We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
bufotenine Options

Mescalito
#1 Posted : 1/16/2010 2:27:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I heard a little rumor that bufotenine won't extract unless warm naptha (or maybe it was the entire solution) is used, hence why many extractors use warm naptha or solution during extractions.

So, I was thinking, in a mimosa extraction could DMT be extracted normally (IE, room temperature) and then re-naptha'd with warm naptha to extract bufotenine as the main chemical seperately.

It all seems feasible to me... Well, there are a few points where I guess it could all fall apart

- the amount of bufotenine in mimosa may be too minute to make it worthwhile
- bufotenine may be so similar in effects to n,n-DMT that theres no point in extracting it seperately (dunno, I've never 'Done Kermit'Pleased
- I heard a little rumour that warm naptha pulls a slight bit of lye out of the extraction. Not enough to do any considerable harm when left with a big pile of DMT, but with a mini pile of bufotenine it may be more considerate

I'm sure you guys know the answer down to a tee. Educate me please
[img]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3631/smallsignature.jpg[/img]

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

sameoldsongam
#2 Posted : 1/16/2010 3:28:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mimosa hostilis does not contain bufotenine to my knowledge.

Bufotenine is considerably different in effects from dmt.

Naptha will not pull lye.

jamie
#3 Posted : 1/16/2010 3:30:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

No bufo in mimosa..you need anadenanthera seeds.
Long live the unwoke.

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 1/16/2010 4:04:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

ive also never heard of warm naphthta pulling bufotenine
it's a sound

soulfood
#5 Posted : 1/16/2010 7:16:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

To pull bufotenine you need DCM/Chloroform/Acetone or IPA. Naphtha is a piss weak solvent.

Get some cebil and IPA for a simple bufotenine tek.

69ron
#6 Posted : 1/16/2010 9:22:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well bufotenine is insoluble in boiling heptane, so I imagine it would also be insoluble in boiling naphtha.

Even in xylene, which is far more polar than naphtha, bufotenine is insoluble in it until it starts to boil. So I seriously doubt it's soluble in warm naphtha.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Mescalito
#7 Posted : 1/17/2010 4:18:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Fair enough. I definitely heard that some extractors use a warm solution for extracting but i guess its for other reasons.

A yopo extraction would be quite interesting, though. How different is a smokable seed extract in comparison to a smokable mimosa extract, then?
[img]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3631/smallsignature.jpg[/img]

soulfood
#8 Posted : 1/17/2010 4:21:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Very different Smile

It's a tryptamine and you smoke it. There the similarity ends.

Bufotenine takes about 60x as long to kick in. Lasts 4-8 times as long as DMT. Has a much more organic "of this earth" feel to it. The vapors are much hotter also. Be prepared Smile Much less headfucking also.

jamie
#9 Posted : 1/17/2010 6:24:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

They really arent much alike at all...the visuals can be similar, i mean they are both very tryptaminish..

Bufo is more visual that DMT and more visionary...bufo is the most visionary entheogen I have ever used..DMT is very visual and visionary as well but you need to take such a high dose for that..

If you were to dose bufo super high the way that people do with DMT..i dont even where that would take one but I hope to find out..

At super high doses of bufotenine there is mindfuck(diff from DMT though, more friendly)..reguardless of what people say, I have been there..and I dont think most people onthis forum have gone that far at all with bufo..rons SWIM prob has and a few others..i am talking large doses past the visionary stage though..at simple visionary doses there isnt mush mindwarp at all just empathic feelings and euphoria with relaxation..I have gotten very close to breaking through to another level altogether with bufo before, and for me that is where the mindwarp begins..

See with bufo you can have visions that match a DMT breakthrough easily while still laying there concious of the body...but then I have appraoched another level as well..so in a way I think bufo might take one farther than DMT..but that level of dosing is hard to get to becasue of nausea..
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#10 Posted : 1/17/2010 7:36:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fractal enchantment, this other higher level you talk about has been discussed before on another forum. The shaman discussing it was a snuff expert, and he said that there are basically 3 dosage levels to the snuff. The one most people experience is level 1 where you get some bodily sensations, mild visual effects, etc. He said this is all people will experience no matter how much they take if the snuff is not properly made. Then there’s level 2 where you have strong visions, but are still very much grounded in reality. This level requires properly made snuff. But then there’s level 3 where it’s a completely immersive experience where you leave your body and enter the spirit world. Few people experience that level. SWIM has not experienced level 3.

The “mind fuck” you talk about is there but it’s not the same as what most people would call “mind fuck”. It’s very mild compared to DMT, and not really the same. For SWIM, at high doses it manifests itself as a marijuana like forgetfulness, where you’re experience the “here and now” and little else.

SWIM has not experience any psychedelic mind “warpage” of thoughts like you might with DMT, but then again, SWIM never reached a completely immersive level 3 experience with bufotenine.

The most SWIM has smoked, if I recall correctly, is 30 mg of pure off-white freebase bufotenine in one shot. The visions seen were fantastic. It was hard to type down the experience while there. SWIM tried really hard. He was sitting in front of the computer and normally he types really fast, but he had a hard time finishing each word. SWIM kept forgetting what he was typing, forgetting why he was typing. He kept losing his train of thought. It was nothing like the typical “mind fuck” but was definitely some level of mental intoxication.

One thing, I think bufotenine effects a lot of people differently. Bufoman writes about using pure freebase bufotenine at high doses and not experiencing true visions. SWIM experiences very detailed visions at high doses and nearly always hears sounds. The sounds are heard as almost real sounds. This is unique to bufotenine for SWIM, and I’ve only heard a few other people report this effect.

I think how some people metabolize bufotenine might be very different. Bufotenine is a natural component of the brain, and we have enzymes specifically made to destroy it. I think bufotenine itself is not the main active alkaloid in the brain, but rather a breakdown product of bufotenine is producing the effects in the brain. This is why the trip duration is long and feels like it’s morphing into a new compound as the trip progresses. Most people note that bufotenine becomes more and more like psilocybin as the trip progresses. The onset is totally nothing like psilocybin, but the tail end of the trip is very similar to psilocybin. I think the compound is actually decomposing or being altered in the brain, so that the actual psychedelic effects are not from bufotenine, but from a new compound being created from it right in the body/brain. This would help explain why so many people report different effects from it.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Oncewas
#11 Posted : 1/17/2010 8:07:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus Mescalito Very happy.
Glad to see another yahookan is searching in the right realm. Smile
- has nothing else to add -