We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Experimentation with Changa and Spirit Writing Options

Seeingisbelieving
#21 Posted : 11/21/2020 8:27:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is awesome man! Your work looks like mine I have done on peak lsd experiences. It's almost like we're a seismograph trying to channel creative overflow onto a paper. I would be interested in trying various mediums doing this kind of work. I'm creating my own thread for journal entries tonight.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

00Burnout
#22 Posted : 11/22/2020 12:09:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
00Burnout wrote:
Oh I already do. I flung myself into the void a few years ago. At this point it's a matter of recognizing that programming and changing the behavior tied to it. Though I do greatly appreciate being a part of this community, it definitely helps to have others who are familiar with the territory to help me make sense of things.

That's good to know; now I'm older I tend to feel a bit more parental about things. In retrospect, even the horrors of self-inflicted misery were in some way beneficial. Transformation is a continuous process and I don't think it has a clear ending - not even death, really.

A bit more on topic - I've had some interesting experiences with automated drawing, principally with psilocybin in the form of liberty caps. The very first time I tried this the picture came alive as I drew it (or it drew itself) and was inhabited by elf-folk, some of who proceeded to write their names. It doesn't look up to much as a work of art, however!

I absolutely agree, there is always room for growth and a deeper interpersonal relationship. Some of my worst decisions in life contained the best lessons, flowers don't bloom without a little rain.

I would love to see that drawing if you still have it and feel inclined to share. Mine is far from what I'd consider to be a work of art, just unintelligible scribbling but that could change as I attempt this more often.

Seeingisbelieving wrote:

This is awesome man! Your work looks like mine I have done on peak lsd experiences. It's almost like we're a seismograph trying to channel creative overflow onto a paper. I would be interested in trying various mediums doing this kind of work. I'm creating my own thread for journal entries tonight.

Thank you! I would love to read your journal entries if you wanna drop the link when you start it

Seeingisbelieving
#23 Posted : 11/22/2020 1:59:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Posted it up dude! thanks for inspiring me
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=95653

downwardsfromzero
#24 Posted : 11/22/2020 8:01:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

00Burnout wrote:
[...]

I would love to see that drawing if you still have it and feel inclined to share. Mine is far from what I'd consider to be a work of art, just unintelligible scribbling but that could change as I attempt this more often.

Pic attached.

Edit: In the middle is a sort of tree trunk, to the right of which is the elfin treehouse village. Under the influence, this had little people walking around in it!

Perhaps the writing is just about legible. Completely coincidentally, the name at the bottom happens to correspond to a twitter account highlighting Turkish-backed Azerbaijani military attacks on Artsakh and Karabakh in Armenia, which we don't exactly hear very much about. Then there is the name of a bar in Portugal, and the last one, besides a myspace account and an instagram account, is an anagram of boranes.

Perhaps I need to try again Confused
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
Shroom Village 1997 hd2.jpg (2,853kb) downloaded 93 time(s).

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Seeingisbelieving
#25 Posted : 11/22/2020 9:22:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwards, your picture looks like the imagery described by shamans visiting the tree of life or source of all creation. Really fascinating stuff. Mircea Eliade described cultures all around the world who were experiencing the exact same phenomenon. Most psychonauts I've spoken to have spoke of visiting this place as well. It's basically a gathering place of true shamans.

00Burnout
#26 Posted : 11/23/2020 3:14:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is amazing downwards! That's very reminiscent of the tree my girlfriend and I travel to while practicing shamanic journeying, which interestingly enough we had both discovered long before we met. I'll dig out my journal and take a picture of the entry that describes what it looks like. Before I met her, we both had assumed it was an entirely internal dimension but we've been able to meet there.

Edit: pictures attached
00Burnout attached the following image(s):
20201122_222808.jpg (2,605kb) downloaded 85 time(s).
20201122_222827.jpg (2,221kb) downloaded 85 time(s).

