We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Freebase NN DMT + Cocaine (If "C" is still in system, not to abuse DMT trip) Options

thetranceengineer
#1 Posted : 11/28/2020 8:09:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening everyone!

Just a quick question about taking DMT whilst under the influence of cocaine. Are there any dangers with mixing the two of them? Physical danger-wise? I am aware that other substances have the potential to alter the DMT experience/trip mentally.

I'm aware of certain substances (anti-depressants, opiate etcs) that if mixed with DMT can result in serious negative consequences but never heard much about being mixed with cocaine.

Personally I'm aware of the power of DMT so would never purposely use it with any other altering substance besides possibly weed every while depending on circumstances. But I mean, more so if cocaine is still in the system for the next few days.

Thanks.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

thetranceengineer
#2 Posted : 11/28/2020 8:19:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Google tends to point me towards "talk to frank" and to be honest, is all textbook rubbish I already know. Alcohol is bad, smoking kills, weed leads to permanent psychosis etc Laughing

And I've no intention of filling myself with coke and blasting some DMT, this is solely a question for my own education. So yeah just hoping for some advice or insight from like minded people Thumbs up

TheDayTripper
#3 Posted : 11/29/2020 3:33:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

thetranceengineer
#4 Posted : 11/29/2020 4:26:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spot on. Cheers! Smile

rOm
#5 Posted : 11/30/2020 9:21:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldn't see this as a general good combo. At best it could dull the DMT experience, at worst it could create a negative experience with lots of anxiety or paranoid crisis...
I would not recommend this. It isn't however particularly unsafe on the physical level, like harmalas at inhibition dose would be with this stimulant..
If you want something more interesting, try rather mixing your DMT with other tryptamines, such as psilocybin mushrooms or LSD.
LSDMT as we call it is really an interesting combo if you're into lysergic acid already.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Jees
#6 Posted : 11/30/2020 10:31:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Little off topic because it's not about FB deems: I've noticed the use of powdered coca leaves by Colombian shamanic practices during brew aya session. But this is not purified, just leaves as they chew on during the day. I suppose the facilitators used it to remain vigilant in their task to take care of the group.

rOm
#7 Posted : 11/30/2020 10:52:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes Jees, coca or mambe is not contradicated or not much. but its not like taking FB DMT and street cocaine.. You could chew a bit mambe while on aya. But I do'nt sugges the OP to take freebase DMT with freebase cocaine cause some shamans once did chew coca to stay vigilant while on aya ceremonie...

King Tryptamine
#8 Posted : 11/30/2020 12:22:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've taken coca and harmalas with no side effects whatsoever. However on ayahuasca I decided of making the mistake of combing a coca quid (~2g) to see if it'd help guide the trip. Around 10 minutes into the quid I felt like my head was gonna pop, my heart was racing out of control and went into arrhythmia, I began to overheat and sweat profusely, my arms and legs went cold and my muscles seized up. I spat it out instantly and luckely there was some water nearby to wash out the coca residue other wise I can without a doubt say that this combination would have ended me.

If you wanna risk undergoing a hypertensive crises, myocardial infarction, cerebral hemorrhage or seizure then please be my guest and try out the dmt and coca-ine combination. A lot of people like to say coca is nothing like cocaine even though it contains a significant quantity ~ 10-20mg per 2g quid and that the so called other alkaloids contribute to most of the effect. I find this statement to be pretentious and scientifically illiterate as this would be like saying caffeine isn't the the predominant alkaloid in coffee and other alkaloids contribute to the majority of the effect, same goes for THC and cannabis. I'm still waiting to see the studies that point out how much of these other tropane alkaloids contribute to coca's effect.

Just because South American shamans take certain plants and plant mixtures doesn't make them safe or harmless, this is one of the primary reasons why some people die of ayahuasca experiences because they often involve other drugs in addition to dmt and harmalas. The possible events listed could happen on coca-ine on it's own and it is well documented, adding another adrenergic pressor drug such as dmt would only increase the risk of those events actually occurring.

