We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Salvinorin A Extraction and Purification Options

Loveall
#61 Posted : 11/30/2020 5:02:16 AM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Mindlusion wrote:
...if it were me i might try recrystallizing in boiling IPA

I did this and it seemed to work without having to do the hexane, water, and IPA washes. However, my yield is 115mg from 85g of dry leaves (1.35 mg/g), which is half of gibran2's yield (not sure why).

I started with an off green residue after drying a 3x freezer cold acetone extract. This was re-X ed twice in boiling IPA (see small white xtals growing in the first picture) to get an off white powder (second picture).

I was expecting more like 250mg of yield 🤷‍♂️. Gonna dry the IPA re-x solution and see if there is something there. Also, it seems that light can degrade salvinorin in solution and I was not careful about that. Finally, my leaves were collected before a frost and the plants had been in cold weather for a few weeks (not sure if that matters).
Loveall attached the following image(s):
IMG_20201128_081032261.jpg (2,624kb) downloaded 282 time(s).
s0.jpg (10kb) downloaded 283 time(s).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Brennendes Wasser
#62 Posted : 12/1/2020 12:44:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Just to throw in, you can still benefit from Naphtha when just adding it while doing the re-x.

So if you are left with your chilled and evaporated Acetone pulls and you dissolve them in a minimal amount of IPA, then just add 2x the volume of Naphtha afterwards and place it in fridge, then after 5 min the grey voluminous clouds will have separated and settled even stronger, so you can speed up the process and also decant them much easier. With only that minimal amount of IPA it may be a little messy, but increasing the volume when its supposed to precipitate may make things much easier.

What is your idea for vaping?

Had no luck with hot plate setups and pure compound, but still there should be a more convenient and elegant way, than smoking this stuff dispersed on cigarette paper - thats what at least comes quite fast up while googling :/

rOm
#63 Posted : 12/1/2020 1:54:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:

Had no luck with hot plate setups and pure compound, but still there should be a more convenient and elegant way, than smoking this stuff dispersed on cigarette paper - thats what at least comes quite fast up while googling :/

when I first joined the forum, I didn't have extracted DMT yet, but you'll see inmy first 10 posts, I was vaping pure isolated salvinorin A crystal.
I used simply a torch and a "light bulb" like vaporizer ( not homemade, byut the kind of glass pipe they sell in smokeshop, I found it neat for it, I did have the salvinroin A in 96° ethanol suspension so waslike 1Mg per ml, I would take my dose andlet it evap in the glass pipe, so when evapped I'd have my dose in the glass that I would then hit underneath with the torch. a bit how we vape 5 meo DMT toad secretion in most cases too.
Hope that helps. You can check the pipe used in a Vice mag about bufo alvarius and Gerry as practitioner use a cool piece of glassware I forgot the name but its a bit more fancy thanjust the glass bulb. I liked mine but did mess around with other extract more resinous and applied too much heat til it broke.
Was cheap and efficient enough with torch for salvinorin A.
Any oil burner like pipe willdo thejob. I use the GVG for salvia extracts too. but also got a cool wax ePen I could try, I know it works well for DMT and would likely workwith salvinorin too.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

physics envy
#64 Posted : 12/1/2020 11:32:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Brennendes Wasser wrote:

Here's a local topic on just that subject Smile

Salvia Vaporization
Salvia quid enthusiast

Loveall
#65 Posted : 12/2/2020 12:05:24 AM

❤️‍🔥

I tried to see if Salvinorin would dissolve in PG, but I could not get it to work. I added some ethanol, and even | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | with some water. I could not make an e-juice that would dissolve the salvinorin and did not succeed.

I think rOm's approach is the way to go. Perhaps using an acetone solution and e-mesh to remove it before taking the hit. I think one drop (20ml) of acetone can carry 0.5 mg of salvinorin, hopefully such a small amount evaporated quickly does not affect o-rings and such

Loveall
#66 Posted : 12/31/2020 10:42:15 PM

❤️‍🔥

Brennendes Wasser wrote:
Just to throw in, you can still benefit from Naphtha when just adding it while doing the re-x.

So if you are left with your chilled and evaporated Acetone pulls and you dissolve them in a minimal amount of IPA, then just add 2x the volume of Naphtha afterwards and place it in fridge, then after 5 min the grey voluminous clouds will have separated and settled even stronger, so you can speed up the process and also decant them much easier. With only that minimal amount of IPA it may be a little messy, but increasing the volume when its supposed to precipitate may make things much easier.

Thanks Brennendes Wasser, I tried this out. I added naphtha to the used frezer re-X IPA and more stuff crashed, resulting in 65mg of very white powder. In my case it helped recover yields, perhaps I used too much IPA for re-X originally (I used ~ 50ml, which should only carry 30ml of salvinorin at room temp). The 65mg is more than I expected, maybe the plant stuff helps salvinorin dissolve in cold IPA (?) or maybe the product is not all salvinorin. Originally I let it crash for over a week, so it should have finished the IPA re-X before I added naphtha.

Overall, I think naphtha does make re-X easier and more robust. Also, it can be used to rinse off any traces of green IPA wich helps remove the small off-color to leave a white product that looks very nice.

The naphtha use brings the total yield up to 180mg for 85g of dry leaves, a respectable 2.1mg/g (assuming the powder is mostly salvinorin), but not at the level that gibran2 got with the washing approach on his leaves.

Next year, I'll do this again with my grow:

3x pulls (60s shaking) with(-15C) acetone pulls of dry leaves. Evap and pickup green powdery residue with boiling IPA. Add 2x volumes of naptha and crash in freezer over a few days. Decant and immediately wash with naptha to help remove traces of green solvent, finally dissolve in acetone and dry slowly in flat dish away from light. The result is a beautiful white xtaline powder, I'll report back with the bioassay someday.

Cheers.

Loveall
#67 Posted : 2/23/2021 11:36:24 AM

❤️‍🔥

FYI, I went ahead and added a TEK for the cold acetone and IPA/Naphtha re-X process we worked on/tested in this thread.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ith_IPA_and_Naphtha_re-X

Cheers

enthdimension
#68 Posted : 10/29/2022 6:34:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:

3x pulls (60s shaking) with(-15C) acetone pulls of dry leaves. Evap and pickup green powdery residue with boiling IPA. Add 2x volumes of naptha and crash in freezer over a few days. Decant and immediately wash with naptha to help remove traces of green solvent, finally dissolve in acetone and dry slowly in flat dish away from light. The result is a beautiful white xtaline powder, I'll report back with the bioassay someday.

Cheers.

Hi, Thanks so much for this! How did this work out for you?

Did you think you still need to do a water wash before (or after) the boiling IPA/Naptha procedure?

Loveall
#69 Posted : 10/30/2022 1:51:52 AM

❤️‍🔥

enthdimension wrote:
Loveall wrote:

Cheers.

Hi, Thanks so much for this! How did this work out for you?

Did you think you still need to do a water wash before (or after) the boiling IPA/Naptha procedure?

No water wash was needed for this process. Technique and source material can vary though. Best of luck!

«PREV234