We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Datura quids at Pinwheel Cave Options

Loveall
#1 Posted : 11/25/2020 1:41:22 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Datura quids at Pinwheel Cave, California, provide unambiguous confirmation of the ingestion of hallucinogens at a rock art site

Abstract wrote:
Proponents of the altered states of consciousness (ASC) model have argued that hallucinogens have influenced the prehistoric making of images in caves and rock shelters. However, the lack of direct evidence for the consumption of hallucinogens at any global rock art site has undermined the ASC model. We present the first clear evidence for the ingestion of hallucinogens at a rock art site, in this case, from Pinwheel Cave, California. Quids in the cave ceiling are shown to be Datura wrightii, a Native Californian entheogen, indicating that, rather than illustrating visual phenomena caused by the Datura, the rock paintings instead likely represent the plant and its pollinator, calling into question long-held assumptions about rock art and the ASC model.

Perhaps understanding our history will help us build a better future without dysfunctional stigmas against natural altered states of concioussness ❤️🤞

Disclaimer: Datura can be dangerous without shamanic knowledge.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

rOm
#2 Posted : 11/26/2020 1:25:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's very interesting. thanks for sharing Loveall.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Seeingisbelieving
#3 Posted : 11/27/2020 12:24:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

YES! I'm throwing these pics in my thread

doubledog
#4 Posted : 11/27/2020 12:45:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
...rather than illustrating visual phenomena caused by the Datura, the rock paintings instead likely represent the plant and its pollinator...

This make sense, Datura has no typical visual imagery or patterns.

Loveall
#5 Posted : 11/27/2020 1:04:53 AM

❤️‍🔥

doubledog wrote:
This make sense, Datura has no typical visual imagery or patterns.

That's a great point I was not aware of. I think it helps put the author's conclusions in context.

null24
#6 Posted : 11/27/2020 4:17:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I saw this article this morning. It is interesting but I have a question. The image and the photo really do not look similar at all. The handedness of the spiral is backwards relative to the flower, and the image shows little "tails" going off in the opposing direction at the end of the spiral arms. (Sorry, I'm bad at describing things) I am not really familiar with the datura flower other than it's seed pods and trumpet flower and don't know what stage or part this photo represents. It could just be a spiral, after all it is one of the oldest images around.

I'm not trying to discount the entheogenic origin of spirituality idea, to me it's a given, just this sticks out to me without really delving into it.

EDIT: I hadn't noticed the inner...whatever they are..petals(?) so it does look more similar in regards to the "tails" I mentioned. It is still backwards though. Is one of the pics turned I wonder?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

rOm
#7 Posted : 11/27/2020 10:26:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
I saw this article this morning. It is interesting but I have a question. The image and the photo really do not look similar at all. The handedness of the spiral is backwards relative to the flower, and the image shows little "tails" going off in the opposing direction at the end of the spiral arms. (Sorry, I'm bad at describing things) I am not really familiar with the datura flower other than it's seed pods and trumpet flower and don't know what stage or part this photo represents. It could just be a spiral, after all it is one of the oldest images around.

I'm not trying to discount the entheogenic origin of spirituality idea, to me it's a given, just this sticks out to me without really delving into it.

EDIT: I hadn't noticed the inner...whatever they are..petals(?) so it does look more similar in regards to the "tails" I mentioned. It is still backwards though. Is one of the pics turned I wonder?

It looks a bit similar, but they found quids left that were identified as datura wrightii quids. did you see the plants fiber chewed andlikely genetically and carbon 14 ?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Loveall
#8 Posted : 11/27/2020 3:04:21 PM

❤️‍🔥

null24 wrote:

I hadn't noticed the orientation difference in the picture. Do all flowers grow with that direction? If you cut the flower and hand it to someone while holding the stem, the orientation you see would be the same as the painting. Maybe the artist was a shaman and drew it as if he was giving the flower. Poetically, he is now reaching through the ages to remind us of our severed relationship to nature 🙃

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 11/27/2020 8:16:37 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This seems like a good thread to spam with a photo of my Brugmansia in bloom last night. The nocturnal scent of the flowers is heavenly and can become quite overwhelming.

Edit: Also included is a picture of a flower starting to open. We can see the buds for this species furl in the same direction as the one in the OP.
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
IMG_3692.JPG (4,721kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
IMG_3695.JPG (3,361kb) downloaded 35 time(s).
IMG_3676.JPG (3,001kb) downloaded 34 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli