We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi Options

Yowassuphomie
#1 Posted : 11/30/2020 4:18:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all,

I'm a cultural scholar/musician/gardener, and sometimes I work in a cubicle in exchange for currency - longtime lurker but recently decided to make an account as I'm looking to start my garden for next year with all sorts of goodies to help with extended quarantine. Originally I got a small grow tent and started working on cannabis plants so I can extract myself from the black market, but given how quarantine has become a living purgatory I decided to broaden my scope beyond weed and veggies. Because of that, I thought it would be good so I can sign up and ask questions if need be and contribute as I can. A few seeds I got that I'm particularly excited about:
-Bundleflower
-Morning Glory
-A. Floribunda
-Delosperma Cooperi
-T. Peruvianus

I know a lot of those are more long-term projects, but I have plenty to learn until then and I'm excited for the journey. I know there was some loose ends re: extracting alkaloids from D. cooperi, for example, and I'd like to hope that I can help with that in some way - although admittedly I'm not a trained chemist by any means.

As a side note, I really like how the rules of the nexus keeps seedier aspects of the internet out. I grew up in the punk scene and saw firsthand how skinheads would recruit impressionable young kids, and how it translated over the internet - shocked was I to see that the same thing was happening on certain other forums and subreddits in the psychedelic community. Anyway I don't want to go off on a whole tangent about extremist recruitment strategies I just think it's cool that you guys have meaningful checks in place to stop it here.

Feel free to reach out and chat! Send me a PM if:
-You like dance music and want to trade mixtapes
-You want to share gardening tips
-Je peux pratiquer mon francais avec vous. Je l'apprends mais je n'ai rien des amis francophones
-You have pictures of French Bulldogs

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Allegro Vivo
#2 Posted : 12/3/2020 8:55:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bienvenue, Yowassuphomie. Mon francais est tres mauvais...

So I'll stick with English. This is a wonderful community and I've learned a great deal in a short time here. I'm sure you'll find it helpful.

Seeingisbelieving
#3 Posted : 12/3/2020 9:05:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I love gardening! Sounds like you've got quite the troupe! Looking foreword to seeing more

TGO
#4 Posted : 12/3/2020 10:09:54 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hey, welcome to the Nexus. It is nice to meet you.

Lots of gardeners around here, that's for sure! I dabble with cacti, mushrooms, and I used to grow some veggies (like green peppers and jalapenos, although I haven't in a while). I'd also like to get into growing cannabis, now that my state has a medical cannabis program. But all the pieces haven't fallen into place for that quite yet, so I'll have to be patient a little while longer.

I have always found it fun and rewarding to watch things grow, from seed or spore, to fully mature plants. It is fascinating!

See you around the forum,

TGO
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

forwardtoinfinity
#5 Posted : 12/4/2020 12:04:53 AM

Novice HyperPilot

Sounds like you've got a great garden going Smile Looking forward to seeing some of the fruits of your labor, be them pictures or reports. Be aware until you're promoted you'll not be able to send PMs, I think just read them, but on this I'm not sure.

I'm interested in your favorite dance music, what would be the track you've gotten lost in the most?

Glad to have you Thumbs up

Yowassuphomie
#6 Posted : 12/4/2020 1:42:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the welcome, all!

Allegro Vivo wrote:
Bienvenue, Yowassuphomie. Mon francais est tres mauvais...

So I'll stick with English. This is a wonderful community and I've learned a great deal in a short time here. I'm sure you'll find it helpful.

Moi aussi, honnetement, mais ma femme et moi voulons s'expatrier de les Etas Unis quelque jour.

I can read/write it pretty well but trying to listen and speak with my American ear and mouth is pretty difficult. If you have access to Netflix, Family Business has been a great French-language show that we've been enjoying.

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
I love gardening! Sounds like you've got quite the troupe! Looking foreword to seeing more

I may have went a little overboard, bought maybe 35 seed packs from a certain vendor in Mississippi that doesn't specialize in ethnos but seems to be friendly at least to receiving our business. I'm sprouting some already since my area's frost calendar is very short, seeing some good stuff on the n. rustica, bundleflower, and toothache plants!

TGO wrote:
Hey, welcome to the Nexus. It is nice to meet you.

Lots of gardeners around here, that's for sure! I dabble with cacti, mushrooms, and I used to grow some veggies (like green peppers and jalapenos, although I haven't in a while). I'd also like to get into growing cannabis, now that my state has a medical cannabis program. But all the pieces haven't fallen into place for that quite yet, so I'll have to be patient a little while longer.

I have always found it fun and rewarding to watch things grow, from seed or spore, to fully mature plants. It is fascinating!

See you around the forum,

TGO

I seriously regret not growing weed sooner. I don't live in a legal state, and just purchased my first home in the past few years - all my rentals had mold issues and I smoke way too much to do one of those bonsai stealth plants in a computer tower. But looking at those crystals on the nugs and that STANK when I open the tent, I know exactly what the strains are, exactly what went in them - hell, I can even wash the buds off before they dry to get them nice and smooth. I have a tent full of autos and one random bagseed that I think is a boy but it's a photoperiod so don't have to worry about pollination - I just kind of torture that one, practice topping and different training techniques, prune leaves to put in my scrambled eggs some mornings...

But yeah I was so worried about "what if I get caught??" - not really considering that I was going out to buy an oz, which is a felony in my state, at least once a month and driving across town to do it. What's riskier, really?

forwardtoinfinity wrote:
Sounds like you've got a great garden going Smile Looking forward to seeing some of the fruits of your labor, be them pictures or reports. Be aware until you're promoted you'll not be able to send PMs, I think just read them, but on this I'm not sure.

I'm interested in your favorite dance music, what would be the track you've gotten lost in the most?

Glad to have you Thumbs up

That's such a hard one for me to answer! Lol, I have a wall of records sitting behind me. I have a huge soft spot for 1970s funk and jazz, I guess cause I was a 90s baby and absorbed all those sounds through hip hop, now I'm into just about anything that carries that vibe, whether it's original mixes or re-edits, hyperactive footwork/jungle/dnb, soulful house, pounding techno with thick jazzy chord patterns, UKG...

Probably my favorite album is the Tom Tom Club self-titled. That one-two punch of "Wordy Rappinghood" going into "Genius of Love" is just amazing, and I love the childlike naivety of the music vs. the the very tongue-in-cheek nature of the lyrics.

This is probably my favorite track released recently though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFykXpfNED4

This is a new-er sound I've been seeing coming out of France that's been keeping my attention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWwRimC3jS0

And I'd say this is the track that made me lose my shit the most in a crowded club when I heard it drop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIbd9i9uR1g

But if we're talking about the tracks I consistently come back to when I need to dance in my living room and cry tears, it's usually one of these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp0OMbhEYYk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuMaIqFbsvY

Maybe I shoulda just made up a whole playlist, huh? Hope you enjoy some of that!