We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A Thought Options

titus
#1 Posted : 11/14/2020 9:00:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I thought something today that made me very happy.
We have been called into creation by an earth that is billions of years old, and all that we've been asked to do is be a human for just a few decades. Just to be a human ape for a blip of time. Nothing more, nothing less.

Is that really to much to ask? Very happy

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jees
#2 Posted : 11/14/2020 3:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi titus,

titus wrote:
...and all that we've been asked to do is be a human for just a few decades... Nothing more, nothing less...

Cool, but I'm curious what "human" actually means.

Ethical directives? I think you aim at that.
Religious directives?
Law directives?
Natural tendencies directives?
Social media directives?
Personal directives?
Political directives?
Entheogenic directives?
etc etc ... all this stuff is seriously not co-axed, often straight in opposition.

A lot of the times being "human" is pointed towards not-animalistic, not barbaric.
But who the F* do we think we are? I think you had a good call with the ape analogy.
Apes who traded hair for synapses functionality.
Imho there is vanity to find in the human definition, especially in spirituality.
Romanticizing ourselves into higher positions, from there I think the call sprouts to be as such, as if it is not too much asked to be better than we actually are.

I think we can be ethical all we want, despise most of our basal natural stretches, to think only of love and friendship. I think it's possible in theory, but not in the natural suit we come in. Wishful thinking. Something WILL rumble from far below the lid you're sitting on, a present from mother nature. A gnarly piece of nature will come and surprises the holy values to shreds.

I'm not pessimistic, rather optimistic.
Be fair what you are, and you might have a better chance of guiding it instead of sitting on top of that lid where you put half of yourself under. One can wipe just that much of dirt under the carpet.

Love

PS: I might have read you all wrong about this topic, but then be more clear please Rolling eyes
PS2: sorry for the rant Big grin

Seeingisbelieving
#3 Posted : 11/14/2020 5:18:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In reality the task we have been given through evolution is Guardian of Nature. We are failing.

Jees
#4 Posted : 11/14/2020 7:10:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Seeingisbelieving wrote:
In reality the task we have been given...
Q: By whom then?
A: by ourselves.
If you think to be higher, better, more refined, more evolved, .... than reality as provided by mother nature, yes then be very disappointed.

Personally I'm through with the self blame self guild game, leads to nowhere other than tears, it stalemates and sniffs depressive imho.
It does not tend to start to understand why the failure happened, it does not investigate in the not-reached-expectations that were put forth like a dogma. Failing should be expected and welcomed as the very only teacher we have. I wouldn't put 'failing' as a goal (but rather consider it unavoidable) just as much as I would not put not-failing as a goal. Stop putting lead in your shoes?

Raising the bar as a motivational tek? To fuel ambition?
ok, I get that, but there are limits, overshoot and get depressed.

I would raise the bar too but foremost a tad differently, not particularly how high we "should" fly (and subsequent cry when that doesn't happen), but raising the bar in investigating what ball-and-chain holds us down in the first place, and when succeeding in that (a bit goes a long way) you get to understand why people behave as they do, instead of being disappointed and call out blame, even towards your very own self. Understanding can be curative to polarization imho.
I truly believe that when one get's a degree of hold, a grip, an understanding of the natural drives behind the mental reasoning, detecting the ballast that holds us selves down, then going up is a matter of time and that is a very promising and optimistic feeling.
Love

Seeingisbelieving
#5 Posted : 11/15/2020 3:12:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I totally agree with you Jees. I had a dmt session a couple months ago and it surprised me. I was meditating out in nature and out of the geometries that I was seeing, a woman's voice was heard .(I'm a male btw) She implied that she was nature herself. She explained that we are only given one life ( this is a common theme when I take psychedelics) and I am not to take it for granted. In this life I am living I have had the opportunity to feel at one with all of nature, time and space. I cant say I know for sure but science is hinting at it. Everything may be connected through elementary particles and further. I can actually see and feel these connections on psychedelics. I'm assuming all of us here have experienced similar feelings. I do not know if you've had children (I have 2) but I have found that being nurturing is a very basic instinct. Recently I have come to feel nurturing to all living things. I know there are people out there who do not care or don't want to be held accountable for the most basic choices they take for granted every day but I think that we should be held accountable because like you said, the failures are what carry us foreword and help to make this world a better place.

Jees
#6 Posted : 11/15/2020 12:02:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lovely post and well said Love
Seeingisbelieving wrote:
...Recently I have come to feel nurturing to all living things...
Now I see better where you're coming from.

"Having the task to care..." can have different grounds. Some grounds come from straight obeying/regurgitating spiritual advice, these motivations I find sheepish hollow and don't carry much gravity imho, like acting "being good". I don't call it wrong, just without much of heft/leverage.

I hear your call for nurturing come from love, this is gold imho.
It is this kind of love that comes from deep waters beyond reasoning. It is this what I refer to as "understanding". Even if one doesn't agree at all with someone, there's still this force of knowing the other's pain/struggles beyond their weird reasoning, and makes up for bridging polarization.

In de deep roots of mother nature people do understand each other while in the mind and reason it might be very well the opposite. If we can only can learn to see trough the hard shell of differences. Entheogens are helpful in many cases. Then this deeper love equals the feel to love and nurtures all.
Singing to the choir for many, but I've the feel to maybe inspire. I've no kids, so maybe that's why Laughing

Love