We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can I snort Hape with a straw? Options

Ramma
#1 Posted : 10/24/2020 6:37:57 AM

Long live the Kings of Righteousness

Hiii! Finally ready to start work with hape, work with Aya with MHRB, and chaliponga, maybe smoke changa. Super excited!!! What is the need for a self aplicator? Why cant I just snort the hape straight up my nose with a straw? thanks! I dont want an applicator.
Behold, a sower went out to sow

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ijahdan
#2 Posted : 10/24/2020 10:16:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive been taking hape snuff fairly regularily for a few years. I tried at first to just snort it off the back of my hand, as with regular snuff, but because of how much drier and more finely ground it is, a lot of the powder went down my throat and even into my lungs, which didnt feel healthy. I ended up making a self-applicator, using a plastic drinking straw. This has been so effective that I only use this method now.

You need the type of straw with a bendable section. Simply bend it to the desired angle and trim the ends so that you can hold one end in your mouth while the other is in a nostril. Load the nostril end with about 1cm of snuff and send a blast of air from your cheeks into the other end. Takes a bit of practice, but really gets the goods high into your sinuses, with only a small amount overshooting.

Happy hape-ing!

Ramma
#3 Posted : 10/24/2020 5:23:01 PM

thanks! but I dont understand. I snorted some last night with a straw, and yeah, was nice, but harsh, got a drip...the lungs thing. how would blowing it in with a self aplicator straw go less deep than inhaling it in with a straw? I would imagine that blowing would send it deeper! do we want it deep or what?

Ramma
#4 Posted : 10/24/2020 8:49:23 PM

I get it now! you need a self applicator becacuse you cant inhale the stuff. Its supossed to go straight up the nose while relaxed. Inhaling doesnt work. So use a self applicator newbiesSmile I made one with a straw

Ramma attached the following image(s):
1603568414403.png (1,619kb) downloaded 64 time(s).
20201024_152625.jpg (3,507kb) downloaded 63 time(s).

ijahdan
#5 Posted : 10/24/2020 10:45:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah blowing it up your nose without inhaling gets it deep but not right down your throat and into your lungs. Works for me anyhow. I might get around to making a bamboo version some day. .

Ramma
#6 Posted : 10/25/2020 12:10:19 AM

I blowed my nose and a lot of the stuff came out... what the deal with that?

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 10/25/2020 1:20:26 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

ijahdan wrote:
Yeah blowing it up your nose without inhaling gets it deep but not right down your throat and into your lungs. Works for me anyhow. I might get around to making a bamboo version some day. .

I made my snuff tube out of mugwort stems, lashed with cotton and the joint sealed with wax. Forgot about that one for a while, actually.

Any sufficiently sturdy but slender hollow plant stem should do the job (subject to restrictions of toxicity, perhaps).

Ramma wrote:

What were you expecting? It's ground up plant material, not icing sugar.
Would you have preferred it to have stayed up there?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

rOm
#8 Posted : 10/25/2020 10:22:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ramma wrote:

Râpé is fine powder mapacho and ashes... it isn't some water soluble compound that will dissolve so if you blew your nose after you get the powder out. I do it but best is to let the râpé sits for like 10 to 20 minutes or if you can't wait, try at least 2 minutes before blowing and then redose... Enjoy the rapé, yopo and epena, they all will do that....
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !