We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Rue ...dreamig... Options

starway7
#1 Posted : 12/13/2020 7:15:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im already used to making rue tea from seed ..it works well that way with or without spice..

But im also into lucid and non lucid dreaming ..and found rue in correct dosages [for me is]... extreemly effective for dreaming..!

I used to go to the trouble of brewing a tea from the seed for tripping or dreaming..and it works very well either way...

After brewing a small amount of tea from.. [[from one gram] ..[after some filtering].. i would reduce the tea till it fits in a one ounce dropper bottle..... and for dreaming ...simply apply so many drops under the toung for sublingual absorbtion at bed time or after 5 hours of sleep..

[wake back to bed].

This dropper method works great for vaped spice or nightly dreaming!

This may not be a ..super news.. but ive found that rue seed doesnt even need to be made into a tea at all to work...

As a test i counted out ..8 rue seeds...and at bed time i chewed and let my saliva soften up the very bitter seeds..

Then i would push the sofened seed under my toung as an attempt at sublingual absorbtion...

With only 8 seeds.. after about 10 minutes i was feeling something!.. from keeping it under my toung for only 3 or 4 minutes!

So after only 4 minutes ...i spit it out and rinsed out my mouth and went to sleep..

I didnt even need to take any melatonin to get to sleep..the rue made me fall right asleep!....

After 5 hours of good sleep..

I woke at 2:am [WBTB] from a long easily recalled..vivid [[dream]].. where i was a kid again..playing with toys in a huge gymnasium filled with others my age...

The ..toy cars.. trucks.. and... toy airplanes filled the whole gymnasium floor ..

There was even a tunnel under the bleachers that led into a cave room filled with antique toys...

[[After waking and recalling that first dream]]....

I had 15 small rue seeds next to my bed in a shot glass..that i chewed as it softened up in my mouth ..again i tucked the 15 seeds under my toung for only 4 minutes then spit it out and rinsed my mouth out with water..

Returned to bed by 2:15 AM used some light stimulation with a flashlight for 15 seconds ..and returned to sleep...by counting 1 to 100. then back to 1...over and over...

Within 90 minutes i woke from a shorter but even more vivid dream where i became lucid in the dream...

In the second dream...i remember being at a gas station [bright daylight scene]..and floating weightlessly towards the road..

As i floated.. i quickly became aware that i was dreaming...and i started to rise up in the air just like a kids hellium ballon...

I remember looking down at the road at Dream carectors below me [stareing up at me].. as i kept rising towards the clouds!

I could feel the bright sun and the wind as i floated higher..

Everything i felt and observed [while in the air]..seemed soo real!

After a bit i reached some clouds and must have been atleast 1000 feet up i thought!

As i rose in the air..there was no fear at all...it was all pure joy!

Suddenly... i felt my self moving faster as i was being pushed by wind curants in a direction i couldent control!

Yes...mother nature.. was giving me a free ride around the world i thought contentedly..Thumbs up

As the winds pulled me along.. i floated freely where ever the wind currants wanted to go..

I remember looking down and seeing... mountain ranges...oceans...citys... vast forests..deserts...Jungels..rageing seas..ect..

I was given a free ride around the 4 corners of the earth and i couldent get enough i loved the experiance!

I tryed not to move and disturb this awesome dream...but eventually the the dream scene turned dark..and i alowed myself to wake up and recall everything and put it on my recorder..

These caliber of a dream doesnt happen every night!

Im fairly shure the rue sublingually applied must have been responsible!

Heat may have a weakining effect on rue?...but this way no heat was applied to the raw seed....

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 12/13/2020 10:32:06 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks, starway, for this fabulous account.

Being an aficionado of dreaming myself, your method sounds both promising and economical. Only today was I reflecting how my rue supply is limited and considering some way of making the most of it.

Thus, your post
Quote:
With only 8 seeds.. after about 10 minutes i was feeling something!.. from keeping it under my toung for only 3 or 4 minutes!
really hits the mark.

Congrats on promotion and welcome back again!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

starway7
#3 Posted : 12/14/2020 12:16:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks ..downwardsfromzero...Yes rue seems to be a great dreaming supliment!

I started getting very good results when i was using about half of a small one oz dropper sublingually...

But now i just rinse the seed first in a tea strainer.. then put whole seed under tung slowly chewing and softening the seed...and 8 seeds or 15 seeds... it gets very bitter ..and it works sublingually quite well..

