We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
Psilocybin extraction Options

Virola78
#41 Posted : 12/16/2009 5:02:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

me2!
“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

richierich_931
#42 Posted : 1/17/2010 3:40:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiced wrote:

Hey Richierich, can you actually smoke that extract?

You know I'm not sure. I have some fungus preparing right now, and will post back the results.
Why can't the supernatural just be, natural? After all, supernatural is just a term for aspects of nature that we do not understand...

Listen to your heart, it's telling you you're homesick for a place you've never been

benzyme
#43 Posted : 1/17/2010 4:55:08 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

curious to hear..
never had enough to spare for a good extraction
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

richierich_931
#44 Posted : 1/17/2010 10:23:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Golden colored ethanol and a white 'goo' separated after 12 hour freeze...

Anyone know if the ethanol is active? Tastes like mushrooms...
Why can't the supernatural just be, natural? After all, supernatural is just a term for aspects of nature that we do not understand...

Listen to your heart, it's telling you you're homesick for a place you've never been

Observant
#45 Posted : 1/17/2010 10:52:52 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

As long as it isnt blue i think it still has actives .
Blue means inactive.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

richierich_931
#46 Posted : 1/18/2010 3:03:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The whiteish 'goo' turns the consistency and color of dried bananas or boogers when dried and was not active (enough) at .2g vaporized.

richierich_931
#47 Posted : 1/21/2010 6:44:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

After a few days in the cold some 'stuff' is binding together at the bottom. Just above the ethanol line there are tiny little crystals that have formed. I'm fairly sure they're active Very happy

SWIM thinks he might add some methanol somewhere along the line and see what happens

SnozzleBerry
#48 Posted : 1/21/2010 3:21:28 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

richierich_931 wrote:
The whiteish 'goo' turns the consistency and color of dried bananas or boogers when dried and was not active (enough) at .2g vaporized

Is vaporization the best method for this? Sorry, I dunno much about extracted psilocybin, but I always thought heat destroys psilocybin. In the Griffiths study I know the psilocybin was dosed orally. I'm not saying it won't have an effect, just questioning the efficiency/efficacy of going the vaped route.

I ran into some kids at a friends house who swore by smoking mushroom dust, said it was psychedelic as all hell...Then they tried some awesome Oregon boomers and I never heard them mention smoking mushrooms again. Personally, I've never tried it, if I'm going to trip, I like to jump all the way in, but that's just me.

peace
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

richierich_931
#49 Posted : 1/22/2010 1:24:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:

Is vaporization the best method for this?

I don't know, I'm just trying to find out if SWIM could do it !

As for heat I've heard both ways many times. I've known people to dry mushies on the thermal-radiator in their apartment and said they were still just as good, other people store them in the fridge to keep them potent...

My psilly enhanced bowl last night could have been placebo, but my pupils were dilated...

benzyme
#50 Posted : 1/22/2010 4:48:43 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

richierich_931 wrote:
The whiteish 'goo' turns the consistency and color of dried bananas or boogers when dried and was not active (enough) at .2g vaporized.

http://www.erowid.org/ch...in/psilocybin_dose.shtml

0.2mg may be a sub-threshold dose.
also keep in mind, a crude alcoholic extract may be ~40% pure at best
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

richierich_931
#51 Posted : 1/23/2010 5:50:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Amount shown vaporized had a similar disassociative feeling like ketamine, but for two hours. Only slight visual distortions with 'halos' or half circles moving different directions simultaneously just in peripheral vision. Not quite the desired effects but you have to start somewhere...

benzyme
#52 Posted : 1/23/2010 6:33:52 PM

analytical chemist

oh man this is getting intriguing..

what was the mass of the dry starting material?

this is such a worthy extraction, but it requires sacrificing several grams (like an O) to get any worthwhile yields; gotta go with bulk methods for something like this'

skinny cat kept an eighth in methanol in the freezer for about a month, he's gonna reflux in the soxhlet
to see what he gets

richierich_931
#53 Posted : 1/24/2010 12:01:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

About 8 grams or so

rOm
#54 Posted : 6/2/2010 8:06:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, this makes me wonder what happened then...
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

rOm
#55 Posted : 6/3/2010 7:40:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey mod, could you move this thread to the mushroom section ?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Infundibulum
#56 Posted : 6/3/2010 9:46:02 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

rOm wrote:
Hey mod, could you move this thread to the mushroom section ?

Dunno, the thread seems equally fitting for both sections.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

neverwas
#57 Posted : 8/30/2010 8:55:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anyone made any headway on this? im very interseted in giving this a shot of my own.
My name is love, for I am without fear

Tangarine_Dreams
#58 Posted : 8/30/2010 10:06:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

are we still under the idea that bae is what causes nausea? if so i will join this assay too. i have gotten violently ill then later nauseated to where i couldnt move every time ive eaten them.

also, if yr gunna use vape as yr testing method, should you not be freebasing first???

lorax
#59 Posted : 8/31/2010 3:11:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey folks..

swim has experimented with this for some time.. he used 96.6% ethanol. he used 1.5liters on 100g of psilocybe cyanescens. heres what he did:

.ground the fungal material to a fine powder with a coffee grinder
.put the powder into an empty, cleaned out pasta sauce jar with a screw on lid
.covered the powder with enough ethanol so you still have a thumbs width of air below the lid(makes shaking easier)
.put the jar in a warmwater bath on a hotplate for several hours (didnt count), shaking the hell outta it inbetween
.poured off the ethanol, saving it in another container and repeating the ethanol pulls until the 1.5 liters were used up
.he could see the ethanol taking on a yellow color the longer it sat in the jar with the fungal matter whilst heated
.after the last pull he put all the pulls into an evaporation container
.he evaporated on a hotplate until the solution was becoming very cloudy
.at this point he put the container into a cold water bath with ice cubes in the water
.very soon after (adding more ice cubes to keep it cool) he could see crystals forming at the bottom of the container
.he siphoned off the ethanol to retrieve the white/yellowish crystals at the bottom of the container.
.as he dried the crystals they melted and turned into a yellow solid piece (could be candy -its gooey and a little oily but stable)almost like taffy
.the rest of the solvent was kept as a tincture

this solid stuff can be smoked and is very active. it can also be eaten. one can feel its magic as soon as it touches the tongue. it takes about 40minutes to come on so it seems more like psilocybin than psilocin..

one can use this on species which produce a bodyload.. psilocybe cyanescens often create an annoying bodyload when eaten as they are.. its worth going through the trouble but if you have a strain which doesnt produce the load you'd be better off just eating them

check out toadman's mushroom/lemon ice cubes recipe somewhere on this forum. much easier, cheaper and also gets rid of the bodyload which some species produce.

why are all you folks so into smoking the stuff.. it lasts much longer when eaten.. why bother the lungs? just eat. nature has given them to us for oral enjoyment.. why not enjoy them the way in which nature intended us to?

even with dmt.. its much nicer when consumed in form of ayahuasca than smoking/vaporizing it..
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

endlessness
#60 Posted : 8/31/2010 3:22:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lorax, psilocybin is only very poorly soluble in ethanol, so its possible that even warming it up, the product you are getting is mostly psilocin and that a significant part of the psilocybin is being left behind. Maybe doing a water or methanol pull after the ethanol pulls will get more actives out of the material

PREV12345NEXT»