We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Toadman's Mushroom Tincture Recipe: Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 11/27/2008 12:00:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Toadman's Mushroom Tincture Recipe:

Needed Materials:

- 100g of mushrooms (in this case psilocybe cyanescens were used)
- 2 liters of 96.6% ethanol
- electric coffee grinder
- hotplate
- filters (the better the filter, the finer the tincture will be)
- funnels
- 1000ml glass container with tight fitting screw on lid
- evaporation dish with a big surface for fast evaporation

The procedure:

1. grind up all your mushrooms to a fine powder using a coffee grinder. the finer, the better.

2. put all the powder in the 1000ml glass container and fill up the rest of the container with ethanol, leaving some air at the top as the ethanol will expand when heated.

3. get a hot water bath going on the hotplate. put the 1000ml container in the warm water bath and let it sit for about 7 hours. shake well every hour or so for 5 minutes. watch the color of the ethanol and continue this procedude until it gets no darker.

4. strain off the ethanol using a sock, dust mask, cloth tea filter, bandana or whatever you have for this purpose. wring the mushroom powder out as hard as you can to get all the ethanol out. filter and save the ethanol while hot. store this in another container with a screw on lid to prevent any dust or insects flying in. put the mushroom powder back in the 1000ml container and add the same amount of ethanol again.

repeat step 3 and 4 until all your ethanol is used up. if the mushrooms are very potent you might need a little more ethanol. but in my opinion 2 liters is enough for 100g. using more isn't cost efficient as the outcome will be worth less than the ethanol costs.

5. pour all the saved up ethanol in an evaporation dish and put this in the hot water bath on the hotplate. reduce the volume to 100ml. this way your tincture will be easy to dose. 1ml will contain the alkaloids of 1g. this is the most saturated tincture you will get. reducing it more will cause the actives to fall out of the ethanol and collect at the bottom of the jar as dark brown goo. if you're lucky and have used good filters crystals can be precipitated from the reduced solution by cooling it. otherwise brown goo will form, if its still too dirty.

the tincture should be warmed and shaken good before use because it will hold more active compounds when warm.

1 ml = 20 drops (this depends on the kind of fluid it is only an estimation)

peace & light,
the mysterious toadman from far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 12/1/2008 12:56:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

wow, thanx. Def need to try this one day. Ive always got shrooms stored away in jars and would much rather have a nice bottle of blue magical tinctureVery happy...

Ever try the same tek with mimosa??
Long live the unwoke.

lorax
#3 Posted : 12/1/2008 12:39:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nope.. with mimosa it would only yield a very crude extract.(not worth the ethanol) also the tincture isnt blue.. its yellowish and when it cools one can see many white sparkling crystals floating in it. after waiting a week at room temperature in a quiet place the crystals will collect at the bottom. this is in fact nearly pure psilocybin falling out of the tincture while not warm as warm ethanol holds way more psilocybin as when its cold. you may pour off the tincture to retrieve the crystals if you want some..

if exposed to air however they will very quickly oxidize. the toadman usually warms his tincture for a little while and shakes it so the psilocybin will become evenly distributed before taking tincture out of the bottle for consumption.

the toadman is currently experimenting.. he did an extra 100g batch, reduced the whole thing to 100ml and stored it for a week. he retrieved the crystals and is drying them now. then he reduced his 100ml further down to 50ml and is now letting it sit at room temp again for a week to see if more crystals will fall out of the solution. when using really good filters this technique should yield 80-90% product. the toadman is stuck with coffee filters for now.

he stacks 10 filters for each filtration. all in all his tincture goes through about 30 coffee filters before it enters the evaporation container. he also puts some filtercloth into the funnels tube to prevent even finer particles from getting through. he should try microfilters but he is a lazy ass.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

jamie
#4 Posted : 12/2/2008 1:51:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

how is the trip in comparison to ingestinging the mushrooms whole or as a tea?? is ther less stomach discomfort? smoother come down I bet
Long live the unwoke.

lorax
#5 Posted : 12/3/2008 12:38:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

its way smoother than eating fruit bodies. it works only in the mind and not at all on the body. once can dose really high on it without any kind of body load. put 3-5ml in a glass of orange juice. this will be VERY overwhelming! one morning before work fingers were licked which had about 2 drops on them by accident. it tasted VERY bitter and lots of emotional shifts were noticed that morning during work.

it is very cool to add 12 drops of bach rescue remedy to 100ml of tincture. it affects the trip in a very cool way.

reflexion
#6 Posted : 12/3/2008 9:54:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

interesting, lorax!
i get a nasty body load off mushrooms, so this is good to know.
how would you say the rescue remedy affects the experience?
have you experimented with other flower essences, either sober or with psychedelics?

lorax
#7 Posted : 12/4/2008 11:18:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah.. i actually started threads all over the place in many forums to push this idea into the heads of people. i got the whole bach remedy collection. i treat myself, my friends and my cats with them. works like a charm. i think most of the work is being done by your self. by admitting that you have a specific problem you need help with you're kinda taking the first step of solving the problem. if you then take some kind of tincture of which you believe that it will help with your problem it will do so.

i've treated my cats against territorial aggression using flower remedies. i had my male cat for about 1.5 years after i took in a small female cat. they were both trauma cats. she lost her mother at a very young age and i had to teach her even how to play and how to catch bugs and stuff because her mother hadn't. he on the other hand is a very aggressive player and loves chasing small things.. like her for example Pleased. i prepared some goodies with rescue drops on em and every time they start fighting i just call em and give em 2 goodies each containing 1 drop of rescue remedy. that settled the problem right away. it is very important to combine these remedies with good will and positive energy because the remedies themselves only lay down the basic help for building upon.

on psychedelics however i have noticed that these remedies can act quite strong! take some mushrooms.. like a dose you usually get uneasy with at some point in the trip. then when you start feeling uneasy and like you are not at home in your own body. you know those tremors and uneasy feelings of bones jittering in ones body.. stuff like that. then immediatly take 2 drops of rescue remedy under the tongue and leave it there. within 1 second of the drop hitting my tongue i felt a VERY soothing sensation within myself. a warm feeling welcoming me back into my physical body. i already did this a lot of times. worked every time. i even tried it out on friends who were feeling uneasy on trips. same as with me. -worked within seconds.

i can imagine that it could also work very well in the highly sensitive state of mind of a person who has drank ayahuasca.

i thought of adding the rescue drops right away to the tincture. i found that this way it seems to work much smoother. the body seems to be welcoming it more.

FLOWER ESSENCES ARE THE WAY TO GO! they are expensive. but you don't really need much. all i ever managed to use up were the rescue drops. having the whole collection is very cool because you can make mixes to fit the special needs of individuals. but having the rescue drops on you at all times is in my opinion a must for users of psychedelic drugs. keep em with you at all times. you will be able to help people a great deal in many cases.

the greatest thing about this tincture is that it NEVER looses potency. it keeps for ages. and if you are in a area where you just collect way too many mushrooms to eat em all and you don't know many people who take them its the best way to preserve them for a long time.

body load is something i dislike very much as i love to go outside and wandering about when in such hightened states. walking really helps to clear the mind and sort out things.

reflexion
#8 Posted : 12/5/2008 12:05:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

awesome info, lorax. very cool. thanks for sharing.
i've been interested in flower essences for a while now, but have yet to experiement with them.
i'll have to try some rescue remedy on my next trip. thanks again.

jamie
#9 Posted : 12/5/2008 5:21:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya its the tremmors and jittering that get me.. usually I just flop around on the floor until its over..
Even with mushroom tea I get em.
The only psychedelic that doesnt give me any tremors is salvia.
Long live the unwoke.

lorax
#10 Posted : 12/5/2008 11:16:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rescue remedy kills off any tremors instantly! its like suddenly fluffy cotton gets dropped into the jittering places and everything smoothes out and goes with the flow. thats the best description i can give you for how rescue remedy feels on mushroom jitters.

jamie
#11 Posted : 12/23/2008 7:23:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok, i had no ethanol, but i did a test with a few grams of mushrooms and some 99% iso. I added a lil bit of water to the iso cus I cant remember which one, but its either psilocybin or psilocin that needs some water with it for the proper extraction(or so I have read).. its just been soaking for 2 days now in a jar out of the light, and the iso looks yellowy blue. I am going to put the jar into a hot water bath tommorow, and filter and then store away until I can evap it all away and try whatever it dries as sublingually..then il report back Very happy
Long live the unwoke.

KuzeMaf
#12 Posted : 11/17/2020 5:45:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
ok, i had no ethanol, but i did a test with a few grams of mushrooms and some 99% iso. I added a lil bit of water to the iso cus I cant remember which one, but its either psilocybin or psilocin that needs some water with it for the proper extraction(or so I have read).. its just been soaking for 2 days now in a jar out of the light, and the iso looks yellowy blue. I am going to put the jar into a hot water bath tommorow, and filter and then store away until I can evap it all away and try whatever it dries as sublingually..then il report back Very happy

So what happened Jamie? Did you ever develop this project any further?
All is the one....One is the all.

Math. Simple math looks infinite to me.

rOm
#13 Posted : 11/17/2020 5:50:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Twelve years laters, Jamie, did you try it ???
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !