itโ€™s easier on the lungs, but Iโ€™m pretty sure Iโ€™m not hitting the time window at 2.8v. At 3.2v my lungs are burning so Iโ€™m thinking Iโ€™m burning the stuff.

Any progress in the last few weeks?

Hey Quaid
I've had varying results with my experience with the Volt. Saying that I've had success setting mine at 2.8v with 25-30mg. Pre-melt your spice by holding the button for 3-5 seconds, once spice melts reclick and hold button while blasting away. The trick is the strength and speed of your inhale. If your spice rides the walls of the mouthpiece you're pulling to hard, if it tastes harsh, then you're pulling to soft. It definitely takes a few attempts to dial in your technique.

hopefully this helps
"everything is the manifestation of the complexification of information"

Dr. Andrew R. Gallimore

Exitwound
#15 Posted : 1/26/2021 1:01:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BongQuixote wrote:
I have seen this before with two of my friends. They are simply immune to DMT, and never got further than slightly distorted open eye visuals, no matter how much they smoked out of a vaporgenie. Experienced smokers, so not user error. I don't know if there is a mental block, or some anatomical difference, but it does happen. I would up the dosage a bit, especially if you're not sure how pure it is. My self-extracted stuff is decently clean, but I still wouldn't go lower than 50mg if I'm expecting a breakthrough.

I have a friend like this, mild CEVs, slight OEVs (colour change). Freebase also makes him nauseus and leaves him yawning like crazy for 5-10 minutes after effects wear off.
Mushrooms also don't affect him in a way they do me or other people who ate the same mushrooms, he needs higher dosages to achieve desired effect.

Our mutual conclusion after many tries, is that he has overused substances in his youth and now is extremely tolerant to various psychoactive substances.

Wondering what you think is the reason for tolerance of your friends. Just for science Smile

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 1/26/2021 7:06:00 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Exitwound wrote:
BongQuixote wrote:

I have a friend like this, mild CEVs, slight OEVs (colour change). Freebase also makes him nauseus and leaves him yawning like crazy for 5-10 minutes after effects wear off.
Mushrooms also don't affect him in a way they do me or other people who ate the same mushrooms, he needs higher dosages to achieve desired effect.

Our mutual conclusion after many tries, is that he has overused substances in his youth and now is extremely tolerant to various psychoactive substances.

Wondering what you think is the reason for tolerance of your friends. Just for science Smile

People also vary in their expression of serotonin receptors, which in turn affects their response to serotonergic substances. There was a link to some kind of study about this but my level of recollection stops at that for now.

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

BongQuixote
#17 Posted : 1/28/2021 9:26:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

With my friends it's not tolerance, so I suspect an anatomical difference like downwardsfromzero mentioned.

Allegro Vivo
#18 Posted : 1/29/2021 2:00:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's gratifying (in a frustrating way of course) to see so many responses to my initial query.

Couple weeks ago I went ahead with the 50mgs. The experience was a bit stronger than before but still far shy of breakthrough. I do feel as though I'm taking the hits properly, i.e. neither too quickly nor too slowly, as afterward there doesn't appear to be much if any residue in the ceramic cup of the Volt.

However I read in another thread about the relationship between DMT and kratom. So only speaking for myself, although there's certainly the possibility that I'm "immune" to the spice, the fact that I use the latter daily is the likely culprit in my non-breakthroughs.

Bottom line: I have some decisions to make!

Thank you everyone for being kind enough to offer opinions. They are all valued.