We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lsa without nausea/gut constriction? Is it possible? Options

ColorfulElfBoy
#1 Posted : 11/21/2020 12:27:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I really like LSA, it makes life make sense. It connects concepts and ideas that make you truly understand, or at least can handle, the universe. It's like ooh, ok I understand.

And it's been a really helpful substance in handling my own ego/inevitable ego death.
But it cramps my gut so hard it's almost like getting your balls crushed. Just a discomfort that is so inside your being it's shocking and you wish you didn't do it. Of course the high is worth it.. but still. It's hard to handle.

Are there any ways to lessen this? I take ginger root, and sometimes vitamin C.
I have a thought that it's the serotonin mimicking action of lsa that causes the constriction of veins. So maybe it's not actually possible to remove that aspect.
Though I'd love some advice.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 11/21/2020 3:33:12 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

How do you typically prepare your LSA for consumption? Amongst a couple of other things, there are various claims that peppermint tea is crucial in optimizing the experience.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

InLaKesh
#3 Posted : 11/21/2020 11:12:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The nauseating components can be removed with a naphta wash . Pull with Ethanol afterwards, filter with a coffee filter and store the tincture in an amber bottle in the fridge. ( Fresh or not so old seeds are way better)

I really like them this way , its a wonderful easy but meaningfull psychedelic.

Adding peppermint completely changes the experience for me ( More stimulating, restless thoughts, colder....)
I prefer them without peppermint.
In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

Tomtegubbe
#4 Posted : 11/21/2020 1:07:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

InLaKesh wrote:
The nauseating components can be removed with a naphta wash . Pull with Ethanol afterwards, filter with a coffee filter and store the tincture in an amber bottle in the fridge. ( Fresh or not so old seeds are way better)

I really like them this way , its a wonderful easy but meaningfull psychedelic.

Adding peppermint completely changes the experience for me ( More stimulating, restless thoughts, colder....)
I prefer them without peppermint.

Sounds very promising. Is there a more detailed Tek to follow?
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Jees
#5 Posted : 11/21/2020 2:55:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
...Is there a more detailed Tek to follow?
Therefore the WIKI is made, for you to find it yourself easily Big grin
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...egory:Extraction_Tek#LSA
At the bottom there's a Reference [1] link that brings you to the relevant threads.
I've never did those teks myself though.

Happy trials,
please come back with results if you embark with it Thumbs up

Cognitive Heart
#6 Posted : 11/21/2020 3:09:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like LSA, too, but there are a lot of factors to take into consideration in order to reduce nausea or vasoconstriction. Completely removing any discomfort from ergine consumption is near impossible, not to mention vomiting. Personally, I find cannabis helps immensely reduces nausea, and also enhances the experience overall. Increasing vasodilation before ingestion of LSA could help prevent and combat the powerful vasoconstriction effects, though.

In my experience, peppermint essential oil completely removes the awful taste of cold water extraction but not much else. Menthol is a weak kappa opioid agonist, among other interesting effects, but peppermint's psychoactive relationship to LSA is not well understood.

What's your preparation? How much do you take? Which species are you consuming the lysergic acid from? Ipomoea? Woodrose?

Kash's TEK might be a worthy pursuit to venture forth onto. On the the other-hand, very basic extractions can work well, too. Smile

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=35607
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Tomtegubbe
#7 Posted : 11/21/2020 3:11:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:
...Is there a more detailed Tek to follow?
Therefore the WIKI is made, for you to find it yourself easily Big grin
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...egory:Extraction_Tek#LSA
At the bottom there's a Reference [1] link that brings you to the relevant threads.
I've never did those teks myself though.

Happy trials,
please come back with results if you embark with it Thumbs up

The reason I asked is that those Teks don't look too appealing and your method seemed more straightforward. I was interested in what other phases you have besides what you mentioned. Just ground the plant material and immerse it in naphta then mix the naphta with ethanol and filter the ethanol layer? Do you basify the the plant material first?
My preferred method:

Jees
#8 Posted : 11/21/2020 3:42:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
...I was interested in what other phases you have besides what you mentioned...
As said I haven't done them, let's hope InLaKesh has the details to share that you want.
It's good to explore the relevant threads of a tek, as per reference [1] I mentioned, people go into more details there and I hope you find what you want.

InLaKesh
#9 Posted : 11/22/2020 12:58:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its derived from the PanoraMIX HBWR Extract Tek from the Wiki.
No basing is required.
I quote myself from another thread. Feel free ta ask questions.

