We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mirage Options

Espiridion
#1 Posted : 1/3/2010 4:22:43 PM

--who.??..ME??--

The old myth(?) about mirages in the desert makes me wonder. Sometimes the only water in the desert is in cacti.

Could it be possible that mirages were caused by desert travellers consuming water from mescaline containing cacti?

Just a thought...

Namaste,

E
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 1/3/2010 4:39:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

also from lack of water...and heat...ive been deathly thirsty before..and your perception tools start lying to you
it's a sound

Espiridion
#3 Posted : 1/3/2010 5:18:14 PM

--who.??..ME??--

No doubt. That is of course worth mentioning. Just like the 'vision quest' that members of certain native american tribes take where they don't sleep nor eat in order to induce a transcendental state.

E
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 1/3/2010 5:57:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

buuut...most likely...i FEW did eat cacti...and started feeling realllly good
it's a sound

Attention All Shipping
#5 Posted : 1/18/2010 8:54:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Mirage's aren't a myth they're an optical illusion. They occur when intense heat in the desert causes light waves to bend, or shimmer, which can result in an effect whereby the sky is reflected in the waves of heat shimmers. People often mistake the reflection of the blue sky for bodies of water.

jamie
#6 Posted : 1/18/2010 9:44:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have seen tons of mirages on hot summer days...look down the highways and you start to see that watery look..
Long live the unwoke.

nodice
#7 Posted : 1/19/2010 12:29:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes thats right it is also responsible for the mountains of Utah to appear to be floating. The heat sort of erases the bottom of the mountain leaving what appears to be sky at the base.
have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?