We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV13141516NEXT
Movie bin Options

#281 Posted : 9/17/2018 3:41:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

A great documentary, though sad towards the end. Definitely moving and inspiring.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Exitwound
#282 Posted : 11/21/2018 6:19:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.imdb.com/tit...0810988/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The Nines (2007)

Watched it yesterday. Whole movie was unexpectedly trippy.
I think if you like DMT you will like this movie Smile

Tony6Strings
#283 Posted : 4/23/2019 7:41:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just finished watching Grave of the Fireflies. One of the saddest films I've ever watched. Have watched a few anime as a result of this thread, I started with Spirited Away. That was awesome. Howls Moving Castle, I liked very much. Princess Mononoke, was okay. Liked the first two better. My Neighbor Totoro, I liked very much. Grave of the Fireflies was great but, as mentioned, horribly sad.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

AikyO
#284 Posted : 8/14/2019 1:11:57 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

I hope my fellow psychonaut out there have gone to see the penultimate pagan movie. Midsommar. It's inextricable perfection from beginning to end and has the best psychedelic effect I've seen yet. The afterglow is sublime, do see it at noon and enjoy your perception getting switched to peripheral focus of mushroom goodness. Needless to say it has to be experienced in theater. Beware flashbacks and do press Rewatch.
安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

FranLover
#285 Posted : 8/14/2019 1:33:35 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Tony6Strings wrote:
Just finished watching Grave of the Fireflies. One of the saddest films I've ever watched. Have watched a few anime as a result of this thread, I started with Spirited Away. That was awesome. Howls Moving Castle, I liked very much. Princess Mononoke, was okay. Liked the first two better. My Neighbor Totoro, I liked very much. Grave of the Fireflies was great but, as mentioned, horribly sad.

Tony watch Only Yesterday (1991) Smile
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Tomtegubbe
#286 Posted : 12/3/2020 9:13:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I strongly recommend this film The Tale of The Princess Kaguya
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2576852/

The ending is just... Well, the deeper and deeper I get, the more sense it seems to make about why we are here and what this world is.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Jees
#287 Posted : 12/15/2020 10:55:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe
#288 Posted : 2/13/2021 6:39:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I highly recommend the film Soul by Disney Pixar. I think it's very very accurate depiction of Samsara.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

roninsina
#289 Posted : 10/30/2021 10:07:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Went out with the family to see Dune (2021), and if you’re a fan of Frank Herbert or the genre in general, I highly recommended it. It’s the first time I’ve seen something on the big screen (we were masked, vaccinated, and social distanced) since the pandemic started, so my appreciation may be a bit overblown, but I actually would like to see it again while it’s still out on the big screen. Great performances by A-list stars, a decent amount of respect paid to the original story, and well executed special effects/costumes/cinematography.
"We dance round in a ring and suppose,
while the secret sits in the middle and knows." Robert Frost

Nydex
#290 Posted : 10/30/2021 10:17:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would highly recommend Get Out (2017). All I can say is that it's not surprising this movie won an Oscar for best original screenplay. Jordan Peele did phenomenal work with this one. The acting is great, the writing is great, the music is decent, and the overall flow and how the story unfolds is sublime. Starts out perfectly normal, and gradually develops into something abnormal. Very much liked it, hope you will too.
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Nydex
#291 Posted : 10/30/2021 10:38:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And another one from me - Arrival (2016). It's a movie about our first contact with alien intelligence. Language plays a central role in the plot which develops beautifully to also encompass the vast topic of time. We rarely pay much attention to language in our daily lives, but if you think about it, language is the framework upon which all of our understanding is draped. In the last third of the movie, I would recommend you try and focus as much as possible on what's happening because things get a bit complicated. Well worth the effort when you understand what's going on though! Thumbs up
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

murklan
#292 Posted : 10/30/2021 11:57:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree with Nydex on Arrival. Really good music by Jóhann Jóhannsson
too (listen here).

