We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Naphtha Interaction? Options

Gegm04
#1 Posted : 11/16/2020 2:32:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I’ve just recently started my DMT journey and I found myself following the Q21Q21 Tek. Excellent Tek and kudos to whoever made it because it is very well written, easy to follow and extremely informative. I also found and followed a post on reddit on how to use a Vape Mod to smoke the DMT. After many failed attempts, including using a crack pipe (which was the sketchiest thing I’ve done in a while), I came up with something that got me to what I think is a level two trip. I saw the kaleidoscope patterns and then ended up in some strange rooms sort of like a Salvador Dali painting.

My problem is the following: during the experiment with the vape mod, I kept getting my tongue and lips numb. I googled the issue and was able to fix the wattage and make it work. However, now I’m feeling these really nerve numbing sensations throughout my body after my sessions. Is this normal? I’m a little concerned it may be residual naphtha that I used as a solvent. Anyone familiar with what vaping or ingesting naphtha does to the body? I couldn’t find much info on the interactions with naphtha.

Thanks to everyone for their advice!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

potnoble
#2 Posted : 11/16/2020 8:44:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Gegm04

This is definetly not right. If DMT is burned it can make your mouth feel weird.
But throughout your body?
I have never heard about that.
You should wait till someone with a little bit more knowledge can answer that.
The only thing i can think of is that your solvent was contaminated with sth. else.
If you haven´t do an evap test and see if there is any residue left.

Anyways i am sure someone else will answer your questions here

Have a gud one
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

Jees
#3 Posted : 11/16/2020 9:52:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When vaping with a pipe, the spot where the smoke stream hits on the tongue, right there the tongue gets a bit numb for some minutes. I don't know if this is just personal or general. I consider it a non annoying non harmful effect.
Numbness over the body, no. It does come with bodily sensations but I can hardy consider that a sort of numbness. Maybe there's a lack of words to describe those feelings, it's very hard to formulate them.

The difference with burned and not burned smoke is day and night, not burned spice is absolutely non harsh, burned is aweful.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 11/16/2020 1:26:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Maybe get your neck checked out? Book a session with a registered osteopath. If this condition persists you ought to seek medical attention (difficult under present circumstances, I know.)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Gegm04
#5 Posted : 11/19/2020 5:19:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks everyone for their responses. Looks like it's not the DMT but a bulging disc on my neck that is cause the weird numbness on my arms. I must have been laying down weirdly when in sessions.

Thinking back to when I was experimenting with microdosing shrooms, I could always know when it would start to kick in when I felt this pressure on my neck.

Anyhow, thanks again to all and good luck out there!

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 11/19/2020 11:53:09 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Wink

Glad you've got this one sorted Love

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli