We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Shoes made from mycelium! Options

BnaiRagshee
#1 Posted : 11/2/2020 6:39:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.reddit.com/r...om_shoe_prototype_by_me/

This guy is "growing" shoes. Paving the way for another avenue of renewable shoes!

From the post:

Mushroom Shoes: The rise of “Fast Fashion” and fashion’s reliance on fossil fuels is harming the planet in numerous ways. Most shoes today are made of some form of plastic and due to detailed manufacturing methods 95% of shoes end up in landfills. Shoes are unfortunately the most environmentally damaging part of your wardrobe.

Mushrooms can eat almost anything and I believe they will help humans heal the planet. Mushroom Mycelium is the root system that breaks down organic waste material to create a strong flexible material known as a mycelium block. This is my first prototype of a mushroom shoe, but I believe there’s so many opportunities to experiment and create a new shoe manufacturing process. This is a very basic shoe design, but I hope to design a complex and functional shoe soon. By using an organic cotton sock I was able to let the mycelium eat into the fabric, so I didn’t have to sew anything.

With creative solutions we can find our way out of humanities reliance on fossil fuels.
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dithyramb
#2 Posted : 11/2/2020 9:28:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's amazing, thank you!
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo