We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT in wash remains?? Options

jibbs
#1 Posted : 12/7/2020 6:50:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I recently finished an extraction which left me with some clean looking naptha that was very clear, but with a slight yellow tint. I then went on to the "wash" step (from Vovin's Tek) and then freezed the naptha. It is in the freezer now and I can already see some nice crystals forming. However, I still have the left over water(with lye) that was used for the wash and it also seems to have a slight yellowish tint to it. I'm not sure if that means there is DMT in it or other impurities. Can DMT even be in it at this point? The thing is, when I blow on it I can see it get cloudy, just like naptha does when it is saturated with DMT. It also has a naptha smell to it, though that could be because the container was dirty before. I don't see any separation so I don't suspect any naptha is actually in there.

Could there actually be DMT in this and if so, what do I do to get it out? I can't freeze it since it's water, and if I just evap it, won't I just be left with all the impurities that I was trying to wash away in the first place. Plus it has a good amount of lye in the water, so wouldn't that remain too?

thanks

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Loveall
#2 Posted : 12/9/2020 5:00:14 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Hello, yes there is probably DMT in the water wash. That wash is not recomended in the newer teks. Also, I thought in Vonin's tek the was was done with Sodium Carbonate followed by plain water (no NaOH)?

A tiny bit of naptha can dissolve in water (<10mL per L) and not separate.

After you are done with freeze precipitation you can use that same naptha to pull from the basic water wash. I would use a warm water bath (no open flame) to help the naphtha pull. The DMT from the water wash may be a little orange and even oily after sitting for a while in a basic solution, but it is likely perfectly OK and can still be very pure (it just has a different appearance).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