We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Microdosing spice? Options

mad_banshee
#1 Posted : 11/22/2020 3:08:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry if this has been all hashed out before, but a search on microdosing dmt didn't bring anything up. I'm wondering how to go about microdosing? I would like a very, very light pharma buzz from jungle spice to happen in a convenient way. Aside from brewing and drinking a cup of syrian rue tea and shortly after putting a bit of spice in a glass of orange juice, is there a better (or more convenient) way? Like maybe a tincture? And if so, what's the tek?

Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

sbios
#2 Posted : 11/22/2020 3:11:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wouldn't it be easier to just smoke/vape or use changa? This way it's much easier to manage.

mad_banshee
#3 Posted : 11/22/2020 3:42:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sbios wrote:
Wouldn't it be easier to just smoke/vape or use changa? This way it's much easier to manage.

I must admit I don't know much about changa, but smoking only lasts a few minutes of course. Making up a cup of syrian rue is not a big deal, but it's hit and miss on the strength and measuring out only say 5-10 mg of spice is also prone to be a pita. I was thinking that a tincture where you just take a few drops would be easiest if that's possible. I'm like almost 70 years old and maybe a bit stuck in the ways I've learned to use spice I guess.Laughing

Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

Egzoset
#4 Posted : 11/23/2020 12:56:37 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations BanShee,

mad_banshee wrote:
...a search on microdosing dmt didn't bring anything up.

Maybe it's because there's no echoes to be heard relatively to previous comments on this challenge, openly published by Egzoset, no string attached. If i were to make a prediction it's that you'll quickly convert to conduction-heat e-Mesh scenarios soon... Watch you PM mailbox!

mad_banshee wrote:
I'm wondering how to go about microdosing?

M'well, some interesting challenge with cannabis trichome glands is finding how to sufficiently valorize a ~30 mg toke in terms of aroma/taste so to cause a major consumer profile shift, away from systematic non-dosing abuse from ~300 smoker fatties... Which in reality is more like my ~125 mg bowl (though vaped at once!!) but free from toxic combustion smoke typically sacrificing nearly half the noble molecules to fuel a self-vilifying fire (e.g. in presence of wood fiber & glue as additional seasoning from rolling-paper)!

Check around, i attempted to explain it on multiple occasions without successful advancement of similar topics.

mad_banshee wrote:
I would like...

IMO it's an easy puzzle once converted to "Pulse Heating", where a finite temporarily "Heat Charge" matching the user's personally-chosen WorkLoad simply gets depleted during inhalation, which consequently leaves too little residual heat to potentially cause secondary/tertiary heat-denaturating reactions. In other words "baking" is strictly limited by design, since it's the tiny/featherlight trichome gland contact-surfaces that pulse heating discriminantly targets, taking benefit from exploiting the physical impossibility for larger bodies to "thermalize" significantly in the little time involved (until a full-spectrum stream of goodies gets released/transported via convective heating).

A colourful illustration of mine is the cruel anti-arachnoïd game of "heat-shaving the hairy legs of a spider without roasting inside its exo-skeleton", the goal being to keep it alive at least until there's no longer a brief glowing layer floating above its minuscule body shell when hit by the radiative/convective energy flow.

One hint being to recourse to pulse heating exactly. Because heat doesn't propagate at infinite speed and hence a "Packetized" (dosing) heat source can only vaporize some finite amount of entheogens... With additional benefit from "conservation" as a bonus.

mad_banshee wrote:
...what's the tek?

Dame Nature often has useful teachings to offer, it seems to me that trichome glands already suggest/demonstrate a most convenient packaging format that invites micro-dosing indeed: it's subdiving a whole mass into microscopic dosing units of relatively predictible characteristics. SiC Foam from my Hybrid customised VaporGenie core might double as a purist-proof substrate for workloads other than trichome glands i figure...

mad_banshee wrote:
...smoking only lasts a few minutes of course.

Seconds for the main substances delivery process actually, while only the "session" will last minutes.

mad_banshee wrote:
...a bit stuck in the ways...

If a change of consumption method is going to translate into more lungs stress due to operator errors then precision-controlled micro-dosing does makes sense indeed. Yet i'd still feel somewhat concerned about the learning curve, especially if falling back to the simpler option of trying a genuine GVG instead.

Good day, have fun chasing hairy spiders with a butane torch !! Cool

observe
#5 Posted : 11/23/2020 4:31:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Functioning under the influence of pharma seems unrealistic. You can ingest a modest amount of dmt to enjoy its headspace while minimizing visual activity but that pinch of dmt will amplify the harmalas to a distracting intensity. A strong pharma trip leaves me feeling better sober. The amount of harmalas necessary for inhibition is in itself not micro. The advice to investigate changa is well informed,it is quite convenient to microdose. Egzoset I have read much of your postings about your customized vg core, it has always seized my attention as something worth exploring if I could understand it. Can you illuminate the design in simple terms?

Egzoset
#6 Posted : 11/24/2020 2:32:38 AM

Vaporist of Borg

observe wrote:
Can you illuminate the design in simple terms?

Pick one of your choosing 1st, then we can cooperate together so you can eventually DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW.

Since 2010 when i created the Egzoset alias all my contributions were meant to remain as accessible as possible anyway...

PedroSanchez
#7 Posted : 11/25/2020 10:52:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i would use enhanced leaf personally. i agree with sbios, it would be easy to manage and keep your doses consistent. EL rather than changa because i cant imagine constant MAOI use would be great for us.
i dont see any reason to overthink it past that unless you were looking at taking microgram doses. if that is the case i think a tincture might be the answer you are looking for. i cant help in regards to tek for that, but there is plenty of info around the forum about it.

Jagube
#8 Posted : 11/25/2020 2:55:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PedroSanchez wrote:
EL rather than changa because i cant imagine constant MAOI use would be great for us.

Why? Some people use oral harmalas regularly and there is a lot of research into the benefits of harmalas. One Nexian claims to have taken rue seeds everyday for 2 years.

mad_banshee
#9 Posted : 11/25/2020 9:59:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PedroSanchez wrote:
i would use enhanced leaf personally. i agree with sbios, it would be easy to manage and keep your doses consistent. EL rather than changa because i cant imagine constant MAOI use would be great for us.
i dont see any reason to overthink it past that unless you were looking at taking microgram doses. if that is the case i think a tincture might be the answer you are looking for. i cant help in regards to tek for that, but there is plenty of info around the forum about it.

Thanks Pedro. I have to agree that constant MAOI is likely not good. There is a reason our bodies function as they do. I guess just a light rue tea and a few, ( 5-10mg) of freebase in a glass of oj might be the way to go. I'm only talking a few times a month anyway.
Peace

Mad Banshee

DeltaSpice
#10 Posted : 12/2/2020 3:54:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Guys.
Just curious as to why constant MAOI use might not be good for you.
I smoke Vine Alks daily for years..

Get that vine inside you, i say.. Unless there is something i dont know?
Cheers

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 12/2/2020 11:56:36 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

There is every possibility that our bodies adapt very well to constant RIMA use; some have hypothesized that human evolution had a significant period of exposure to betacarbolines in plants and their fruits. It has been suggested that this ongoing exposure to betacarbolines was one of the factors involved in the increased size and complexity of the human brain. If this is the case, then not taking harmalas could be viewed as a kind of nutritional deficiency Pleased

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dreamer042
#12 Posted : 12/3/2020 2:05:01 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I think the big issue is that sans-harmalas, the DMT would be destroyed by MAO in first pass metabolism if taken orally. You could take it with harmalas, but there is a certain threshold you need to hit that is above microdose level to get sufficient inhibition.

You could bypass the belly and take it sublingually, but my experience trying this with a DMT salt found it be almost intolerably bitter and I was unable to keep it on the soft tissue long enough for effect. Freebase is very caustic and this would not be an appropriate roa for that form.

The obvious answer here is to just microdose psilocybin.

For what it's worth I've been using harmalas pretty much nightly for something like 7 years now, minus a few breaks to test tolerance/discontinuation issues. Usually I just take microdoses of ~10-30 mg or so with the occasional higher dose when taking with DMT.I've not noticed any problems from the nightly dosing and found no rebound effect with discontinuation when taking breaks, even when stopping for up to several months.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

PedroSanchez
#13 Posted : 12/3/2020 11:29:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
PedroSanchez wrote:
EL rather than changa because i cant imagine constant MAOI use would be great for us.

Why? Some people use oral harmalas regularly and there is a lot of research into the benefits of harmalas. One Nexian claims to have taken rue seeds everyday for 2 years.

i am by no means an expert, in fact i know almost nothing about the topic, so my opinion is really just an opinion, but when you use an MAOI you are stopping your body from being able to defend itself, which is fine in moderation, but the idea of doing that daily feels risky to me.

that said, opinions dont change facts, so i encourage you to do as much research as you can if it is something you are thinking about doing.

ShamensStamen
#14 Posted : 12/3/2020 8:19:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've taken Harmalas very regularly for periods since i first started taking this stuff in 2012. Daily/regular/long term Harmala dosing isn't an issue. The MAO-A inhibition is reversible, meaning even if you took it daily, MAO-A would still go back to not being inhibited for a bit until you take the next days dose. So long as you don't take anything that would be contraindicated with MAO-A inhibition, you'll be fine. Don't even need to avoid Tyramine either. I've taken Rue near daily for 4 years alongside full dosages of Mimosa/Acacia, and taken Harmala extract daily for 8 months straight, and took Rue seed daily for like 6 months straight. I've taken Rue/Harmalas so regularly yet never noticed any issues or negatives, and no withdrawal effects. Harmalas are much safer than people believe. In fact it feels quite healthy to be dosing Harmalas on the regular.