We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia Confusa ~ should I filter out the sludge or leave it in...? Options

Valmar
#1 Posted : 10/31/2020 10:06:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You know when you've simmered down your Confusa tea, it has that sludgy stuff.

Is that worth keeping, or is there no loss from discarding it?
“The dao that can be expressed is not the eternal Dao.”
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 10/31/2020 12:49:58 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Put it to one side, and process it separately if you really want to find out one way or the other.

I've heard contradictory information about the degree of losses incurred due to removing tannin sludge from bark tea.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

bismillah
#3 Posted : 10/31/2020 2:25:43 PM

My Personalized Tag

I remove the sludge when I make teas with mimosa. After simmering, I leave it in the fridge overnight, after which it all settles to the bottom and sticks to the container. I still run it through a cottonball to be sure.

I doubt there's any loss in potency, but in my opinion it's worth not having to drink stomach shrapnel even if there is. My tea seems plenty potent anyway.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

Valmar
#4 Posted : 11/25/2020 3:01:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cheers. Pleased
“The dao that can be expressed is not the eternal Dao.”
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

Jagube
#5 Posted : 11/25/2020 3:17:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I make brews for oral consumption, I separate the sludge from the liquid, put it in a pan, add water and vinegar and simmer it for 10 minutes. Then filter out the solids and boil the liquid down.

The resulting liquid is active and can be combined with the rest of the brew.

The dilution / simmer / filtering / boiling down sequence can be repeated, but probably not worth doing it more than twice.

If that's too much work for the amount of plant material brewed, you can put the sludge in a jar every time you brew, and do the above procedure when you have more sludge to process.