We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Super potent magic mushroom tincture drops anyone? Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 2/22/2020 7:26:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi All,

So recently this very potent magic mushroom tincture crossed my path...little blue drops, predominantly alcohol-based I think. Highly potent, essentially the mushroom answer to liquid LSD. Three drops was sufficient for a nice time, six drops and you're apparently starting to enter deeper waters. Until I had encountered this, I wasn't aware of a mushroom extract existing in such a highly potent form. Not that it isn't feasible I guess, but this was an excellent and very convenient way of using psilocybin, very smooth and easy on the body, and reliable dosing, easy to titrate oneself to their desired level of ascendancy.

Has anyone else encountered this? And does anyone with more advanced chemistry knowledge than I know how one might go about preparing such a potent tincture?

Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 2/22/2020 8:12:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know much about chemistry, but for how long could such a tincture be stored?

Just dried shrooms stay potent for about as long as you could possibly want them to. But in a tincture, i suppose the active molecules are constantly being exposed to water and oxygen.

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 2/23/2020 1:25:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard there are enzymes in P. cubensis and when the mushrooms are dried, the psilocybin will degrade (or be converted into the much more fragile psilocin) and the mushrooms will lose potency over time, even if slowly. In a concentrated tincture, these enzymes aren't likely to be an issue. I've done a little bit of research and I've not heard of issues of potency loss when it is in this form...I think keeping it in a dark glass vial to shield it from light and keeping it refrigerated between uses will probably be sufficient for long-term storage.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 2/23/2020 9:22:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Actually it's kinda the inverse, quick drying will for the most part prevent the enzymes from converting psilocybin to psilocin so mushrooms remain stable when dried. Here's what Trout has to say:

"Unlike psilocin, which is readily oxidized, psilocybin is stable enough to be detectable for many years in herbariums (Dried psilocybin shrooms appear to remain usable for around 9 years or sometimes longer if kept in proper storage; shrooms which contain psilocin often appear to rapidly degrade in storage)"

There's another paper I read (gotta find the source later) that frozen dried mushrooms showed no degradation but room temperature dried mushrooms do eventually degrade.

As for what's in your tincture, my hypothesis is that either it was not alcohol, or it was not psilocybin.

Here's some data:

Psilocybin
Slightly soluble (“difficultly”) in ethanol (Merck index)

Slightly soluble = 0.1g to 1g in 100ml (according to this random website)
so 1ml ethanol dissolves 1mg - 10mg psilocybin (likely lower end since another paper quotes it as almost insoluble)
1ml = 20 drops
so 1 drop = 50 micrograms to 500 micrograms psilocybin

Sounds unlikely you can get such a potent dose with a couple of drops. Unless maybe there was more water in the alcohol, this could make a difference in solubility since according to Hofmann 1971, psilocybin is readily water soluble. Not sure how water content affects stability and how much is needed to significantly increase solubility in ethanol.

Psilocin on the other hand is more soluble in ethanol so at least solubility-wise it would make sense, but its way more unstable so Im not sure that could be the case.

Psilocin
Soluble in ethanol (Clarke's 1986)

Soluble = 3.3g to 10g in 100ml
so 1ml = 30-100mg
1ml = 20 drops
so 1 drop = 1.5 - 5mg

Is it possible it was 4-AcO-DMT? Not sure 4-AcO-DMT's solubility in ethanol, can't find data on it, but it occured to me that was it. If you put a drop on some paper it should stain black after some minutes.

Another possibility is it wasn't ethanol-based tincture but something else.

Do you still have access to those drops?

Bancopuma
#5 Posted : 2/23/2020 12:26:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi endlessness,

Thanks, as always, for your input dude. Funny as I was just going to message you about this. Thumbs up

I hear you regarding the psilocin degradation...I think likely the main reason fresh mushrooms pack so much more of a wallop than dried is there's more of this joining the party. So these enzymes are essentially deactivated once the fungal matter is dry? And yes Cubensis mushrooms stored at room temperature definitely do lose potency if stored at room temperature. From what you're saying though, it seems that these drops could be a viable source of magic if the stability of the fragile psilocin could be assured...with 6 drops being in the range of 9-30mg. Even without considering the psilocybin, the middle range of this would be sufficient to impart robust effects I think.

I did have my doubts that a dose of psilocybin could be concentrated into a few drops of liquid which is why I wanted to bring this up here. I think these drops all come from one source as far as I'm aware, who claims to pick and grow his own mushrooms to make up this extract, but he's not the kind of character one would associate with this kind of activity, funny vibes I think. 4-AcO-DMT is certainly a possibility, but its potency doesn't differ much from psilocybin...I'm guessing it could have a different solubility profile in ethanol and water?

I'm pretty sure it was a predominantly ethanol-based tincture but I could be mistaken. If I was able to source some of this, do you think it might be feasible to run an analysis on this? I would be very interested to find out what's going on here.

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 2/23/2020 1:42:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know how stable psilocin or 4-AcO-DMT is in alcohol, but i once thought about dosing miprocin volumetrically, so i googled something like "volumetric miprocin" and learned that miprocin as well as metocin and 4-HO-DPT, very quickly degrade in water. Within 24 hours, all of your miprocin or metocin or procin would be gone.

EphemeralTruth
#7 Posted : 4/24/2020 5:07:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Probably 4-ACO-DMT, as others have said.

Wolfnippletip
#8 Posted : 4/24/2020 5:09:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Please remove the sourcing and darkweb reference.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

lysurgeon
#9 Posted : 8/22/2020 2:27:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had success utilizing Jochen Gartz's technique. Swapping ether for chloroform, and then titrating into aqueous solution of a reducing acid like citric or tartaric, and gently evaporating the water. From that point, it was easy to dissolve the alkaloids into an amount of 95% ethanol consistent with 1 drop = 1 milligram. This "tincture" starts out yellow and ends up brown after some months, but it retains its activity.

This is my preferred method for dosing on psilocin as a means of bringing a little joy into my life, as well as being a functional silver bullet against migraine attacks, from which I suffer on occasion.

DoingKermit
#10 Posted : 8/22/2020 9:14:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had what I presume are the same drops, Banco. Dark blue/green in colour with one drop being more than a microdose. 6 definitely get you there. A friend of mine and myself have tried on a couple occasions to make a ticture of this calibre with little success. It crossed my mind that it could be 4aco, but it does have a slight earthy taste, which lends me to believe the source is from our fungal allies.

I too would be interested in a lab analysis.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 8/23/2020 8:54:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

That's an awesome snippet from lysurgeon (long time no see). Would-be mushroom extracters take note.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Bancopuma
#12 Posted : 10/27/2020 11:45:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting stuff lysurgeon. Just to let anyone interested know, someone else had a sample of these suspiciously potent "magic mushroom drops" analysed and they were 4-AcO-DMT/psilacetin as suspected by some. Guess we can close the file on this one Thumbs up