CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Years first Amanita Muscaria Options

Tony6Strings
#21 Posted : 10/29/2020 9:24:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This wall hugger was still mostly covered in dirt! The top of the cap burst from the ground today, was growing directly up against a building.
Tony6Strings attached the following image(s):
IMG_20201029_134641.jpg (623kb) downloaded 103 time(s).
IMG_20201029_134608.jpg (655kb) downloaded 102 time(s).
IMG_20201029_134556.jpg (718kb) downloaded 102 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Psychedelic news, articles, interviews and art from the DMT-Nexus and other sources.

Tony6Strings
#22 Posted : 11/5/2020 6:35:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As a button, this cap was shaped like a buttocks. This is how it grew out.
IMG_20201105_103244.jpg (1,920kb) downloaded 80 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

rOm
#23 Posted : 11/6/2020 8:55:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

have you tried yet Tony6Strings ?
You can start low, brew 5 grams and sip like 2 grams worth first. wait some time, like 30 min to see if you want to sip more.. it's way easier than psilos in low doses.
But if you wanna trip, you can also mix this doses with psilos mushrooms or LSD dose.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Tony6Strings
#24 Posted : 11/6/2020 9:27:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not yet rOm. They've been on my mind lots lately. Thank you for the encouragement, I will try a low dose soon.
olympus mon wrote:

Tony6Strings
#25 Posted : 11/7/2020 1:11:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Another fly agaric.
IMG_20201106_163502.jpg (1,822kb) downloaded 55 time(s).
IMG_20201106_163507.jpg (1,775kb) downloaded 54 time(s).
olympus mon wrote:

AliRadicali
#26 Posted : 11/8/2020 11:33:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've been collecting and experimenting with Amanita Muscaria since early October, but then I found a giant patch of Amanita Pantherina growing within walking distance from my house. My first recreational dose of amanita muscaria was rather anticlimactic, it made me feel persistently nauseous and after about two hours or so it knocked me out. However, I've read that that's often the case for the first time on amanita mushrooms.

Now the second time, whoah. This time I mixed pantherina and muscaria, unaware of the difference in muscimol levels. I did a 15 gram tea w/ lemon with probably about 8 grams of pantherina stems and caps, and had the most amazing, life altering dream. It's hard to describe, but in short it felt like I'd reached singularity, which was at once exhilarating as well as frightening. It felt like I was hurtling forward/downward, while switching between the perspectives of billions of people in a fraction of a second.
I woke up spasming and still half-delirious and ended up bruising myself pretty badly, but overall I'd say the trip was worth it. Would definitely recommend easing into it and treating A. Pantherina as roughly 5-7 times as powerful a substance as A. Muscaria.

Also, whether you're using muscaria or pantherina, if you have a convection oven, dry them at ~ 75 degrees celsius. This will convert some amount of ibotenic acid into muscimol, which is the compound that's supposed to be more trip-inducing rather than vomit-inducing. The same is true for adding lemon juice to the tea, it'll convert about the same amount of ibotenic acid into muscimol.

Exitwound
#27 Posted : 11/9/2020 6:09:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've posted it here already, but here is my receipe to success with Amanita Muscaria:
- Process gathered mushrooms, remove all moldy/slimy/wormy/rotten parts
- Leave drying naturally for 40 days at least (we spread them on tablecloth)
- Grind them and store them in glass jars
- When need to ingest arises, simmer for 2.5 hours on low heat with pH 3.0-3.5 (lemon acid or juice)
- Discard solids, drink liquid

With this method liquid form is roughly 1.5-2 more times potent than dry powder form, be careful!

I have never worked with pantherina and will probably refrain myself from doing so, as I see no reason why I should risk physical injuries Smile
Watch Stamets' pantherina trip depiction (youtube) for a good example of what amanita overdose can do to you.

Tony6Strings
#28 Posted : 11/9/2020 3:50:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Exit, I dry mine the same way. This year I have removed and thrown out the stems, because last year all the fly agaric I picked turned to maggots on the drying plates. I recalled Null saying something about larvae in the stems. So far so good this year, everything has dried, no maggots!!

I dried a couple in the oven as per an idea in this thread. They turned black on the gills while drying. Looks gross! Looks like a rotten brain!!

I will attach a pic of some dried amanitas shortly.
olympus mon wrote:

AliRadicali
#29 Posted : 11/9/2020 6:56:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
Exit, I dry mine the same way. This year I have removed and thrown out the stems, because last year all the fly agaric I picked turned to maggots on the drying plates. I recalled Null saying something about larvae in the stems. So far so good this year, everything has dried, no maggots!!

I dried a couple in the oven as per an idea in this thread. They turned black on the gills while drying. Looks gross! Looks like a rotten brain!!

I will attach a pic of some dried amanitas shortly.

If the gills turn black the mushrooms are getting too hot and getting cooked. You'll probably also notice a bunch of liquid seeping out of the mushies when this happens, which is bad as this will contain a significant amount of the IBO/MUS. If you're drying at the right temperature the gills should turn a pale yellow to golden-brown colour. The red cap will probably darken a bit toward the middle, but it should still remain a dark-red colour.

I've found that drying gills-up and regularly moving the caps around helps prevent cooking, which usually occurs when air/moisture is trapped under the cap, like when you put a lid on a pan. Spacing your caps out also greatly reduces the risk that they'll get too hot in the oven while drying.
With very young bulb-shaped mushroom caps I tend to split them down the middle before drying, because these do have a tendency to trap water and cook themselves no matter how you place them in the oven.

Edit: added some pics, these are all pantherina mushrooms from the same drying, as you can see the results were *ahem* mixed.

Ideally, you'll want all your caps to look like the ones toward the left. Older caps do tend to dry a bit worse than caps that are firm and fresh. They usually end up looking like the one left of center, a bit brownish with more wavy gills.
As you can see in the pic below, the mushroom on the left was not playing the game during the drying process.

From the look of it the bottom half stuck itself to the paper It was drying on and then cooked itself. I still wouldn't throw these out though, I keep these overcooked mushies separate and just use them earlier than the ones that dried out well.

PREV12