Jees
#9 Posted : 11/30/2020 1:57:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you KT for putting my post in a sound perspective, 'I witnessed use' cannot be considered advise, certainly since dose can vary and brews have variable admixtures. My remark could be misleading and was better not posted on that behalf.
Thumbs up

King Tryptamine
#10 Posted : 11/30/2020 4:20:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

No problem Jees, I wanna apologize if I came of as a blowhard when writing all that earlier. I just don't want anyone to make the same mistakes as me with this potentially deadly combination. The side effects and trauma I experienced during this drug combination is something I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. Coca is a plant that people often like to separate from cocaine and treat it like it's something entirely different when in reality if you were to decocainized the leaves you would be left with inactive material analogous to something like decaffinated coffee. I'm not so bold as to say that the other phytochemical constituents don't play any role in the effects, but the effects they produce are negligible in comparison to the major psychoactive chemical(s), in this case cocaine.

My best advice regarding the use of DMT and cocaine for anyone even slightly concerned for their health, would be to use them separately be it isolated or in plant form, long after the other has worn off and your blood pressure and heart rate drops back to normal. Never use any of them chronically as this can lead to serious cardiovascular health problems, particularly with strong stimulants such as cocaine, which as I mentioned earlier is present in quite significant quantities even in coca leaf. I know I have a personal bias with all this but even still, would this make what I'm saying wrong?

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 11/30/2020 6:37:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

KT, your post contains very useful information. No apology necessary there.

It is particularly interesting that, even though you had previously combined coca with harmalas, adding DMT into the mix precipitated a hypertensive crisis. I'm very glad that you got through that difficult experience relatively unscathed. As a survivor of accidental self-poisoning, I would agree that it pays to avoid romanticizing plants as harmless.

Your comment deserves to be added to the wiki page.

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Jees
#12 Posted : 11/30/2020 6:42:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

KT no offence is taken, your testimony is super duper legit, exclamation in relation to the symptoms too.
Must have been a very rough ride, sorry to hear all that, glad you can warn others Love

rOm
#13 Posted : 11/30/2020 7:26:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Defo, people die also from nicotine and or tropanes brews every months. so I don't think coca is that safe either. and even, as we know, life is already pretty risky as is. I know people have died during their sport training without adding cocaine to it. So yeh, I still wonder why would someone be like, even remotely fascinated with the mix.I did some pretty dangerous mixes, and usually it was to trip further down... not like to trip less. cause cocaine will dull the psychedelic effects but make body loads higher.. I don'tlike bufotenin much for this already. makes me inteznse vasoconstriction.. the "feelike I die physically" almost..

Ramma
#14 Posted : 12/1/2020 3:42:10 AM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

that comedown though...
Behold, a sower went out to sow

rOm
#15 Posted : 12/1/2020 5:38:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It isn't really encouraged talk at all, thetranceengineer. most poeple don't join in to tal about addictive and destructive substance here. So I get that youmay ask from from a harm reductionstandpoint,but some people here dont like the vibe or actually are sober from previous period of sue and abuse... and like the way here to find a more clean andpositve environment. Thats doesn't really encourage harmful practices. Check the attitude ofthe forum and use the search engine as well. You aren'tthe first one who come up with such questions and we'd rather avoid having too many threads running about all possible "drug combination" like in bluelight or drug forum,who are more places who are openly focussing on all type of drug uses and behavior, while the identity of this forum is a different one, far less opportunist, andmore selective.

VibeSurfer
#16 Posted : 12/1/2020 9:19:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my opinion the most boring aspect of DMT is that it is already "mega cocaine". You're going to have your mind bent, blown, and overstimulated as is on DMT. If you want to play architect with your DMT trips, I would try out different kinds of changa, switching up your set and setting, etc.
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

thetranceengineer
#17 Posted : 12/4/2020 12:46:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"rOm" first things first, for the record no, I am not a cokehead. And yes I have many experiences of dmt and other psychedelics, yet still understand that I am no expert and have a lot to learn.

This was merely a question, clearly for harm reduction ...

