We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Baeocystin Extraction? Options

I AM SWIM
#1 Posted : 10/27/2020 5:20:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I'm working on figuring a way to isolating Psilocybin, Psilocin, Baeocystin, and Norbaeocystin. What I'm wondering is if baeocystin is soluble in either H2O or EtOH.

I'm also working on combining all these alkaloids into a single tincture, including the beta-carbolines.

I would imagine doing a CWE first before starting the Psilocybin extraction in order to pull the beta carbolines and not damage them during the extraction process.

Does anyone have any info on baeocystin and norbaeocystin solubility?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

I AM SWIM
#2 Posted : 10/28/2020 12:43:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll throw these two compounds in the topic as well.
ω-N-Methyl-4-hydroxytryptamine (Norpsilocin)

and

Aeruginascin

Although, Aeruginascin is only found in a few species. It still would be interesting to
find ways to isolate these compounds.

So far, I'm thinking one way is to adjust pH levels, and see if isolate crystals will precipitate.

benzyme
#3 Posted : 10/29/2020 2:26:44 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I don't think any of them will crash out as crystals, without some IEX. They are all zwitterions; soluble in water and methanol, difficultly soluble in ethanol (except psilocin/norpsilocin)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

endlessness
#4 Posted : 10/29/2020 10:56:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Check this amazing book by K Trout, for more info on solubility of the mentioned compounds. I recommend you look up the source when it talks about "isolation" and see how they did it in literature.

Some papers might be hard to find but you can always try using sci-hub to try and download them.

I highly recommend some analytical method to try and confirm if your isolation worked, something like TLC would be a good idea.

Good luck and let us know how it goes, whether it works or not!

I AM SWIM
#5 Posted : 11/17/2020 5:15:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aeruginascin has been identified in Psilocybe Cubensis:

https://psychedelicrevie...ubensis-magic-mushrooms/

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 11/17/2020 10:12:51 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I AM SWIM wrote:
Aeruginascin has been identified in Psilocybe Cubensis:

https://psychedelicrevie...ubensis-magic-mushrooms/

This would be relevant to mention in one of the aeruginascin threads, e.g. https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=82697&find=unread

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1069568#post1069568

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Loveall
#7 Posted : 11/23/2020 9:16:01 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

In my experience mushroom extraction is much more difficult than I imagined a priori. Based on what I have learned after failing many times, here is where I would reccomended starting to make progress:

1) Use Na+ cation ion resin (high quality resins are available at filter supply stores for example). Get some pure amino acids from a health supplement store and practice with those zwitterions first to get a feel for binding and eluting from the resin. You'll want to elute at gentle pH with the help of salt I believe. Search the forum, there is a paper where they also added a certain amino acid as a control that elutes in a similar way to psilocybin.

2) The 4-OH position loves to make the indoles oxidize and polymerize when not protected. It's a pain in the butt. You may have to invest in setting up a vacuum system (doesn't have to be too expensive, just get a good pump and suitable container/air lines). Otherwise it will polymerize if exposed to air, or light, if you try to dry it, if you tell at it, or if it senses you are in a bad mood (j/k, but you get the point). I would seriously look at also getting a small cheap freezer and drilling an air line into it so you can freeze dry this stuff. A promising thing would be to freeze dry an elution with | High Pobability of Braindamage by Creepy non tested Drugs (forced by scammer 69ron) | and form a stable complex that won't degrade.

There are also A/B descriptions in the literature, and it is possible to do A/B into xylene and salted with fumaric (as shown in this forum after a lot of hard work), but yields are not that good at all and it is stinky/troublesome (not reccomended at this time).

Good luck and I wish you success. Let is know if you find something that works 🙃
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 11/24/2020 1:41:52 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Loveall wrote:
I would seriously look at also getting a small cheap freezer and drilling an air line into it so you can freeze dry this stuff.

You don't have to drill a hole in a freezer. It's simple to make your own vacuum chamber that will fit in the freezer:
https://www.instructables.com/Freeze-Dry-At-Home/
although I'd be wary of using a glass jar like that because of the implosion risk. Wrapping it around with electrical tape or gaffer (duct) tape would be wise, or using a metal chamber such as a small safe instead.

Edit: another freeze dryer build link:
https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/DIY_Freeze_Dryer

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli