We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introduction Options

AliRadicali
#1 Posted : 10/18/2020 1:14:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I'm AliRadicali, and I made this account because I wanted to chime in on the discussion on cultivating amanita muscaria mushrooms, as this is one of the few places on the web where I might find people with similar interests. I've also been growing cannabis for a while now, just simple potted setups, but I'm planning to delve into growbox territory soon.
I don't have any experience with DMT and didn't really have any concrete intention to try it, but I'm open to anything, really. I've got a passion for gardening, especially anything that can yield a useful crop, be it nutritional or narcotic. I find the idea of self-sustenance very appealing, so anything I can grow myself is twice as exciting to me. I'm also quite a cheapskate, so if I can save costs by putting in a little effort and a lot of patience, that's worth it for me.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Fantasy
#2 Posted : 10/19/2020 9:08:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't have any experience gardening or cultivating Amanita muscaria mushrooms, but welcome. Smile I have enjoyed using the mushrooms the couple times I have. Do you have any interest in Amanita pantherina?

If you are interested in psychoactive plants and willing to use psychedelics, DMT is definitely something you may want to consider, though you should definitely do a lot of research and have a lot of confidence that it's something you want to use before you use it.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 10/19/2020 9:34:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

I haven't read much about people cultivating amanita muscaria, only wild picking..

Are you very experienced with the muscaria trip? How do you usually prepare it, and what dosage do you take? How do you compare with other psychedelics?

Be well!

AliRadicali
#4 Posted : 10/21/2020 10:03:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Fantasy wrote:
I don't have any experience gardening or cultivating Amanita muscaria mushrooms, but welcome. Smile I have enjoyed using the mushrooms the couple times I have. Do you have any interest in Amanita pantherina?

If you are interested in psychoactive plants and willing to use psychedelics, DMT is definitely something you may want to consider, though you should definitely do a lot of research and have a lot of confidence that it's something you want to use before you use it.

I'm rather new to the idea of harvesting wild psychoactive mushrooms, I really only got started recently when I happened to stumble upon a pair of amanita muscaria. I don't have any particular reservations against pantherina, but I haven't come across it yet. The nice thing about Muscaria for me is that now I know where to look, I have several sources within biking distance from my house.
The other issue with Pantherina, for me, is that I'd be a bit less confident about identifying it as a rank amateur.
My main hangup regarding DMT, other than acquiring suitable plants, is the synthesis. I'm not so much worried that I couldn't do it, but it'd be a bit to close to Walter White territory for my comfort, even if it's just for personal recreational use. It's a bit of an arbitrary line I guess, but for now I think I'll stick to things I can smoke, drink, eat without too much chemical refinement.

endlessness wrote:
Welcome to the Nexus!

I haven't read much about people cultivating amanita muscaria, only wild picking..

Are you very experienced with the muscaria trip? How do you usually prepare it, and what dosage do you take? How do you compare with other psychedelics?

Be well!

Yeah, for now wild picking is the only viable method. However, the fact that A. Muscaria is invasive in several countries due to contaminated seedlings suggests that it should be possible to grow this fungus under the right circumstances. I figure the key might be getting the fungus to pair with a very young plant so that it doesn't have to dislodge an existing fungal ecology. Right now I'm experimenting with growing birch from seed in contaminated soil, and if/when the seedlings sprout I'll continue to sporadically inoculate them with spores as well as getting them soil from around shroomy birch trees in the wild.

I don't have a whole lot of experience, I just started with amanita very recently and pretty much by coincidence. So far I haven't tried anything too wild, just oven-drying at around 75 degrees celsius, then letting the dried fruit simmer for a good 20 minutes. I found the tea surprisingly tasty, like mushroom soup. So far I haven't had any very powerful trips or anything, but I've been cautiously experimenting up 'til now. The harvest has been good and I've collected enough to make a very strong tea (15 grams per person for two) the next time around, and I plan to do the lemon trick as well.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Fantasy
#5 Posted : 10/22/2020 3:37:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AliRadicali wrote:
I'm rather new to the idea of harvesting wild psychoactive mushrooms, I really only got started recently when I happened to stumble upon a pair of amanita muscaria. I don't have any particular reservations against pantherina, but I haven't come across it yet. The nice thing about Muscaria for me is that now I know where to look, I have several sources within biking distance from my house.
The other issue with Pantherina, for me, is that I'd be a bit less confident about identifying it as a rank amateur.
My main hangup regarding DMT, other than acquiring suitable plants, is the synthesis. I'm not so much worried that I couldn't do it, but it'd be a bit to close to Walter White territory for my comfort, even if it's just for personal recreational use. It's a bit of an arbitrary line I guess, but for now I think I'll stick to things I can smoke, drink, eat without too much chemical refinement.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Sounds pretty awesome, I'd certainly be delighted to come across some Amanita muscaria. Pleased I like just looking at them even not considering anything else. I'm jealous, and would be interested to hear more about your harvesting or cultivating activities and then some over time if you're willing to share more here. I understand that about the Amanita pantherina too, and certainly wouldn't want you taking a greater risk than you're comfortable doing; I was merely curious because I've actually greated enjoyed the experiences I've had from ingesting the pantherina, even more than the muscaria so far, though I haven't used either much as of yet.

For what it's worth, I've heard from friends who've extracted DMT before that it's not as complicated as one might think, though I've never done it myself. I totally understand just wanting to stick to things you can already ingest as is, however, as I'm usually the same way, but will sometimes make exceptions.

And no problem. Smile

Allegro Vivo
#6 Posted : 10/22/2020 7:13:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hah! AliRadicali - I replied to your great aluminum hedgehog on my intro thread and made a comment about mushrooms even before reading your essay. GMTA I guess. I've tried basic psilocybe cubensis twice; both times made me nauseous. Oh well.

For the record I did my first DMT extraction a couple of weeks ago, after copious research, and it was easy and fun. And I have zero chemistry background. Also: Walter White never entered my mind.

Unfortunately I've had the devil of a time getting it to vape properly!

AliRadicali
#7 Posted : 10/23/2020 6:15:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Fantasy wrote:

Sounds pretty awesome, I'd certainly be delighted to come across some Amanita muscaria. Pleased I like just looking at them even not considering anything else. I'm jealous, and would be interested to hear more about your harvesting or cultivating activities and then some over time if you're willing to share more here. I understand that about the Amanita pantherina too, and certainly wouldn't want you taking a greater risk than you're comfortable doing; I was merely curious because I've actually greated enjoyed the experiences I've had from ingesting the pantherina, even more than the muscaria so far, though I haven't used either much as of yet.

For what it's worth, I've heard from friends who've extracted DMT before that it's not as complicated as one might think, though I've never done it myself. I totally understand just wanting to stick to things you can already ingest as is, however, as I'm usually the same way, but will sometimes make exceptions.

And no problem. Smile

It really is a magical experience to find one, every time. And I love the smell they make as they're drying in the oven, the entire house gets this earth, mushroomy scent.
I'll definitely keep you guys posted on my shrooming experiences, I' planning to do a proper recreational dose tomorrow so expect a trip report in the near future.

As for DMT, I think I just need a little time to do research and get comfortable with the idea. I'd already ben planning to grow an acacia simply because I like how the tree looks, so from there it's not that big a leap to get one that happens to be psychoactive...
Allegro Vivo wrote:
Hah! AliRadicali - I replied to your great aluminum hedgehog on my intro thread and made a comment about mushrooms even before reading your essay. GMTA I guess. I've tried basic psilocybe cubensis twice; both times made me nauseous. Oh well.

For the record I did my first DMT extraction a couple of weeks ago, after copious research, and it was easy and fun. And I have zero chemistry background. Also: Walter White never entered my mind.

Unfortunately I've had the devil of a time getting it to vape properly!

I've only tried psilocybes once, but I had a blast with them. It's been a while, and I was also on alcohol and weed at the time, but I remember it turning my vision all sparkly, as if the sun was shining twice as bright and everything was slightly moist. Definitely planning on growing them in the near future.

I'm definitely no counting DMT out in the long run, just not planning to dive headfirst into the unknown. I could totally see myself coming around after a bit more research on the subject.

AliRadicali
#8 Posted : 10/31/2020 4:44:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Even though it was a bit of a letdown, here's a trip report on my first recreational dose of amanita muscaria. I cooked 30 grams of dried camps, bulbs and stems for 20 minutes, letting the mushies simmer, adding a little bit of water as the pot was starting to boil dry. Poured the tea into two cups and used a small kitchen-sieve to press the remaining juice out of the mushrooms. The end result was two half-full cups of deep red tea. Added half a lemon's worth of juice to each, stirred and waited for a few more minutes, then drank half of my cup and went for a walk with my buddy.

I started feeling the effects pretty strongly, both a persistent moderate nausea as well as a strong stoned feeling throughout my body and slightly impaired vision, as when you're dead-drunk. After about an hour we drank the remaining half of the tea. Interestingly my buddy experienced much weaker effects despite drinking the same dosage.

Pretty soon after finishing the tea we both started feeling very drowsy. We both lied down for a nap, although in the end I had to throw up before I could fall asleep. That may just be me though, I'm prone to nausea and vomiting if my body detects toxins. Fortunately for me, when I do throw up it usually immediately ends any nausea or discomfort from EG hangovers.

All that said, I'm not deterred by this experience, and I've subsequently tried a lower dose with very pleasant mild euphoric results. I've been collecting caps since then, and today I hit the motherlode, finding a treasure trove of Amanita Pantherina within walking distance of my house. If these mushies are any good I am set for life.

AliRadicali
#9 Posted : 11/11/2020 2:49:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So, I feel almost obligated to post this trip report, in part as a cautionary tale.

I didn't properly research A. Pantherina and assumed the amounts of Ibotenic acid and muscimol would be roughly comparable to A. Muscaria, maybe a bit higher, but in the same ballpark.
I was incredibly wrong. According to this paper http://citeseerx.ist.psu...mp;rep=rep1&type=pdf Pantherina contains 5-7 times as much IBO and MUS compared to Muscaria. It's a small sample size, sure, but the paper also mentions another study finding even higher concentrations in their Pantherinas, so there's that.

Either way, I made a 15 gram team with roughly half-and-half Pantherina and Muscaria, added half a lemon's worth of juice and drank it down over the course of two hours. It made me feel mildly drunk but nothing too spectacular, and I ended up going to bed probably about 4 hours after I'd started drinking the tea.

I had the most lucid and mind-altering dream. Although it's hard to put into words, and like most dreams it's somewhat fragmented and illogical, the gist of it was that it started to dawn on me that I'd achieved singularity, which I experienced as a state of falling perpetually while shifting perspectives between people at tremendous speed, like the flickering of a projected film.

Woke up spasming and half-delirious and banged myself up pretty bad on the way down the stairs to the bathroom.

The lesson here is that IBO/MUS are incredibly potent, especially at the much higher dosage which occurs in panther caps. Going forward I'm definitely going to take a break to let my liver recover, and any future experimentation will start at much lower doses. That said, my delirious dream was worth the bruises, an absolutely life-altering experience that I cannot describe with words.