We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
GordoTek Dream Maker Tool - Question about heating element Options

Seeking_Similarity
#1 Posted : 10/19/2020 2:05:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello folks, first post ever here. I created this Dream Maker Tool using a glass container:

http://imgur.com/a/b6Kynbx

My question currently is, should I use that metal lid to absorb the heat, or should I really use aluminium foil? I thought that this metal lid would make it easier to load spice and perhaps even would be a better heating element than aluminium.

(Note that they I a hole on the side of the glass as well to make airflow possible, and might not be visible on the picture)

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 10/19/2020 4:40:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You'll be inhaling burnt plastic. Don't do it.

It's worth taking the time to do this properly. Even a vinegar shaker with a bit of pan scrubber can be adapted to something better than that.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Seeking_Similarity
#3 Posted : 10/19/2020 4:53:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
You'll be inhaling burnt plastic. Don't do it.

It's worth taking the time to do this properly. Even a vinegar shaker with a bit of pan scrubber can be adapted to something better than that.

I have tried doing "The Machine" with SS pan scrubber. It failed. I couldn't get the temperature to melt the DMT evenly, and didnt see almost any vapor coming out. Resorted to the Dream Maker Tool now.

AiL762
#4 Posted : 10/19/2020 7:50:17 PM

\-= Conquer Your Fears =-/

My first attempt were with a dream maker and I wasted soooooo much how shitty it was.

I was recommended making this attachment for my bong which worked nice.

But I'd extremely recommend buying the divine crossing 4 vape.

It was the most effective, no waste, and breakthrough on 1 hit.

https://ineedhemp.com/pr...rate-atomizer-sony-vtc6/

Tony6Strings
#5 Posted : 10/21/2020 2:17:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel the GordoTek Dreammaker is a freaking joke when it comes to discussing effective roa for vaped dmt. Maybe a few folks with some experience "chasing the dragon" will be successful in breaking through using foil, but for most it is going to be a frustrating waste of spice. Like DFZ said, a $1 pack of Brillo copper scrubbers will get you much further. Put a wad of copper scrubber into the bowl of a borosilicate pot pipe. Viola, one "machine" made from boro with carburetor. I swear if I see one more sauce bottle I'm gonna scream.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Tony6Strings
#6 Posted : 10/21/2020 2:17:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Double post
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Seeking_Similarity
#7 Posted : 10/21/2020 3:30:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
I feel the GordoTek Dreammaker is a freaking joke when it comes to discussing effective roa for vaped dmt. Maybe a few folks with some experience "chasing the dragon" will be successful in breaking through using foil, but for most it is going to be a frustrating waste of spice. Like DFZ said, a $1 pack of Brillo copper scrubbers will get you much further. Put a wad of copper scrubber into the bowl of a borosilicate pot pipe. Viola, one "machine" made from boro with carburetor. I swear if I see one more sauce bottle I'm gonna scream.

People are using sauce bottles because of the popularity of the "machine". I tried doing it, but I clearly did not understand how to properly load the spice, as I think that it melted to the glass edges of the bottle.

Admittedlty, I hadn't heard of this borosilicate pot pipe technique. I might try something similar on my quest to break-through.

EDIT: Sorry, what do you mean with double post?

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 10/21/2020 7:07:51 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
EDIT: Sorry, what do you mean with double post?

Sometimes due to glitches or whatever the same post gets posted twice. Tony deleted the second instance, replacing the content with a far briefer explanation than this one!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Allegro Vivo
#9 Posted : 10/22/2020 2:29:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Like the OP I built a Dream Machine and have now tried it twice with no results to speak of. Or to type of. I'd hoped to not bust the budget with a new species of vape pen/atomizer, but don't trust myself with making a regular machine with scrubber (esp given the current failures). But after all the work I've put in getting to this point...

Just need to research which one is best.

null24
#10 Posted : 10/22/2020 6:39:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I can't believe some of the cash-grabs DMT seems to inspire in some people. The last thing it will ever inspire in me is to sell a useless and possibly dangerous piece of garbage on the internet to folks who don't know any better. Glass tube, scrubber, DMT, more scrubber, flame= literally pennies.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Seeking_Similarity
#11 Posted : 10/22/2020 10:24:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
I can't believe some of the cash-grabs DMT seems to inspire in some people. The last thing it will ever inspire in me is to sell a useless and possibly dangerous piece of garbage on the internet to folks who don't know any better. Glass tube, scrubber, DMT, more scrubber, flame= literally pennies.

Are you talking about electronic vaporizers or the fact Gordo himself for example is selling the Dream Maker Tool on amazon?

Fruit is life
#12 Posted : 10/23/2020 5:09:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For my first device I made a “dream maker tool”, and although it worked (barely), I would advise against it. I found that working with aluminium foil is not as easy as it looks, often it would melt, or disintegrate before the dmt would vaporise, but I would also be worried about the strange taste and potential of inhaling aluminium gas and all round it was just not nice... I would also waste so much dmt. Not only did it waste so much, but it gave the whole experience a nasty vibe.

After only a week I threw it out and made a machine which worked much better, using a glass bottle with copper scrubber and a check valve. But even this I was not satisfied with, so I bought a gvg and it made all the difference, never burns, feels clean and safe and 15mg gets me where 40mg would with my other devices. I don’t think dodgy make shift devices cut it with dmt, my suggestion is to invest in a reliable/proper device or atleast make a machine if you want to work long term with dmt and get the most out of it.
Just my opinion anyway..peace
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

null24
#13 Posted : 10/23/2020 5:42:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Seeking_Similarity wrote:
null24 wrote:

Are you talking about electronic vaporizers or the fact Gordo himself for example is selling the Dream Maker Tool on amazon?

The second.
EVs do not relate to my comment.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Allegro Vivo
#14 Posted : 10/23/2020 7:18:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you both, Null24 and Fruit is life.