We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How bad of a mistake? Dry Tek Options

JKW
#1 Posted : 10/31/2020 4:29:19 PM

Like a stone in the shoe...

I went ahead with this tek for extraction of 112gm of Peruvianus powdered:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ene_Mescaline_Extraction because it seemed like the friendliest.

But of course, I had to potentially fuck it up.
I spaced out for a moment, and realized I put the limonelle immediately after mixing the lime to the cactus powder and water. I did not mix it for 5 minutes as the tek calls for.

Any foreseeable problems or solutions?

If I don't get a yield on the first vinegar pull, should I add more lime before the second limonelle pull and mix it as I should have in the first place?

Right now it's sitting in the limonelle. I was thinking of leaving it alone for about 24 hours.

Advice will be appreciated.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 10/31/2020 8:42:05 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It's fine. You can see if the limo has pulled anything or just pour it off and add more lime.
5 minutes seems like a pretty short time for powdered cactus to hydrate and digest. There's no harm and potentially quite a benefit to leaving it for (much) longer - but the longer you leave the cactus lime paste, the more sensible it becomes to add more extra lime as the mixture absorbs CO2 from the atmosphere.

I've done basically the same thing as you before and the first pulls yielded very little. A month or so later, after drying out the paste, more water and lime was added and allowed to react for a good half an hour before the limo pulls. Subsequently backsalting into vinegar was rather more fruitful the second time around.

One thing to be aware of is that some lime dust inevitably will make its way into the limo. This will react with the vinegar to produce calcium acetate which causes the yield to become overestimated. A good way of recognizing calcium acetate is that the white powder turns into a gel when added to high-proof ethanol or isopropanol (which is actually the basis for many fire-lighting gels).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

JKW
#3 Posted : 10/31/2020 10:20:45 PM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
It's fine. You can see if the limo has pulled anything or just pour it off and add more lime.
5 minutes seems like a pretty short time for powdered cactus to hydrate and digest. There's no harm and potentially quite a benefit to leaving it for (much) longer - but the longer you leave the cactus lime paste, the more sensible it becomes to add more extra lime as the mixture absorbs CO2 from the atmosphere.

I've done basically the same thing as you before and the first pulls yielded very little. A month or so later, after drying out the paste, more water and lime was added and allowed to react for a good half an hour before the limo pulls. Subsequently backsalting into vinegar was rather more fruitful the second time around.

One thing to be aware of is that some lime dust inevitably will make its way into the limo. This will react with the vinegar to produce calcium acetate which causes the yield to become overestimated. A good way of recognizing calcium acetate is that the white powder turns into a gel when added to high-proof ethanol or isopropanol (which is actually the basis for many fire-lighting gels).

Thank you! How can I tell if the limo pulled anything?

soulfood
#4 Posted : 10/31/2020 11:01:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Just salt it out then see what you get.

Dry teks are very forgiving. Kind of like a cake that doesn't want to bake compared to the emulsion-fest that liquid extraction can be. If you're unsure of your inital reaction, seperate your limonene and put it to one side. Maybe add the tiniest bit of water to your mix to push out excess limonene, then give it a good stir and proceed as normal.

If you had goodies in your original material, you will get it.

JKW
#5 Posted : 11/1/2020 4:57:10 PM

Just evaporated the vinegar. The yield is 300 mg.

Went ahead an added lime and water to the cactus. After 30 minutes I added the limo. Now it's a big soup. Letting it sit overnight. We'll see tomorrow.

Really appreciate your help.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 11/2/2020 1:11:42 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

With a lime tek, dough is better than sludge/soup. Kneading it with a fork under the limo maximizes contact between the phases, and pouring the limo off afterwards is a doddle.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

JKW
#7 Posted : 11/3/2020 12:44:58 PM

Got a lot of something out of it. Now I just have to test it Big grin

JKW
#8 Posted : 11/4/2020 10:46:32 PM

Had 900 mg of the stuff an all I feel is a light stoning. Sad