But latley i tryed just sofening of the seed by chewing on them them holding under tung ...for only 4 minutes..[[at bedtime or 5 hours later at WBTB]...i believe rues alcaloids enter very fast sublingually and for dreaming i dont need much...

I even suspect that rue is more potent.. in raw seed form... verses making a tea from it...

I think sublingual rue will work well with vaped spice and posibly oral... although i havent had the nerve yet to try oral dmt...

A previous dream weeks back i had from sublingual rue ..but using dropper method ..i was standing outside the door of a giant church...surounded by angels ..a very elegent dream...

Only this time using .. [raw seed]..and [light stimulation]..
which is flashing a flashlight off and on in front of my closed eyes] and repeating intent..resulting in this mornings lucid dream experiance! it was great!

Give raw seed sublingually and bucaly...at try it works great for dreaming...

starway7
#4 Posted : 12/14/2020 12:30:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

want to also say that your chances of an awesome dream are increased a lot if you use rue seed sublingually... after 4 or 5 hours of good sleep..at [Wake back to bed] because this is the second half of an 8 hour sleep ...durring ...[[REM sleep]] when dreaming occures the most!

good luck ...try it let us know what happens!

forwardtoinfinity
#5 Posted : 12/15/2020 12:57:43 AM

Novice HyperPilot

This weekend I started experimenting with eating rue before sleep. My first time trying, I coincidentally did the wake then back to bed method after ~3 hrs sleep, and had an amazing lucid dream eerily similar to yours! My first time eating rue before sleep, and my first time lucid dreaming.

As I began to fall asleep, I could feel the rue being processed in my stomach. I remember my dream began with me in my house, but I felt really off-kilter/intoxicated, and I began falling backwards, almost going down some stairs, but catching myself on the door frame. This scared me as I remembered I took rue and was worried I'd hurt myself, but this somehow allowed me to half-wake and assure myself I was just dreaming.

After this, I don't remember too much specifics, but I do remember I also had an immense time flying! I remember that the flying had a sort of ramp-up phase, and then very slowly wore down, until I was just normally dreaming again. Your description I believe is very close to the dream I had, but I can't recall exactly, just that I had an amazing time flying.

I simply swallowed with water a size 2 capsule filled with rue seeds, maybe .1g, not sure exactly. I'll have to try sublingually as you described as well. I also want to try extracted harmalas from rue.

The next night I tried again, but this time I ate it before sleeping for the first time, and didn't experience anything different from normal sleep. Disappointed me, but thank you very much for your experience and knowledge! Really love how similar our results were.

starway7
#6 Posted : 12/15/2020 1:33:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi ..forwardtoinfinity...glad to hear you had luck dreaming with RUE!! Thumbs up

I did it recently sublingually with raw seed...[just by chewing up the seed]... but i usually would brew some Rue tea ... then boil or reduce the water till its small enough volume to fit in one ounce dropper bottel making it more concintrated.....

Then i apply atleast one half or more dropper under my tounge ..either at bed time... or at ...
[[Wake Back To Bed]]]...

The sublingual dropper method always worked!! i could feel the rues effects within 10 to 20 minutes...

the longer you hold it under your toung just bucally..the more effective it can be...

Ive only held the tincture up to 5 minutes only...

Also i find that rue makes me sleep pretty well..im always very relaxed latter in morning...

It will work either way sublingually..[[[raw seed..or tea tincture]]...But i think...its best to get your deep sleep first 4 or 5 hours first then at WBTB apply the drops sublingually...

Just remember it takes less rue sublingually...than it does oraly!

So sublingual dosage would be only a fraction of one gram of boiled seed...because it would be boiled out of the seed and made into a tea... and wont need to pass through the digestive tract....

I also found that sublingual or oral rue can give one a ..[nice mind state]... in a dark room with music playing!

Just stick to the ...[one to three and a half gram max on the seeds] to be safe dont eat too close to rue consumption...

keep dreaming!Thumbs up

ijahdan
#7 Posted : 12/15/2020 5:46:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Woke up at 3am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so I had a quick look at the nexus and read your post. I often take half a teaspoon of seeds before bed, about 3 nights in a row during the week, just swallowing them, sometimes with melatonin, and get lots of dreams. So, this time I did your method, chewed and held like a quid for 20 mins. Worked really well, although I was only half asleep the rest of the night, dreaming. Thinking of trying this again some time before sublingual dmt using the coco tek. Thanks for your inspiration.

starway7
#8 Posted : 12/16/2020 12:43:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi ..[ijahdan..

