We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New beginnings Options

rido
#1 Posted : 10/26/2020 1:25:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone.

Psychedelics and I have a very brief history together with my first mushroom experience being just over a year ago, but first I'll discuss my much longer experience with depression and alcohol abuse. I got through the bulk of my issues with depression and alcohol through counseling, but I never quite got to a point that I would call "well". I was well enough to go back to school, well enough to get out of an unhealthy relationship, and well enough to change careers, but I was never just "well".

Good times were good, but the "goodness" of them always felt transient. They might last for a week, month, or year, but I knew they would come to an end. Last year I was at a particularly bad place with my depression. A friend suggested I decided to try mushrooms together, just a low dose around a gram. The experience was unremarkable, but it left me with a clarity that I hadn't felt in decades. In the weeks that followed I was able to study without procrastinating and I stopped drinking almost entirely. I eventually found that while mushrooms did wonders for my mental health, I wasn't able to commit the time or space necessary to grow my own.

About two months ago I had the opportunity to try DMT for the first time. It brought me back to that same clarity from the first mushroom experience, and the convenience of such short trips has made a wonderful addition to my self-care arsenal. A light experience (just a little above threshold) is enough to calm a racing mind or quench an urge to drink.

With all that back story, on to what keeps me coming back to the nexus: the community. I've never seen an online community with a more consistently positive attitude that the nexus. I been able to find most of the answers to my questions through either searching or trial and error, but I just wanted to thank the community as a whole for being so helpful.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

forwardtoinfinity
#2 Posted : 10/26/2020 4:15:59 AM

Novice HyperPilot

Welcome Smile Glad to hear about your positive experiences with psychedelics. It's amazing the clear headspace that they can give, such a positive guiding force. Are you considering carving out time/space for growing mushrooms? I find it a rewarding activity and hobby

I hope to hear more about your path with psychedelics

potnoble
#3 Posted : 10/26/2020 12:13:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome rido

Low doses are fantastic for those reasons.
Taking a little time for that can boost your well being alot.

I hope you stay on the good side. Big grin

Have a gud one
Psychedelic drugs don´t change you, they don´t change your character,
unless you want to be changed. They enable change. They can´t impose it.
Alexander Shulgin

rido
#4 Posted : 10/26/2020 4:35:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

forwardtoinfinity wrote:
Welcome Smile Glad to hear about your positive experiences with psychedelics. It's amazing the clear headspace that they can give, such a positive guiding force. Are you considering carving out time/space for growing mushrooms? I find it a rewarding activity and hobby

I hope to hear more about your path with psychedelics

Thanks! I've tried growing in the past and had some moderate success. I enjoyed the process and plan on growing some gourmet mushrooms eventually. I don't have any intention of growing actives again, though.

sbios
#5 Posted : 11/4/2020 1:05:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome. & I think you'd look into making changa where benefits in more smooth just below threshold state that you might find helpful in self-care IMO.