We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT in CBD e-juice problems Options

Pallekuling
#1 Posted : 11/19/2020 7:56:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi folks!

I have had some successful break throughs using a vape and dissolving my spice in 50/50, PG/VG e-juice liquid. But the other day I decided for some reason to dissolve it in CBD e-juice instead. To see if the CBD may add anything to the experience I guess. I did as I usually do, with PG/VG, but first thing to notice was that the spice did not seem to dissolve properly. Rather it just turned to this very cloudy dark brown color. Usually it is yellowish, orange see through color. I did not analyze it further by then but just loaded my vape with it and got ready. Three big hits and I waited… nothing. (very minor maybe). I thought I made a strong mix. Strange... ok, so maybe not. I loaded the rest of the spice that I had, approximately an equal amount that I loaded the first time. (This is what I usually mix). The solution just turned even darker and cloudier. I tried it, three big hits and almost nothing.

As usual I always mix the ratio about 1 g of spice to 4 ml of e-juice.

So, what are your experience of this, anybody having an idea why this happened? Have I just wasted my spice by mixing it with CBD e-juice?

(I posted this in the sticky vaping guide thread, but have not got any answers, so I made a new topic instead).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Loveall
#2 Posted : 11/19/2020 10:50:48 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

If you let the mix settle over time what happens to the cloudiness? Does it separate out into an oily layer? It could be that the DMT is polymerizing (aggregating together) in the CBD juice. Polymerized DMT may be more difficult to vaporize and need higher temperature.

That is just my speculation at this time. In reality I do not know for sure. If your device has adjustable settings could a higher temp if not done so already and you know that is safe for your base e-juice.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

fathomlessness
#3 Posted : 11/21/2020 6:28:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What was the ratio of VG to PG for the CBD eliquid? IME, DMT doesn't like dissolving in VG very much, it can take a few days for it to dissolve for me even. What I do is dissolve it in PG first, wait a few hours to a day and then mix it 50/50 with VG. If it hasn't dissolved it won't wick itself up through the cotton to get to the coil. You can try a light heat bath to help dissolve it (30-50c).

Every time I dissolve DMT in eliquid it will always turn orange in time, and eventually end up turning brown. I think I even remember darker colors with some flavorings. It wouldn't be too far fetched to think that already dark colored eliquid from CBD would be made darker by DMT.

As Lovall suggested, time ma be your friend here, that and/or heat.

Pallekuling
#4 Posted : 11/23/2020 5:12:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for your replies. So I have also tried to heat it up a little giving it a warm bath. But it does not seem to dissolve properly. I do not know what the ratio PG/VG in the CBD eliquid is.

This is how it looks like, see picture.

So let us just speculate that it does not want to dissolve. Any ideas on how to fix that? Maybe add proper eliquid so it can dissolve in that? I tried add a little and it kinda looks right at the bottom (still cloudy) but higher up it is just this dark layer..
Pallekuling attached the following image(s):
127043277_1001571930329316_4526823948168836933_n.jpg (91kb) downloaded 57 time(s).

Pallekuling
#5 Posted : 11/23/2020 5:14:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The picture did not load properly.. here is another one
Pallekuling attached the following image(s):
127043277_1001571930329316_4526823948168836933_n.jpg (91kb) downloaded 54 time(s).