We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lag/jitter/stutter? Options

PsychonautCX
#1 Posted : 11/19/2020 2:43:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering if everyone else experienced visual lag/jitter/stutter on the come up on low/medium doses of spice.

It’s like your vision skips frames. It’s one of the most unsettling visuals I get leading up to and while in candy land/cartoon world.

It starts out with just a couple missed frames per second at low doses(under 15mg) but on 20mg when it ramps up or I hit that candy land/clown waiting room it’s almost like my vision has trouble keeping up with everything I’m seeing so it’s fragmented. Similar to how video used to pixelate if your download was corrupted or your resolution/signal/bandwidth dropped while watching a movie/video.

Anyone experience the same? I did a search on the info pages for lag, stutter and jitter but couldn’t find anything.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Wolfnippletip
#2 Posted : 11/19/2020 3:20:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychonaut Wiki has an extensive list of visual effects:
https://psychonautwiki.o...l_effects_-_Psychedelics

Probably way off, but your description sounds closest to "Scenery Slicing". I've experienced variations of this effect on LSD a couple of times.
https://psychonautwiki.o...ery_Slicing_by_Xanny.gif

My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

PsychonautCX
#3 Posted : 11/19/2020 9:18:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah yes the wiki. Love that place. Really helped me understand the different levels of geometry. Going to have to re-read it now that I am gradually working my way up in dosage. Thanks for the info!

Seeingisbelieving
#4 Posted : 11/20/2020 5:18:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had experiences where everything was extremly dark and static. It led into some interesting realms, mostly a mental headspace where all ideas were universal and conscious of all creation throughout time. This was the fabric of existence. Everything was one.

DMTripz
#5 Posted : 8/3/2021 3:27:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

PsychonautCX wrote:
I was wondering if everyone else experienced visual lag/jitter/stutter on the come up on low/medium doses of spice.

It’s like your vision skips frames. It’s one of the most unsettling visuals I get leading up to and while in candy land/cartoon world.

It starts out with just a couple missed frames per second at low doses(under 15mg) but on 20mg when it ramps up or I hit that candy land/clown waiting room it’s almost like my vision has trouble keeping up with everything I’m seeing so it’s fragmented. Similar to how video used to pixelate if your download was corrupted or your resolution/signal/bandwidth dropped while watching a movie/video.

Anyone experience the same? I did a search on the info pages for lag, stutter and jitter but couldn’t find anything.

Yes! I just searched "dmt skipping frames" and found this thread. As soon as I inhale the vapour, frames start to skip. It's really weird. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

#6 Posted : 8/4/2021 2:44:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Yeah that can be a pretty common aspect that happens when the experience begins to ramp up and accelerate ime. I used to call it visual stutter-stepping.

I have no idea why this happens when things begin to pick up.

PsychonautCX wrote:
it’s almost like my vision has trouble keeping up with everything I’m seeing so it’s fragmented.

Good point, the 'vision having trouble keeping up'. I can certainly see why you'd say that. Interesting observation.

Years back when I first began working with dmt, there were a few occasions [a couple out've many years] to where this stuttered aspect would begin as things within my immediate vicinity began to pick up, but then i'd reached a point to where I had become 'stuck' within this transition period, alot like being caught in the rolling waters of a lowhead dam or set of rapids, not getting out.

Never made it over the hump those times. Visually the slicing/stuttering appeared to be on repeat in some sense with the environment - both external to [and internal to] me.

My entire world [both external and internal] would just keep perpetually falling into dissolution, then slice back/pixelate to reconstruct, then fall back into dissolution. This looped for several minutes until eventually subsiding.

Those couple experiences were my most disconcerting outve the last 12 years of working with dmt. I remember abit about those couple times surprisingly. There were some other things that had happened during this, though I'll leave them out for the sake of brevity and staying on topic.

Tomtegubbe
#7 Posted : 8/4/2021 8:12:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have experienced the jitter. Another experience that has similar disbalanced feeling is losing your body. That happens to me if I begin to waver in my concentration. Once I had a strong experience where I retained my concentration (just focused on breathing) while losing the sense of body. It was one of the most profound and spiritually encouraging experiences I have had.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Voidmatrix
#8 Posted : 8/5/2021 12:04:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Stop Another who has experienced the same.

There have been experiences where I am not sure if I actually opened my eyes because the framework of the experience doesn't change when I try to.

Sometimes, when I notice the skipping or stutter, when I really focus, stay mindful, and pay attention, I notice a kind of hyperspace blip, similar to when Tyler Durden from Fight Club adds in single sexual frames to a reel. It goes by so quick.

So I often wonder, when the stutter happens, is it a change in our perceptual receptivity we're experiencing as it happens? Like the frames are quickly being swapped out from the pragmatic world to hyperspace.

Hope that made sense Big grin

One love
What if the "truth" is: the "truth" is indescernible/unknowable/nonexistent? Then the closest we get is through being true to and with ourselves.

Know thyself, nothing in excess, certainty brings insanity- Delphic Maxims

DMT always has something new to show you Twisted Evil

Question everything... including questioning everything... There's so much I could be wrong about and have no idea...
All posts and supposed experiences are from an imaginary interdimensional being. This being has the proclivity and compulsion for delving in depths it shouldn't. Posts should be taken with a grain of salt. 👽

f1
#9 Posted : 8/5/2021 6:47:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe there is a message in the imagery? or lack of.

Such as to be attentive - stay rooted and Remember to stay present or we can miss moments of aspects of life?

Sounds fun! Thumbs up
In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

Bill Cipher
#10 Posted : 8/5/2021 2:09:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yup. Audio skips as well. Both can be very unsettling.

murklan
#11 Posted : 8/6/2021 11:43:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting... I think I see it as two (at least) different experiences that mentioned in this thread.

One is the stuttering of the visual field.
This I've experienced many many times. For me it is mostly that the eyes cant hold the object still and it jumps back and forth one a line. A bit like if you been turning around yourself for some time and then stops, your eyes can sometimes want to keep on moving.

The other is the whole experience flicking, fragmentation, etc.
This I see as a fuller experience when your total perception of being or reality is effected.

I've thought about the first one (the jumping/mini-looping object) some times. But had never read about others experience of it. Glad that someone brought it up!