InLaKesh wrote:
Step 1

(i suggest to remove the thin coating from every seed with your fingernails,but you dont have to)
Grind the seeds to powder and put in one jar.

Step 2

Do a naptha wash, so add napta until 5cm above the seeds.
(everytime 15 to 60 minutes, shake or stir occasionally,discard naphta!)

Repeat step 2 [4x] (for vodka and everclear), [10x] (for acetone and IPA)

Let the seedmush dry to evap the leftover naphta

Step 3
add pure IPA or acetone for powder, everclear or vodka for liquid(to the dry seedpowder). Let it stand for 30 min.
pull 2-3x

(stir or shake occasionally,after 30 min let the solids settle and pour of the solvent (everclear ,vodka,ipa... the LSA is in there,keep it)
a pull is one step with fresh solvent, repeat it 2-3 times)

Step 4

Filter the solvent with a coffee filter.

keep it (the LSA) in solution (for everclear and vodka)
Evap totaly for powder(when you use IPA or acetone)

I hope this exlains everything !

In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

Tomtegubbe
#10 Posted : 11/23/2020 6:11:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, InLaKesh! I wonder if there's any research on whether the LSA in itself causes nausea.

Seems worth experimenting!
My preferred method:

AiL762
#11 Posted : 11/24/2020 10:46:16 AM

\-= Conquer Your Fears =-/

That extract seems pretty easy. Might give it a go. Curious though roughly how much is left ove at that point and what the doses are like?

Plus I think remember reading LSA is very light sensitive? Probably best practice to do the extract in a dim area and store powder in dark container?

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 11/24/2020 2:11:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

FWIW, my best experience with LSA was from eating HBWR seeds after an evening drinking slightly too much brandy. At first I just felt remarkably lethargic and went to bed, but early the following morning - it was midsummer - I woke up and slowly realised that I was in a far from normal mental state. The voice of the plant spirit then commanded me to find salt and water, and to mix up a purging drink. Compliance was the only option.

It was, in hindsight, fairly hilarious as I struggled to force the salt water down my throat. A couple of minutes later it all came out again; I had strolled along a short distance and found the right spot simply to lean over an tip the liquid out of my belly as though emptying a bucket.

Immediately there ensued a visionary overlay of fractal pentagrams with eyes open, and the plant spirit continued to impart - sternly but gently - its wisdom for eight hours. All in all it was a significant experience. YMMV - beware of the dangers of alcohol!

The main point here is that nausea and vomiting was essential to the integrity of the experience. (So take it like the enlightened beings that you are Big grin )

AiL762 - yes it is indeed better to protect your lysergamides from unnecessary illumination.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Jagube
#13 Posted : 11/24/2020 4:51:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My first ever psychedelic experience was with HBWR.
I chewed 6 seeds, kept them in my mouth for 15 minutes or so and spat out the solids.

I'm not sure it was LSA that caused those effects though; isn't it LSH, with LSA being lethargic and non-psychedelic?

It was a wonderful experience; for 8 hours I bathed in a sea of all-body orgasmic waves going through my spine, cleansing, releasing bad energy and untying knots. It was visual too and the music I had playing went very well with it.
The following morning I felt reborn.

My subsequent experiences (which I've had a few, maybe 6-7) were not nearly as wonderful; I've had some ok ones, some bad ones, but no great ones.
I didn't spit out the solids, but ate them, so that may have been one reason.
But seeds vary greatly between batches.

My last experience was just 2 or 3 seeds, CWE'd, and it was nauseating and lethargic, without being psychedelic. Those were over 1 year old seeds.

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 11/24/2020 5:03:10 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Jagube wrote:
I'm not sure it was LSA that caused those effects though; isn't it LSH, with LSA being lethargic and non-psychedelic?

That's what I've been brought to believe; my experience would have been with a significant physiological presence of acetaldehyde from the brandy. I find it hard to believe that LSA would be transformed into LSH by the presence of acetaldehyde but my HBWR seeds were fairly (but not super-)fresh and whatever LSH may have been present would be protected from decomposition into LSA and acetaldehyde by the law of mass action. There was already too much aldehyde present for the decomposition to be favoured.

As far as (other) adducts go, I'm leaving that hot potato alone Wink

Tomtegubbe
#15 Posted : 11/24/2020 6:29:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

The main point here is that nausea and vomiting was essential to the integrity of the experience. (So take it like the enlightened beings that you are Big grin )

The salt water tip was a new one! I wonder have you found other means to make you purge easier? It might indeed sometimes be better idea to just purge than try to fight the nausea, I guess.
My preferred method: