We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelic Introduction Options

Poemander
#1 Posted : 11/18/2020 10:48:25 PM

“The Infinite Mind of THE ALL is the womb of Universes.” ~The Kybalion

I would rather not bore any of you with the details of my life in general but would like to make a psychedelic introduction instead.

Name... what is a name anyway? Ones as good as another I suppose. I don't really understand why I even identify as a my given name anymore if only for convenience. Something I think about. What name would I give myself... I ponder this often.

Psychedelics did this to me. Used them off and on responsibly since my teenage years. Never was much for excess but do enjoy intensity. A strong trip is a reset button for me. I can have an experience of strong intensity and then not trip again for a couple years. It takes me that long to figure it out, integrate.

I found myself a favorite of all the psychedelics and that is DMT for various reasons. That is not to discount the other psychedelics. This tool seems to like using me right now. It is like it wants to mold me into the best I can be. I imagine this is happening to me. My intent is to improve, evolve, learn, grow, discover and otherwise illuminate that which was once dark.

I have figured out my own path with psychedelics (extractions, mycology, etc.) I'll be sure to pipe in should I have any quality response. I am usually quite reserved, however, in the topic of psychedelics I can become more active in conversations as it is a definite passion I enjoy.

Thank for the chance to express myself through this website. Perhaps it is not the most perfect means for us all to communicate, but giving the current climate of the world this is likely the most appropriate format available. I hope one day we can discuss such things as psychedelics and it not have to be underground, or taboo or any associated stigma.

May we all find our Bliss! Maybe we all find our highest Joy!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Curated_Thinking
#2 Posted : 11/19/2020 5:21:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello. I'm also just new here. Very new, new to psychedelics, even weed. It all hit me last month and this is the aftermath for me. Old me took the hit so new me can explore greater things.

Quote:
Name... what is a name anyway? Ones as good as another I suppose. I don't really understand why I even identify as a my given name anymore if only for convenience. Something I think about. What name would I give myself... I ponder this often.
A name isn't who we are, it's what we agreed to respond to. A name is just a sound we've agreed upon over the course of our evolution to carry with them certain common understandings. A name is just s sound, but it's the sound I've learned is my sound. And why did nature force this understanding of sounds carrying certain understandings? Because the animals that connected certain sounds to danger lived longer. The species that lived longer evolved to live better.

I think about this stuff myself sometimes. Like who was the first person to look at a cow and decide it's milk, not the dog or cat, the cow's milk people would drink.
CURATED_THINKING wrote:
IF ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, THEN WHAT IS A CONTRADICTION?

I HOPE AT THE END ON MY LIFE MORE GOOD WAS DONE THAN HARM BECAUSE OF THE LIFE I LIVED. I HOPE I ALTERED THE COURSE OF SOMETHING WHICH LEAD TO A GREATNESS OR WONDER THAT OTHERWISE WOULD NOT BE. I WANT WHAT WE ALL WANT, TO KNOW I WAS WORTH IT.

Poemander
#3 Posted : 11/19/2020 4:29:27 PM

Curated_Thinking wrote:
Hello. I'm also just new here. Very new, new to psychedelics, even weed. It all hit me last month and this is the aftermath for me. Old me took the hit so new me can explore greater things.

Quote:
A name isn't who we are, it's what we agreed to respond to. A name is just a sound we've agreed upon over the course of our evolution to carry with them certain common understandings. A name is just s sound, but it's the sound I've learned is my sound. And why did nature force this understanding of sounds carrying certain understandings? Because the animals that connected certain sounds to danger lived longer. The species that lived longer evolved to live better.

I think about this stuff myself sometimes. Like who was the first person to look at a cow and decide it's milk, not the dog or cat, the cow's milk people would drink.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Welcome to the club! Aftermath? Hopefully you pan out those greater things.

Curated_Thinking
#4 Posted : 11/19/2020 6:45:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What I mean by aftermath is just over a month ago I was just chilling in my room vaping the cannabis. What started out as a bad trip ended up being the best thing. Now I'm constantly mulling over the nature of existence and what not.

CURATED_THINKING wrote:

I HOPE AT THE END ON MY LIFE MORE GOOD WAS DONE THAN HARM BECAUSE OF THE LIFE I LIVED. I HOPE I ALTERED THE COURSE OF SOMETHING WHICH LEAD TO A GREATNESS OR WONDER THAT OTHERWISE WOULD NOT BE. I WANT WHAT WE ALL WANT, TO KNOW I WAS WORTH IT.

Poemander
#5 Posted : 11/19/2020 11:52:23 PM

Curated_Thinking wrote:
What I mean by aftermath is just over a month ago I was just chilling in my room vaping the cannabis. What started out as a bad trip ended up being the best thing. Now I'm constantly mulling over the nature of existence and what not.

Now I'm just curious and you might as well explain the whole story.

Curated_Thinking
#6 Posted : 11/20/2020 2:09:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Easy enough. I posted about it in my introduction a few days ago. It's a wall of a explanation, but it's how it happened to me.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...aspx?g=posts&t=95599

If you read all that, make no mistake I thought I was going nuts. But as one starts digging and not putting things off as simply being crazy you find this entire subculture of people who very seriously question the meaning of reality and life. These thoughts aren't new to me they were always somewhere in the back of my mind, but now it's like the side show became the main attraction.
CURATED_THINKING wrote:

Poemander
#7 Posted : 11/20/2020 3:22:54 PM

Curated_Thinking wrote:
Easy enough. I posted about it in my introduction a few days ago. It's a wall of a explanation, but it's how it happened to me.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/d...aspx?g=posts&t=95599

If you read all that, make no mistake I thought I was going nuts. But as one starts digging and not putting things off as simply being crazy you find this entire subculture of people who very seriously question the meaning of reality and life. These thoughts aren't new to me they were always somewhere in the back of my mind, but now it's like the side show became the main attraction.

We are all mad here!
Big grin Big grin Big grin

Curated_Thinking
#8 Posted : 11/20/2020 5:48:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That makes me feel less mad.
CURATED_THINKING wrote:

XA1
#9 Posted : 11/22/2020 5:42:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good conversation here. Very happy Thumbs up

Poemander, your comments about names reminds me of a question I read recently: What name does your pet have for you?

I also relate to your "reset button" statement. I think it's perfectly natural for humans to desire altered states of consciousness. Andrew Weil elaborated on it brilliantly in his book "The Natural Mind."

I look forward to reading posts from both of you.

Poemander
#10 Posted : 11/30/2020 7:42:20 PM

XA1 wrote:
Good conversation here. Very happy Thumbs up

Poemander, your comments about names reminds me of a question I read recently: What name does your pet have for you?

I also relate to your "reset button" statement. I think it's perfectly natural for humans to desire altered states of consciousness. Andrew Weil elaborated on it brilliantly in his book "The Natural Mind."

I look forward to reading posts from both of you.

That's an interesting question. I like to think that my pet would be the one thing in my life that doesn't name me.

I will check out the recommended book. Thank you.