As already said, not to twist my brain anymore or to try and interfere or change my trips, merely for harm reduction. The last thing I want to do is for something dangerously negative to happen, should something still be in my system, which isn't a regular thing for me personally, but I do live in the UK where if you are local will know that many substances aren't exactly rare to come across.

Because, lets face it, if you think of the world realistically, people from all walks of life, do dabble in different substances for whatever reason or situation we might find ourselves in..

And as you have so much insight in psychedelic substances, you should be aware of certain substances that should be a strict no no whilst taking dmt or even anytime near the point that you would take dmt.
i.e anti depressants. serotonin syndrome and whatever else. Hence why I asked this question, to try and make myself more aware of my own personal health.

DMT is 100% a personal thing for me, I have no friends that dabble in it, therefore have no one I can talk to or discuss anything related to it.

This question was asked just in case (as I couldn't find information anywhere else) there is any real risk of the human body reacting in a negative way. Even your first comment on this post was sensible to me as you stated "not unsafe on a physical level". That is the info I was looking for, not a last comment from you making an attempt to belittle me.

Questions like this are needed for harm reduction and may well save somebody's life, and pretty sure the nexus has done just that repeatedly.

Thanks everyone for your constructive input, I appreciate it and is very helpful to me.

I didn't post this to be told by you what words or subjects that I can and can't use, or to waste my time reading something from someone trying to give me a grilling because you don't like what I have said. Strange why nobody else had an issue and have replied to my post accordingly and I have learned from the other 99% on this specific forum, and received some very helpful information at that.

And if you had any attention to detail, you would realise that I have not just joined to ask this question, and have already been registered on this site for a while now. And I do regularly use it for information, advice and ideas. I just tend to not comment left, right and centre as I do not have the answers to the majority of things on here, as on the big scale of things, I've not used MAOI's etc yet and have a lot of wisdom still to gain regarding psychedelics.

I disagree with you making this out as a negative post, which I am completely entitled to do. If anything, I would deem it as positive. Replying with a fired up attitude to tell me off does nothing but put people off voicing their opinion or questions, especially people who are new to psych substances, or even just thinking or interested in trying something out.

You have came across very condescending to me on that last post, and from my perspective, is not needed! I'm not trying to come across as cheeky and the last thing I want is to start an argument, just voicing my opinion.

Where else can I learn the answer to my question that it won't be prohibited from fellow members? If I'm not allowed to on the "dmt-nexus" then I'm not sure where I can gain some wisdom on this particular subject.

And in hindsight I should have maybe been more clear that I wasn't meaning this post to be about purposely mixing the two substances, and rest assured is not something I would even think of doing, but more to find out that if one is still in the system for a few days after using, would there be consequences of using dmt if that was the case.

Jin
#18 Posted : 12/5/2020 6:23:12 PM

yes

rOm did'nt belittle you tranceengineer , I think you're misunderstanding what he said
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

thetranceengineer
#19 Posted : 12/5/2020 6:26:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Stating this isn't encouraged to talk about what a single person's perception of what a destructive substance surely is. What other way can I take it? I can only reiterate my question was based on real life harm reduction.

And as you can see i have a smaller amount of posts, no one can deny that the nexus could be compared to a maze, I would be digging through information for the rest of my life to find what I want.

I completely understand what he said and yes it does make sense. But I'm afraid that is not how the world works. Someone may be upset by a subject therefore the world must never talk about it. That does not make sense.

How am I supposed to know whether C being in the system could react seriously bad with dmt? And ill say again, not to take while taking dmt, but whether it was taken on the Friday night and dmt was taken on the Saturday night to simplify it.

thetranceengineer
#20 Posted : 12/5/2020 6:28:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll be sure not to post this harm reduction subject again just for you as it seems to be upsetting you! Thumbs up

Anyway this post is pointless now as my question has been answered and the conclusion is that coke and dmt are sound in the human body at the same time!

If there's away to turn my email notifications for this post off, believe me I would...

Or even better get it deleted as I am unaware if that is an option ...

12NEXT