We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Inrcreasing yield with STB Options

GracieZarkov
#1 Posted : 11/27/2020 10:51:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm experimenting with STB-extraction and the tutorials I found instruct you to make a mimosa-powder. Here's what I have tried out: Put the mimosa into a mixer, put distilled water into it too and subtract the amount from your basified solution (I did: 2.5l solution, 0.5l water with 200g mimosa). It seemed to me that my yield became bigger. Maybe the dmt get's better mixed with the water? Maybe less dmt degenerates because of less heat? Maybe the yield isn't actually increased?
Anyone has tried this out, or wants to?
Currently I'm testing letting the mimosa soak first and then mixing it, also increasing the water to 1l (means 2l basified solution).

GreetingsBig grin

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 11/27/2020 2:46:59 PM

❀️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

If you followed a tek, which one is it? What base do you add (NaOH)? How many grams of base? What yields did you get? Did you pull with naptha? Was it warm?
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

GracieZarkov
#3 Posted : 11/27/2020 5:29:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I forgot what the tech was called, but it's very simple: 100g mimosa, 1.5l water, 150g NaOH. The actual extraction was done with naphta-evaporation. I didn't measure the yields because they are very much needed, but they seemed more than usual. The naphta was evaporated at cold temperature (maybe around 5°C)

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 11/27/2020 8:55:39 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
I didn't measure the yields because they are very much needed
How would weighing your product interfere with your ability to utilise the product? You're not going to use 1 or 2 grams of DMT all in one go. This doesn't make any sense.

Maybe the yield looked bigger because of crystal size or - especially if 5°C is lower than your usual evaporation temperature - the crystals are of a different, less dense polymorph this time. Or were previous yields obtained with freeze precipitation?

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Tomtegubbe
#5 Posted : 11/27/2020 10:27:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GracieZarkov wrote:
I'm experimenting with STB-extraction and the tutorials I found instruct you to make a mimosa-powder. Here's what I have tried out: Put the mimosa into a mixer, put distilled water into it too and subtract the amount from your basified solution (I did: 2.5l solution, 0.5l water with 200g mimosa). It seemed to me that my yield became bigger. Maybe the dmt get's better mixed with the water? Maybe less dmt degenerates because of less heat? Maybe the yield isn't actually increased?
Anyone has tried this out, or wants to?
Currently I'm testing letting the mimosa soak first and then mixing it, also increasing the water to 1l (means 2l basified solution).

GreetingsBig grin

On additional pulls, heat the solution before mixing.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

GracieZarkov
#6 Posted : 11/28/2020 2:40:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
How would weighing your product interfere with your ability to utilise the product? You're not going to use 1 or 2 grams of DMT all in one go. This doesn't make any sense.

Well, I normally do 3 rounds of naptha-extraction, but I could have measured them each, so you're right.
Quote:
Or were previous yields obtained with freeze precipitation?

No. but also not that much warmer, overall close to the same conditions except for the mixing process I mentioned.
Quote:
On additional pulls, heat the solution before mixing.

I let the mixture stand at around 25°C (with and without naptha).

Jagube
#7 Posted : 11/28/2020 2:58:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You want to baste your naphtha off while it's warm / hot.

If you let it cool to room temperature, its capacity to hold DMT will drop, which defeats the point of heating it in the first place.