Two of my absolute favorites (not related to psychedelics) are:
Sans Soleil (1983)
and more recently
Werckmeister Harmonies (2000)

They don't sound like much then you read about them.... But that's why you should watch them.

null24
#293 Posted : 10/31/2021 2:14:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Speaking of Arrival, OK, so are we gonna talk about Dune? I for one am a fan of Vilaneuve's sci-fi vision. Folks either seem to love him or hate him. He is a master at portraying wide open vistas and cinematic world creation and put it to good use in this film. I enjoyed the mix of alien tech combined with elements recognizable as Earth military technology like the ornithopter controls and communication gear. I watched it on my laptop first but think I'll splurge on seeing it in the theatre, maybe even 3-D on shrooms or something. The local freepaper gave it their "pile of turd" rating which they rarely use and I balk at that. I admit to not having read the book (I am more of a non-fiction guy, although I am currently re-reading the Illuminatus trilogy), so I can't speak to its accuracy as a filmic adaption. What do y'all, especially fans of the source material think?

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

roninsina
#294 Posted : 10/31/2021 2:32:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Speaking of Arrival, OK, so are we gonna talk about Dune? I for one am a fan of Vilaneuve's sci-fi vision. Folks either seem to love him or hate him. He is a master at portraying wide open vistas and cinematic world creation and put it to good use in this film. I enjoyed the mix of alien tech combined with elements recognizable as Earth military technology like the ornithopter controls and communication gear. I watched it on my laptop first but think I'll splurge on seeing it in the theatre, maybe even 3-D on shrooms or something. The local freepaper gave it their "pile of turd" rating which they rarely use and I balk at that. I admit to not having read the book (I am more of a non-fiction guy, although I am currently re-reading the Illuminatus trilogy), so I can't speak to its accuracy as a filmic adaption. What do y'all, especially fans of the source material think?

I think post #289 above Laughing And I enjoyed all of RA Wilson’s crap including the church o’ Bob (divine sub-genius) stuff, but I haven’t seen the movie Laughing

null24
#295 Posted : 10/31/2021 4:55:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

roninsina wrote:
null24 wrote:

I think post #289 above Laughing And I enjoyed all of RA Wilson’s crap including the church o’ Bob (divine sub-genius) stuff, but I haven’t seen the movie Laughing

???

EDIT: Oh! 298...Razz Laughing We are both slacking.Wink

DOUBLE EDIT: re-watched it last night, and man, it's a damn good movie. I am actually angry at the pile of turd review. I was afriad it was not well-received and part 2 wouldn't be green-lit, but it has. Oct 2023 projected release dat, just read online. Hells yeahs.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Bill Cipher
#296 Posted : 10/31/2021 6:45:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I liked it a lot, and I've liked all of Vilenueve's films I've seen so far (haven't seen his first two). I read the book, and honestly, it's not really one of my faves. It's long and plodding, and the dialog and prose are just clunky as shit in my opinion. I felt like it was a pretty faithful adaptation though, albeit with 90% of the fat trimmed off.

My understanding is that Paul becomes the ultimate villain (like an intergalactic Hitler of sorts) in the subsequent books. It will be interesting to see if the movie franchise goes there, but regardless I'm looking forward to the next one, whenever it happens.

Triptofaun
#297 Posted : 12/23/2021 7:44:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OA - serial
Sexual energy is the only one energy that we have, said the Mexican shaman Don Juan Matus.

So why then we shoud waste it on procreation, when we can open an endless universe of incredible discoveries?

roninsina
#298 Posted : 12/23/2021 8:40:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
roninsina wrote:
null24 wrote:

???

EDIT: Oh! 298...Razz Laughing We are both slacking.Wink

DOUBLE EDIT: re-watched it last night, and man, it's a damn good movie. I am actually angry at the pile of turd review. I was afriad it was not well-received and part 2 wouldn't be green-lit, but it has. Oct 2023 projected release dat, just read online. Hells yeahs.

Oh yeah, you’re right, I meant 298! Laughing

hug454
#299 Posted : 3/4/2022 10:34:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is probably one of the most depressing films that i have ever seen. It sent me into an existential black hole for weeks after i watched it..

hug454
#300 Posted : 4/13/2022 10:37:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

«PREV13141516NEXT