Seeingisbelieving
#27 Posted : 11/23/2020 5:34:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lol FLIP THOSE PICS MAN

00Burnout
#28 Posted : 11/24/2020 3:04:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

They were oriented right when I uploaded them, idk why they flipped

downwardsfromzero
#29 Posted : 11/24/2020 11:43:16 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

00Burnout wrote:
They were oriented right when I uploaded them, idk why they flipped

It seems there's two ways the orientation of a picture can be changed. One is simply by making a note to that effect in the metadata. However, when pictures are uploaded to this site, metadata is stripped for security reasons. Unfortunately this means the orientation data is also lost. This is what happens with pictures that are uploaded from mobile devices and digital cameras.

The solution is (more or less) thus:-
When an image is exported from an image processing application, the orientation is intrinsic to the form of the data and the orientation will be preserved when uploaded. My picture appears in the correct orientation because it was scanned with portrait mode selected.

I've struggled with getting the orientation correct on photo's so many times here; changing the orientation in an image viewing app is not sufficient.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

downwardsfromzero
#30 Posted : 11/24/2020 11:56:52 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
downwards, your picture looks like the imagery described by shamans visiting the tree of life or source of all creation. Really fascinating stuff. Mircea Eliade described cultures all around the world who were experiencing the exact same phenomenon. Most psychonauts I've spoken to have spoke of visiting this place as well. It's basically a gathering place of true shamans.

Many of my subsequent artworks have taken a similar overall form. The paper is divided in to four areas, or five if you count the trunk. Besides the trunk, there is the crown area, the root area and the areas to the left and the right side of the trunk.

I'll attach another one from a few years later. (Edit: this was done more as an artwork, but the outlines in black in were drawn with a Pointillist automatic drawing technique. The only psychoactive substance involved with this one was cannabis. [Edit edit: maybe some coffee influenced the outcome to a large degree as well!])

Edit2: I've just realised that the first thing I saw out of the window this very morning was someone walking a little dog exactly like the one in the right-hand portion of the picture!
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
Puppy Cave 2001 hierres clean.jpg (3,243kb) downloaded 55 time(s).

Seeingisbelieving
#31 Posted : 11/24/2020 6:13:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting. It's weird how dream time ie hyperspace performs all of these functions in the unconscious mind behind the veil without having a linear time line. It is weird to think that conventional society has disregarded dreams as non sense. I have had dreams come true and some nightmares are so scary and full of loss that I hope and hope I never have to experience such suffering. I use cannabis when I paint and draw as well. It always seems like I'm able to unlock my unconscious when I'm high and it just spills out onto paper and canvas'. 8-9 years ago I was journaling dreams and every day reality ( I was tripping fairly regularly) and was actually able to watch my dreams come into existence many times. It seriously changed my life and it made me think that my life could be anything I dreamed it to be.

Seeingisbelieving
#32 Posted : 11/24/2020 6:13:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

p.s I LOVE YOUR ARTWORK

00Burnout
#33 Posted : 11/24/2020 6:53:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll get on my girl's macbook later and see if I can get it uploaded right, I'm not mac savvy though so it might be a minute lol.

I love your art downwards, I could stare at it all day and aside from a little nicotine I'm stone cold sober today.

It really is a shame that society writes off dreams as ramblings of the unconscious mind. I've had a fair amount of dreams come true, nightmares as well (that actually turned out to be for my best in the end), and even a few trips that were more or less prophetic visions. I've had friends and family call me crazy on several occasions because of my deep belief that these substances are more than just hallucinations. Though I've had plenty of trips that were nothing more than entertaining, and I think it's important not to always try to find the meaning behind everything we see. The constant search for hidden truths can very quickly suck the joy out of life, sometimes it is only meant to be taken for it's face value imho.

I'll be taking another journey with changa tonight, I might try my hand at this experiment again.

I've also heard Mother Ayahuasca's call again, after not hearing it in well over a year and assuming my work with that medicine was at a close, so I'll be brewing a batch today. I'm excited and a little nervous lol. This time will be much easier on me than any of my other times taking my own brew, because unlike my ex wife, my girlfriend is very willing and happy to hold space for me.

