We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT compared to LSD Options

GordonFreem4nn
#1 Posted : 11/12/2020 9:05:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering, dmt experiences are super interesting but i wonder ... I have never managed to get my hands on some Truly good acid and thats why i would love to know what the difference is between a dmt breaktrough experience and a breaktrough lsd trip ( ofcourse i know the durations are different and the come ups are different ) .

much regard
when the doors of perception are open we can experience the full scope of reality

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tomtegubbe
#2 Posted : 11/12/2020 10:11:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting topic. I don't know if you can talk about similar breakthrough with LSD as you can with DMT. To me it's been more like you can go deeper and deeper with acid, but I haven't experienced similar threshold as with DMT.

I am not very experienced with acid, but each time I have taken it, the experience has been super intellectual. I have been able to perceive layers of reality very sharply and I have very clear memories of the realizations I have had.

For me the main characteristic of LSD has been the intellectual and aesthetic trip. For DMT it is spiritual and for psilocybin emotional. Of course they do overlap.

I'd love to hear too, how others with experience compare these.

Of the major common psychedelics I have never had the chance to take mescaline. I am very curious to know how it compares to the tryptamines.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

GordonFreem4nn
#3 Posted : 11/12/2020 10:18:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting Tom ! Thx for sharing, i love the comparison with the intellectual, spiritual, and emotional flavors of trips.

when the doors of perception are open we can experience the full scope of reality

Seeingisbelieving
#4 Posted : 11/13/2020 12:08:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IME you visit the same mental realms on both but DMT opens up different doors which in turn open up other realities that are extremely interactive and spiritual, like dreams. Strong LSD trips are like waiting room experiences on DMT, but thats just like my opinion man.
Nick Sand is reported to be the first to vape DMT and also one of the most important legendary human beings to ever live..listen to what the man had to say

GordonFreem4nn
#5 Posted : 11/13/2020 11:00:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thx, always love listening to new interesting people !

Northerner
#6 Posted : 11/13/2020 7:35:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LSD has been my favourite psychedelic forever, I've taken it hundreds of times over decades. Unlike DMT there is no actual breakthrough point for me, there is just infinite layers where i can travel deeper until reality collapses. The visuals are a kaleidoscopic strobe effect with plenty of fractals thrown in. Rarely does anything materialise out of the soup, it just remains swirling chaos, though I have had hallucinations where things have appeared to me made out of gold light with rainbow edges. Music is absolutely heavenly and sounds like the best music I ever heard, every time. On higher doses I often get synesthesia and can see or taste music, sometimes both at the same time. On lower doses I can appear completely normal and as long as I don't tell anyone I'm tripping they don't realise.

There can be difficulties though, it's not all magic all the time. Things can become very confusing at times and I've ended up wandering around in the forest looking for spirits in the dark more than once. Basic concepts like time and money can be very difficult to grasp, telephones very difficult to use, so I now know better than to go further than walking distance from my home if I'm diving deep. My memory can also cut out on higher doses and leave me coming to in places I didn't expect, or have me portal jumping between scenes/places where I don't remember any of the travel nor how I got there. Things can also suddenly become quite stressful if unexpected stuff I don't like happens, my coping abilities can vary.

And of course the duration, it can be very long. While light doses can wear of in 10-12 hours, heavy doses can last 18 hours or more. That in itself is can sometimes be arduous, but other times amazing. I usually like the long tail end and will just find a place to be quiet, watch a film or two until sleep arrives. On the rare occasion my head has just had too much of the vortex by then and I tap out, eat a pile of melatonin and diazepam and sleep the rest away.

Anyhow, I could go on and on. Like DMT, seeing is believing. The best way to know what it is about is to try the experiment for yourself.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Ramma
#7 Posted : 11/13/2020 11:15:09 PM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Interesting topic. I don't know if you can talk about similar breakthrough with LSD as you can with DMT. To me it's been more like you can go deeper and deeper with acid, but I haven't experienced similar threshold as with DMT.

I am not very experienced with acid, but each time I have taken it, the experience has been super intellectual. I have been able to perceive layers of reality very sharply and I have very clear memories of the realizations I have had.

For me the main characteristic of LSD has been the intellectual and aesthetic trip. For DMT it is spiritual and for psilocybin emotional. Of course they do overlap.

Of the major common psychedelics I have never had the chance to take mescaline. I am very curious to know how it compares to the tryptamines.

mescaline can have as deep visions or more deep than shrooms. mescaline lasts like 16hs and is like speed so you have crazy energy. You might be able to see patterns around everything and to see in HD as if your whole percepction has been enhanced and modified. Mescaline is kind of what the afterglow of changa might be if the afterglow of changa lasted 16hs instead of 10-50min.
Behold, a sower went out to sow

VibeSurfer
#8 Posted : 11/14/2020 5:45:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ramma wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:

mescaline can have as deep visions or more deep than shrooms. mescaline lasts like 16hs and is like speed so you have crazy energy. You might be able to see patterns around everything and to see in HD as if your whole percepction has been enhanced and modified. Mescaline is kind of what the afterglow of changa might be if the afterglow of changa lasted 16hs instead of 10-50min.

How much mescaline are you taking that it lasts 16 hours?
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

GordonFreem4nn
#9 Posted : 11/14/2020 7:14:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Northerner, love the way you described your tasting and seeing of music ! That sounds amazing:-) i had a couple of nice acid trips don't get me wrong, lets say 4 out of 25 trips have been amazing (beeing able to see the web or air around me and pushing it around to see it ripple in the air, and one time i saw lots of lots of colors, lol had it shootout of my friends head while she was riding me Very happy !
But here in my country there are little good sources for decent lucy.
I looked up on how to synthesize it, but all of the guides say : WARNING EXPERIENCE NEEDED ! Too many ways to fuck up and harm myself / enviroment.

soulfood
#10 Posted : 11/15/2020 2:41:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

All I'm saying is a DMT breakthrough will put you on your back. An LSD breakthrough may get you locked in a cell, tied to a tree or have your friends sat on you trying to shove valium down your throat.

Then on the other hand I have never managed to eat to much mescaline Smile

GordonFreem4nn
#11 Posted : 11/15/2020 2:04:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hahaha, damn sir, what you doing ? You running around naked in the subway when breaking through ? Very happy hahaha

soulfood
#12 Posted : 11/15/2020 3:43:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GordonFreem4nn wrote:
hahaha, damn sir, what you doing ? You running around naked in the subway when breaking through ? Very happy hahaha

Heck knows!

At one point I remember a whole bunch of fire engines and ambulances driving at me which I just kept punching into the sky, but I hear it on good authority I was just picking a fight with a metal fence.

Jin
#13 Posted : 11/17/2020 5:30:11 AM

yes

I agree with soulfood , LSd breakthroughs are crazy and the worst part is it keeps going on and on for a really long time I tripped straight for 24 hours once (1200mics) , I did'nt even know whether I would make it out alive

Same with repeated or strong doses of Ayahuasca ,

The wonderful part about DMT is that it's definitely stronger than LSd but you're back sooner and while LSd can keep one half in and half out of this world , DMT takes you places that are so far out and so beautiful that you wish you're dead and don't need to come back

Edit: one can also dose Ayahuasca in such a way that it reaches DMT breakthrough but then one is going to wish one was really dead and won't have to go through it anymore
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

GordonFreem4nn
#14 Posted : 11/17/2020 7:51:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did it put your thoughts in a loop soulfood ? I had that a once and it is indeed frightning, i hid under my bedsheet for 30 mins and it was ok Very happy.
But i had some weird thoughts during those loops ... Quite gruweling tbh.

soulfood
#15 Posted : 11/17/2020 10:05:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

GordonFreem4nn wrote:
Did it put your thoughts in a loop soulfood ? I had that a once and it is indeed frightning, i hid under my bedsheet for 30 mins and it was ok Very happy.
But i had some weird thoughts during those loops ... Quite gruweling tbh.

The thing is on this particular trip I wasn't frightened at all.

I was at a festival with some friends and the vibes were really good. One moment I was laughing because one of my friends turned into Fonzie from happy days and emitted a cool refereshing breeze everytime I touched him (Orion from this forum) and my other friend looked like a pig wearing at hat, rolling around in the mud.

Was surrounded by witches and goblins on the dance floor after 4 tabs of an unknown dose about 3 hours in. Then my other friend on the same dose suggested we had 4 left so may aswell eat another 2 each.

So then stuff gets a little hazy. I recall running forwards and half of the sky was day, half night with half the moon and the sun joined in the middle. A girl I hadn't seen in years pumped liquid nitrogen in my eyes with a syringe, then punched me which caused reality to shatter like glass.

At one point I was on a talk show where the host replayed moments of my life via emotions. I smashed a bunch of emergency service vehicles into the sky like I was superman, was set on fire, shot into space, buried in a coffin. At one point all I could see was the google home page and it seemed the whole world was online and anything they typed into the search engine would happen to me, including some very exotic, blissful digital painkillers?!

I remember at one point I was down on my knees in the mud with worms and all sorts of bug crawling all over me, then I thought of my friend and his wife from Finaland and these soft fluffy wolf skin blankets appeared out from underneath it all and I had a good snuggle.