Taking Rue for dreaming is effective.. you probibly wont get a ..[lucid dream].. every night ..but you will get lots of dreams!.. and i find that the dreams i have with rue can be very fantastic in content!

I mean i get lots of dreams similar to dreams ive experianced from ..valerian root ..a very old tested and true herb going back to the middle ages or farther..

I mean for example..extended release...valerian root has put me into dreams that were so vivid im surprised i didnt get lucid in most of them!... but valerian will sedate you to an extent..

once in a valerian dream...[ i was driving a car on an incline so steep with a dream carector next to me..i think we were heading for the clouds!

It was a convertable and i remember holding on to the steering wheel so i wouldent fall out of the car!Thumbs up

Becomming lucid in a dream requires a shallower state of sleep.. and if you get a good 4 or 5 hours of early sleep...then in last half of the night thats when dreaming increases..so sometimes shallower sleep during REM sleep can be a blessing in disquise!

Rue is very good for dreams...but there is also a supliment called ..[Galantamine]] or ....
[Huperzene A]...

Lucid r not i except all dreams....even the ocasional nightmare!

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 12/16/2020 4:53:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Tried this with 36 (69.5% ethanol washed) seeds last night and it was way too stimulating. Probably I should reduce my caffeine intake - something which I already knew! There was quickly a plant spirit presence for want of a better description but sadly there was no gradual drifting off into soaring vistas or anything like that.

Then when I'd finally got off to sleep, the first dreaming phase was pretty annoying. I'd somehow transformed into a pile of books and couldn't move, so I forced myself to wake up! This was due to sleep paralysis from falling asleep on my back.

It's hard to contrast the quality of my other dream phases, partly because I've been doing a bit of work with harmala extracts lately and may have licked my fingers a bit. Some of the dream landscapes were places I've previously visited and this is nothing unusual for me. Another dream phase was heavily influenced by some of the activities I've been doing in the past couple of days, which tends to be a bit more unusual.

This morning I was, unsurprisingly, not particularly refreshed so after getting up to relieve my bladder I was fortunate enough to be able to go back to sleep for a couple more hours. The main dream was again annoying somehow, but there was a continuation of a theme of having to find my way through an urban landscape, although not the same one. This time I was trying to return a substandard takeaway item to the place where I'd bought it and had to fend off some teenagers who were flocking to the nightclub next door one more time before lockdown.

Anyhoow, that's enough nonsense. Will try again with a lower dose.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

starway7
#10 Posted : 12/16/2020 11:13:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes...if you do caffine often that doesnt help..also 36 seeds..sublingually... is pretty strong dose...

RUE has effected me at... 8..and 15 seed dosages... pretty well and even made me sleep better...

Reduce your dosage a little and reduce the cafine...should help...

Remember sublingual takes less to work...

Your get to the vast dream city next time...Thumbs up

Triglav
#11 Posted : 12/17/2020 10:58:59 AM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

This is a dream that happened at two different times when I was consuming tea made from syrian rue seeds before going to sleep. Dose was approx. 1g worth of seeds.

I found myself in a vivid dream, the dreams however had no special significance. Then suddenly I felt a strong force coming at me. In the next few moments I realized this is a onset of a vaped dmt freebase. In the next moment I found myself among colorful, fast moving, morphing dmt like visuals. Those then subsided and I woke up. This happened to me at two different occasions with rue.

I have very good experiences with using rue for dreaming. It certainly works for me. In general it makes my dreams much more vivid and colorful.

starway7
#12 Posted : 12/17/2020 2:25:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Triglav wrote:
This is a dream that happened at two different times when I was consuming tea made from syrian rue seeds before going to sleep. Dose was approx. 1g worth of seeds.

I found myself in a vivid dream, the dreams however had no special significance. Then suddenly I felt a strong force coming at me. In the next few moments I realized this is a onset of a vaped dmt freebase. In the next moment I found myself among colorful, fast moving, morphing dmt like visuals. Those then subsided and I woke up. This happened to me at two different occasions with rue.

I have very good experiences with using rue for dreaming. It certainly works for me. In general it makes my dreams much more vivid and colorful.

Yes!! it can happen this way also! You experianced a DMT trip in a dream...Nice!Thumbs up

Ive experianced LSD trip while on a towering skyscraper...In dream the 50 story building started swaying like a palm tree...visuals everything!

Rue is awesome for dreaming..just use at a safe dose...[its not candy]

Some people get better dream results talking rue at bed time... and others get better results taking Rue at the beginning of REM sleep..[4 or 5 hours after going to bed]..its how well you can sleep that can increase chances for dreaming..

Another good suppliment is .. [valerian root].. it makes you sleep deeper and when you dream they are more vivid and easier to recall...[[it does have a mild sedative effect also]]

Valerian root contains a psychoactive substance ..ive read!

even diferent foods can boost dreaming like eating a banana in middle of the night because of the sugar and potasium!

Trying to induce a dream ..is like leading a mule to water..you can lead him there ..but you cant make him drink!

Its best not to try too hard to dream ...[just know it will happen] it will always happen ...

I want to say that the kind of dreams that you had are harder to have every night but normal dreaming happens every night... [i even think humans dream durring the day time ..only they dont know it]

I think the DMT experiance is like dreaming while awake...

The tebetans see life itself as a continuing dream!

I want to say that the fantastic floating dream i reported above was had by using two effects..

At bedtime i took only 8 tiny rue seeds sublingually for about 5 minutes at bed time
[not really expecting much from it] my plan was to use 15 seeds sublingually at.....
WBTB ...wake back to bed...after 4 or 5 hours sleep...

So at WBTB i used 15 rue seeds sublingually for only 5 minutes...But there was a second link to the dream sucess i think..

The second thing i did was to use ...light stimulation..meaning i had a bright 12 led flashlight in which i flashed it in front of my closed eyes ..three times ...5 seconds each time..with 5 seconds turned off in between flashes...

When flashing the light through closed eyes .. you will see a bright blurr of light that will travel through the light sensitive cones in your eyes .. to parts of your brain ..and in doing so you are tweeking or turning up ..your ..[natural brain wake up chemicles] a couple notches..

[kinda like an artificial sunrise in the morning]

By turning up your natural wake brain chemistry ..just a little...you are boosting awareness a little bit in expectation for your next dream...this chemical adjustment can inprove your awareness durring the dream and make your recall of the dream much sharper..

What most orionauts will take the easy way for this and take [Galantamine] or [Huperzene A] for this task..[[but these supliments can also cause insomnia if dose is too high]

So Rue has a mysterious way of inducing dreaming...and adding light stimulation can boost its effects ..[atleast for me]

starway7
#13 Posted : 12/17/2020 2:37:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh also....on light stimulation....

If you dont think it will do much /...just try it some night in middle of night...repeate your dream intent....then return to sleep...not taking any supliments at all ...

What dreams you have after the ....light treatment... should be easier to recall and more vivid...

try light by itself some night!

forwardtoinfinity
#14 Posted : 12/31/2020 5:27:04 PM

Novice HyperPilot

I've tried sublingual rue doing wake and back to bed almost half the nights of sleep for the past few weeks. About 15 seeds chewed and held under tongue as best I can for 5-8 minutes, then swallowing and rinse/swallow with water.

I have trouble distinguishing any real effects/feelings before sleep, but I feel that the dreams that come after are a bit more vivid than usual. Have not experienced any more lucid dreams or nightmares or anything too out of the ordinary, just normal odd stories I live in the dream, that seem completely real and are a bit more easily recalled on waking.

In the chat this video (Dream Yoga: Lucid dreaming from the Bön Buddhist tradition of Tibet) was recommended by someone. I apologize, I cannot remember by whom, but I think the name was a simple English word. I enjoyed watching this kinda long video. I feel it was helpful and insightful, even though I have yet to really put into practice what was shared.

Light stimulation sounds quite interesting, I'll have to try it out. Just gotta find my flashlight Laughing

starway7
#15 Posted : 1/1/2021 5:03:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

forwardtoinfinity wrote:
I've tried sublingual rue doing wake and back to bed almost half the nights of sleep for the past few weeks. About 15 seeds chewed and held under tongue as best I can for 5-8 minutes, then swallowing and rinse/swallow with water.

I have trouble distinguishing any real effects/feelings before sleep, but I feel that the dreams that come after are a bit more vivid than usual. Have not experienced any more lucid dreams or nightmares or anything too out of the ordinary, just normal odd stories I live in the dream, that seem completely real and are a bit more easily recalled on waking.

[try the ..[more potent version]... of valerian root]..[standardized valerian extract]

dreams effected by this root can ....[shatter your sense of time and reality]] ... atleast durring the dream ..and offten the first few mintues after you wake from the dream!
[after waking]..it can take a couple minutes for you to realize it was only a dream...

[[[[ Most people are strongly effected by vivid dreams... from this root..it contains a natural phycoactive in it .. ]]]]

use of this root is as old as time itself.
[old saying goes].. ..[valerian is rooted in the earth].. [and rooted in the sky]

In the chat this video (Dream Yoga: Lucid dreaming from the Bön Buddhist tradition of Tibet) was recommended by someone. I apologize, I cannot remember by whom, but I think the name was a simple English word. I enjoyed watching this kinda long video. I feel it was helpful and insightful, even though I have yet to really put into practice what was shared.

Light stimulation sounds quite interesting, I'll have to try it out. Just gotta find my flashlight Laughing

[[light stimulation works for increasing recall of your dream...making the dream seam MUCH ..more vivid!

[to apply light stimulation]......wake after 4 or 5 hours sleep.. get out of bed on your feet ..or atleast sit up...

after 4 or 5 hours of solid sleep..[at wake back to bed]....using a bright multi LED [white light ] flashlight .. close eyes...turn constant light on for 5 seconds in front of closed eyes...[while repeating your dream intent]

then the next 5 seconds repeat intent with light off..

continue this light on and light off method atleast ..[4 times on and off]

now you are ready to return to sleep ...and often your next dream should be more vivid and easier to recall...[[because you just adjusted your natural wake up chemicles a few notches]]

if it seems you cant get back to sleep after this light treatment...dont worry... just relax. [star counting to 100..and then in reverse.. ....and you will eventually fall into some level of REM sleep before ...and next time you wak should be from a dream....

It the light dont work for you the the valrian should...combining the two is even stronger in effect for me...

Triglav
#16 Posted : 1/6/2021 9:22:23 AM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

Quote:
It the light dont work for you the the valrian should...combining the two is even stronger in effect for me...

Starway7 are you talking about combining valerian and syrian rue ? If yes, could you please elaborate on your experiences ? Thanks.

starway7
#17 Posted : 1/10/2021 7:50:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Triglav wrote:
Quote:

Starway7 are you talking about combining valerian and syrian rue ? If yes, could you please elaborate on your experiences ? Thanks.

Sorry im late on answering....

NO!...i have not mixeed the two ...yet...

For dreaming Valerian is potent enough....

I dont know if mixing the two makes any sense ...because valerian extract..is sedating enough by itself...

And taking rue with it is unexplored territory and might not even be safe?

I wouldnt try mixing the two without researching if the two were safe together!

starway7
#18 Posted : 1/10/2021 8:17:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you take valerian for dreaming...and solid sleep...use only the more pure standardized extracts...

But because of the sedation effect you may not get lucid in the dream...but the dream can be so vivid that when you wake up...it can feel like you just experianced a lucid dream....

Sometimes a dream can be so vivid that some are able to realize [wile dreaming] that they are dreaming and exert a degree of control in the dream like ...flying... walking through walls...pushing through glass and feel it stretch like rubber...walking or running into dream mirrors to instantly find yourself in a compleatly dream scene...

[[[Valerian by itself]]...isnt the best for ..[lucid dreaming]... but it can give dreams that are just as rewarding as lucid dreams..

I think that its reasonably safe to take standardized valerian extract with a little Galantamine or huperzene A...[after 4 or 5 hours of good sleep...to increase your chances of becomming lucid in the dream....

Ive mixed the two together before and it did sharpen up my dream recall even more than just valerian by itself... [and did get lucid a couple times]

Valerian is time tested and safe....

drn
#19 Posted : 2/13/2021 2:00:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I tried it before going to sleep, as I seldom wake up at night, nothing special happened. But compared to the average night it was more on the full-of-dreams-night side. I have to see if it is casual related. I felt a bit of an hangover, is this something you experienced too?

starway7
#20 Posted : 2/15/2021 12:32:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont know how much...or in what way you took yours...

But i only put enough under my toung [half of a dropper]..[of reduced concintrated rue tea]... held it for 4 or 5 minutes .. [sublingualy].. then spit it out rinsed my mouth and returned to sleep..

It doesnt take much..[sublingual] rue to have an effect ....

I guess one should take enough to feel the effects some for best results...

I felt no hang over at all...

12NEXT