Seeingisbelieving
#34 Posted : 11/24/2020 9:12:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A automatic writing experiment conducted under the influence of ayahuasca is sure to turn out interesting! I used to believe that drawing and writing in a journal everyday somehow could help me manifest a certain reality I desired (I was tripping fairly regularly on lsd and research chems). I used to be into practicing chaos magic and was interested in the process of creating sigils. The space where art and creativity resides has to be the dream space because artwork has the potential to be unlimited. This led me to creating art pieces of realities that I wanted to experience with sigils intermixed in psychedelic patterns. Most of these realities were manifested in various opportunities and paths over the next 7 years. I was in very deep heady water and now that I have built a life that I desired it has become one HUGE balancing act to try and keep it from crashing down on itself because my lack of gratitude for what I have. I really am trying to be a better person. I just have so far to go.

00Burnout
#35 Posted : 11/24/2020 9:29:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I whole heartedly believe that methods like that can manifest the realities we desire. I highly recommend reading "As A Man Thinketh" by James Allen. What we focus on becomes our reality, our thoughts drive our actions. Rather than trying to be a better person, just be a believe you are a better person. It sounds silly from a practical standpoint, but if you are always trying to be better you will never get there, if you always look for happiness you will never find it. You have to make an active decision to have these things in the present moment, and it's a matter of conditioning really, because we are taught that we must always improve ourselves. In reality you are the absolute best you that you are capable of being in this moment. Yes you can always eat healthier, drink more water, make better decisions etc. But if you always look for more you will always feel a lacking. If that makes any sense, I have a hard time making my own thoughts seem more than senseless babbling sometimes lol

In short, stop moving the goal post and realize that you are already standing in it. My life became exponentially easier when I let go of the wheel and let life take it's own course. Not to say that you shouldn't have goals, dreams and aspirations, but rather, don't get attached to them.

The two biggest pieces of advice I was ever given, was to not get attached to people, places or ideas (that last one is a struggle for me) and to have fun. Life is meant to be enjoyed.

downwardsfromzero
#36 Posted : 11/24/2020 11:05:15 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Appreciation appreciated!

Yes, I've learnt a thing or two about manifestation over the years. Gratitude for what you have, and non-attachment to the wish. Otherwise a sense of wanting perpetuates need and need only exists in the absence of that which we wish for. Thus, focusing on wanting blocks manifestation. There's a level of purity of thought that comes with this, and it requires a certain self-discipline. Sib - your journal post #3, "The kingdom of heaven is within you..." really brought this into focus for me today.

Thanks you two, and the Nexus, for helping bring a wonderfully positive, healing day.

Seeingisbelieving
#37 Posted : 11/24/2020 11:53:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks to both of you as well! I actually feel like I was able to integrate some deep stuff that I wasn't able to talk about with other people. YOU GUYS ROCK! I'll be trying an automatic DMT drawing sometime this week and will for sure post it up.

downwardsfromzero
#38 Posted : 11/24/2020 11:56:51 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Full moon is pencilled in for me - perhaps we can meet by the tree.

(Yeah, I also do poetry - badly! Big grin )

00Burnout
#39 Posted : 11/25/2020 12:07:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

<3<3<3<3 much gratitude to both of you! Being able to share this experience, finding similarities, and seeing how this is all connected is so amazing.

I'll pencil in the date, I'm getting low on changa so we'll see. Granted I've smoalked enough out of this pipe I could probably just hit it lol

Seeingisbelieving
#40 Posted : 11/25/2020 4:05:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I shouldn't miss a full moon ceremony for a LONG time. I had the greatest idea for a science fiction novel while staring at the full moon smoking dmt. Staring at a light beam I thought about an alien civilization that resides in the sun and is constantly sending us coded messages in light that is leading our evolution through interactions of photosynthesis on psychedelic plants. I'll probably never have the time to develop the idea but maybe someday when I'm old and really dont have shut to do.

PREV123NEXT