Anyway I woke up on the floor of the medical tent with a bruised nose and I had lost my shirt. A security guard was giving me a lecture but I couldn't really focus on what he was saying because his face was on fire. So I got up and walked outside. It was daytime again and we had dosed just before sunset. There was all loadsa bunches of balloons and Chinese dragons flying through the sky and I remember thinking "I must have somehow got to a different festival because those weren't there before. For some reason I walked up to a bin bag tied to a fence and my hoody was in it. Somehow I must have known. But my shirt was never found.

Anyway I saw my friends fighting to keep their tentpegged down in the wind and deicded I was actually at the right festival. Orion pops up and says "You were fucked last night!" Then I went to my tent and slept until the evening.

In terms of perceived anxiety I have had much more emotionaly unpleasant trips on siginificantly lower doses. So yeah I got pretty lucky, but I won't try it again. Apparently my friend who procured the acid told his supplier about how much we had taken and her chin dropped on the floor.

Tomtegubbe
#16 Posted : 11/17/2020 10:20:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great trip report, soulfood! The funniest part is that it's relatable 😄 Although the extent of the craziness is quite unique. 😎
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Ramma
#17 Posted : 11/18/2020 9:50:36 AM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

VibeSurfer wrote:
Ramma wrote:
Tomtegubbe wrote:

How much mescaline are you taking that it lasts 16 hours?

24 inches bridgesii,, very strong.
Behold, a sower went out to sow

soulfood
#18 Posted : 11/18/2020 10:45:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's crazy long how mescaline can last.

I had a trip on a home grown torch a couple of years back that exceeded 20 hours. I still haven't found a point with cactus where I'd look back and think "yeah, that was too much".

Someday maybe.

This is actually something I love about mescaline. For me it doesn't seem to have that ego disolving property, at least at doses I have tried. As someone who is quite unsure and anxious in many situations, Mescaline puts me in invincible mode where I love the world and the world loves me, but in the most masculine way. It is a great aid to language. I see lots of similarities with lower does of LSD as the stimulant effect lifts my mood and sharpens my mind. But thoughts are much more streamlined. It's a very sober kind of trip compared to LSD. LSD is... edgey.

On the flipside, freebase DMT has a way of eliminating the capacity for human language as we know it. There is a point where this is very apparent where the ego just about still lingers, but in the fashion of a motor that you're trying to fire up, but it just won't start. I once thought that perhaps what people call the DMT language was my own inner voice failing to initiate as normal. At times when I have had disphoric trips on DMT I have held onto that thought that I can't think until the point where the substance has faded enough that the thought begins to think and then it loops and loops. Only happend a couple of times, but it's very strange.

But then with Ayahuasca I can retain language well into the out of body realm. But usually English is not spoken to me, but my brain decodes the information received into English if that makes sense?

Just to throw mushrooms in here. That's a funny one, as it can make language flow in a way I can never fathom in a "sober" state, but then can drop me in my tracks at the drop of a hat leaving me thoughtless and mute out of nowhere. But that's usually before breakthrough levels. I broke through on mushrooms once. First time it happened to me with a psychedelic and it was all white light and angels. I didn't resist. But it changed my value system forever.

dragonrider
#19 Posted : 11/20/2020 2:57:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To me, LSD has a higher recreational value.
It also seems to have a narrative dimension for me, wich is something i tend to realy like. It feels like any experience with it is like a story of it's own. Sometimes a big epic story, sometimes a short story, sometimes with a little lesson at the end, but always multi-layered and meaningfull.

DMT, and shrooms as well btw, seem to lack that quality for me. I find it harder to distill any meaning from them. With these two tryptamines, things just are.

With bufotenin or yopo actually, it is possible to have very short DMT-like breakthrough experiences on LSD, i've noticed, without having to take very large quantities of it, that would unavoidably cause unpleasant physical side-effects like nausea.
It is very enjoyable as well. Very euphoric stuff. Easy to binge on. You can easily find yourself doing it 20 times during a single acid trip.

It lasts about 5 to 10 minutes and is very easy to handle. And very low mindfuck potential, compared to DMT.

GordonFreem4nn
#20 Posted : 11/21/2020 10:55:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, thanks for all this information ! Somehow lsd found me in the original liquid form, can't wait to try it out !
Another question ... I have try'd something a couple of times now and it seems to work every time.

I set an intent, asking a question nursery rhyme style and it amazes me how far this takes me compared to just going in without putting any thought in it.

Anyone here who does the same thing ?

Much love & respect from Here ^^

12NEXT