We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
how long can i let lye solution sit? Options

imPsimon
#1 Posted : 1/15/2010 7:25:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm using a 3l pickle jar with a rubber ring for isolation.
I'm still waiting for my ronsonol to arrive which can take anywhere between 1 day to three weeks.

How long can i have the bark/water/lye solution sit?

Will there be any differences in the end product like more plant oils gets pulled up
from the ronsonol later on?

Will the lye eat the rubber ring? (direct contact with lye/water can be avoided)

=)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Darkerweb
#2 Posted : 1/16/2010 6:54:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The lye should do a good job of breaking down cell matter and freebasing the DMT within a few hours. The largest concern you should have is safely storing your jar until your solvent arrives, theorhetically, glass should hold a base solution indefinetly, but there are other theories stating that exposure to strong base solution, such as an STB tek, can weaken glass over time. STB teks commonly call for base solutions with pH's often upwards of 12, although a pH of ~9 is the minimum to convert most of your DMT to freebase.

I would advise you to either find a different source of solvent and pull it now, or to transfer the solution to a fresh jar.

The end product will probably contain more plant oils the longer the solution sits, unless you did a proper defat before basifying.

I am not certain on lye's reactivity towards rubber, I have never had any issues with the seal material that comes on pickle jars/ ball jars/ canning jars.