We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How entheogens have affected your societal beliefs? Options

Tomtegubbe
#1 Posted : 12/17/2020 8:52:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to hear about how your values have changed or strengthened along the path you have taken to explore the universums inside.

Regarding individual freedom, I have become very liberal. I think people should have extensive right to decide for themselves. I guess this is quite natural as you often have to take the liberty yourself. Regarding society, on the other hand, I think I have become more conservative, in a sense, that I think we should respect more traditions, old manners and lifestyles. I'm afraid the society might be progressing too fast for people to adapt and that causes much suffering among the good things the changes bring. I wish we had weaker states and stronger communities where people have to take personal responsibility and grow.

Also, I think that many things you learn through inner enlightenment transcend all conventional political ideologies. It'd be interesting to hear, if there are some common tendencies on this topic.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 12/18/2020 3:13:11 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

agreed.

what they have done for me, is facilitate questioning. This was a natural progression, into a path of science, which inherently promotes questioning. Every answer brings up more questions. And beware those premises that claim to have conclusive answers, they're more than likely trying to sell you some half-baked reality.

Fear is THE tool, used to control people. Replace it with knowledge, understanding.
Everyone is ignorant, nobody knows it all...but willful ignorance is a choice, especially in the prime of the information age. Keep beliefs fluid, because facts are subject to chance...and don't forget, like bill hicks said...it's just a ride. enjoy it.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Achilles
#3 Posted : 12/18/2020 1:42:24 PM

I is the obstacle.

For me I’ve learned a lot about myself. Psychedelics help to show me that I’m a control freak and have obsessive tendencies that though normal are still unhealthy in my day to day life. Psychedelics taught me to try to let go of things I can’t control and be ok with what is. I’m very appreciative of everything I’ve learned from these wonderful substances as well as everything I’ve learned from my nexian brother. I love you guys 💕 . As far as socially I have also grown more liberal but with some conservative views still in place. I like to think the psychs helped me to find the median between the two sides.
This guys ego ^

5 Dimensional Nick
#4 Posted : 1/6/2021 9:32:27 PM

"Full of multiversal flow!"

Alot of different things changed. The thing that affected me the most though was my spiritual religious orientation.

I was raised Church of England Christian. Then when I was 10 my 6 year old younger sister got cancer and died although I prayed every night to God to save her. So logically God didn't exist. I became a staunch atheist and studied physics and math. In my later teen when introduced to multiple entheogens (LSD, Ketamine, Salvia, Mushrooms, DXM, 2CB) (I didn't continue to abuse the more "dodgy" ones) I developed spiritual beliefs again that I hold to this day 20 years later.

No dogma, nothing religious but belief in eternal "consciousnesses" on some level, maybe extra dimensions of time or space. Believing "outside the box".

"The Cycle Is The Only Thing That Lasts Forever"

And for society: we should all be more tolerant, honest, and not lie to ourselves!

PEACE
"Anonymous around the mouse, hyperspace black ops in my house,
A technical itch you can't ignore, viral like that magic spore,
Laced in life like a blockchain, special characters around my name,
They got game like Nintendo flow, it's always the same you will know,
I can't be pinned down like a Q-Bit, my architecture all neuromorphic,
On the roof if the internet had one, fire escape's fibre optic dragon." Onepacman