We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What is the exact character of 5 MeO DMT? Options

dithyramb
#1 Posted : 12/15/2020 3:42:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never consumed this molecule by itself, but I assume to have experienced it through ayahuasca analogues using grass species.

5 MeO DMT is said to be both cold and also ecstatic and euphoric. I guess it is both, somehow. But most of the grasses have been delivering pure ecstatic energy to me... Whole body orgasm like. Highly euphoric and nothing I would call cold. I wonder if this could be due to the rue, or the total composition of the grasses...

Any ideas/feedback to offer?

How would you describe 5 MeO DMT?

I am getting more and more interested in this psychedelic.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

fluidfocus
#2 Posted : 12/16/2020 11:13:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Euphoric is not a word most people I think would use to describe this; I certainly wouldn't. It's kind of the opposite of euphoric. Intense yes, euphoric no. It's not like N,N-DMT in that regard. No visuals either really, just sheer intensity.

VibeSurfer
#3 Posted : 12/16/2020 1:57:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find it euphoric. This drug is very, very different depending on ROA tho.

Edit: Thought I should clarify: Euphoria is mostly present in the afterglow for all ROA’s but boofed is highly euphoric in general
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

WanderingCat
#4 Posted : 12/16/2020 3:49:26 PM

The White Haired Cat

my 5 meo experience was rather warm and euphoric feeling right before the breakthrough. Definitely had visuals, entered a dimension controlled by a massive entity with his lower half being a pyramid connected to his world. The experience is different for everybody. Some get visuals or not. Read many reports being vast from others.
Grass Grows When The Tiny Cat is Dreaming

Phangz wrote:

"this is your height on dmt.."

dithyramb
#5 Posted : 12/17/2020 6:08:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So the consensus is that it is euphoric, especially in the afterglow? That matches my experiences. Vine surfer, what is booting?
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

bismillah
#6 Posted : 12/18/2020 3:31:11 AM

My Personalized Tag

dithyramb wrote:
what is booting?

Boofing is when you put it in the wrong hole.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

dithyramb
#7 Posted : 12/18/2020 8:06:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks bismillah. I don't think I will be trying that.

What about clarity of thought. How does 5 MeO compare to N,N in this regard?

~ Pablo Amaringo

trncefigurate_aomn
#8 Posted : 12/29/2020 2:14:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is something you may have contemplated before, when gathering together many of the companion lifeforms, including ourselves, that we know as signifiers of the presence of 5-MeO DMT!!

It can be said this way among many others: A uniquely measured yet broad cacophany that can bring genuinely deep harmoniousness!!

We can notice the presence of that within the sounds of reed instruments, as well as reeds moving together in the wind, in the toads' songs and the rhythms of how they move about, and so much of our varying human sounds and behaviors!
There also seem to be reminders about how the procession of the universe emphasizes that it can sustain the ongoing expressions of all of the aspects that are present!

null24
#9 Posted : 12/30/2020 4:23:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I don't think terms like'euphoric' can even relate to the experience of taking 5meoDMT. It is but a descriptor that comes to my mind in trying to describe it. It is neither dysphoric though, it's really beyond body, and it really is...ineffable. I wish I could do better for you.

In my limited experience with it, it has proven to be more effective in transformative emotional healing than anything I've come across or sought out. When it crossed paths with me, I was in an active search for something to do just that, give me some sort of insight into the nature of my addiction and help alleviate the concurrent suicidality.

It certainly did something along those lines, cementing in my reality a experiential knowledge of my place as a intrinsic yet inconsequential part of the intricate working of the intelligent be-ing of All That Is.. This helped close the hole in my heart and provided a strong foundation for my subsequent personal work.

My first encounter with it was an exact replication of a classic near-death experience, and I think that it would be a great tool for people facing end-of-life crossed, something I may explore in the very near future considering some issues I am currently dealing with in my personal life.

I doubt any of this information is valuable to you considering your questions, but these are some of my thoughts around it. I had about a half dozen encounters with it over a month-long period about 8-9 years ago that still resonate loudly, informing much of my current thinking and world view. It helped me cement my value system and to be closer to the person I want to be.

On second thought about euphoria in relation to it: I guess it fits. Especially at lower doses, and certainly in afterglow, and it fits far better than the descriptions of dysphoria I've heard applied to it by some who describe it as "dark DMT". I've always felt n,n to almost have a dysphoric body lost and a 'coldness' to it, which I think is part of it's inability to be a "party drug".

There's my two cents and you can have it for free!
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

dithyramb
#10 Posted : 12/30/2020 10:35:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot null24, I am seeking all the information I can get on 5-MeO-DMT. I am intrigued by the healing possibilities attributed to it.

And trncefigurate, I appreciate your cryptic mystical messages.

Please keep the info and inspiration flowing.

~ Pablo Amaringo

dithyramb
#11 Posted : 1/3/2021 8:06:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How would you guys describe the relationship of 5 MeO DMT with music? Is it musical? Does it encourage making music? Or does it prefer silence, or a simple drone?

Ayahuasca might be a good reference for comparison.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Lemon Flip
#12 Posted : 1/3/2021 6:03:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi dithyramb, I do not personally have experience with 5-MeO-DMT outside the context of a single mildly successful Phalaris arundinaceae exposure, within which I drank a cup of concentrated (~1kg) of grass water extract without an MAOI. It was euphoric, no visuals. Was there even 5-MeO-DMT in it? Who knows, it was extremely weak and I cannot say.

However I believe I have something which is.. interestingBig grin for all of those who are interested in the effects of (intranasal) 5-MeO-DMT. Especially over an extended period of time.

This is a video on a guy who took intranasal 5-MeO-DMT every day for 30 days. He makes videos on self-actualization and spirituality. IMO he isn't very good at guiding an individual to insights, more of a conceptual rationale that they're there. Whether or not they are true or of any use, is not something I can say lol. Well anyways he made a 2:19:30 long video describing his experience in rather great detail.

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 1/4/2021 5:53:53 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Lemon Flip wrote:
[...]

However I believe I have something which is.. interestingBig grin for all of those who are interested in the effects of (intranasal) 5-MeO-DMT. Especially over an extended period of time.

This is a video on a guy who took intranasal 5-MeO-DMT every day for 30 days. He makes videos on self-actualization and spirituality. IMO he isn't very good at guiding an individual to insights, more of a conceptual rationale that they're there. Whether or not they are true or of any use, is not something I can say lol. Well anyways he made a 2:19:30 long video describing his experience in rather great detail.

Ah, yes - Leo Gura. There is a thread discussing what he has to say:
Leo Gura and 5-MeO

Quote:
a single mildly successful Phalaris arundinaceae exposure, within which I drank a cup of concentrated (~1kg) of grass water extract without an MAOI. It was euphoric, no visuals. Was there even 5-MeO-DMT in it? Who knows, it was extremely weak and I cannot say.

Have you contributed this report to the (one of the) Phalaris research thread(s) yet?
e.g., ~Phalaris = The Way Of The Future~

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli