We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dreaming the future; or, déja vu; or, weird stuff Options

bismillah
#1 Posted : 10/21/2020 1:02:29 AM

My Personalized Tag

This was recently brought back to mind by (of all things) a clip I stumbled upon of Alex Jones on the JRE. Opinions on Alex Jones aside, he mentioned that as a child he had prophetic dreams, and it reminded me that I had a good handful of these "this has happened already" moments in my life.

I clearly remember one instance where I had dreamt about walking into a flower shop with my mother, and looking at a business card and the lady at the cash. Lo and behold, a week later, I went to that flower shop with my mom (for the first time ever), and looked at the same business card and the same lady from the same place in the store. Not a shocking story, I know, but experiencing it firsthand WAS shocking to me. It made me question my reality for a week afterwards, and thinking back on it is just as bizarre.

Apparently this is a common experience, but the internet is filled with so many charlatans and junk articles that I don't know how much I can believe it. So, how many of you guys have had this experience? If you have, did you know that you dreamt the future right away, or only realize after the foreseen event took place?
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

PlantTraveller
#2 Posted : 10/21/2020 1:36:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had this happen lots of times since childhood, always only ever tiny random little scenes and details.

For example, aged about 10, had a dream about talking to a girl with dark hair beside a piano. A few weeks later I was at my cousin's slumber party talking to my new friend and suddenly I realised the scene from the dream had just occurred down to the words said (wish I still remembered those).

Consciousness weaves around time in unknowable ways. Love it!

Can't wait to read everyone's stories...
Until we are all free, we are none of us free.
Emma Lazarus

Tomtegubbe
#3 Posted : 10/21/2020 8:33:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Robert Anton Wilson in Cosmic Trigger describes some of his own precognitive experiences. In some cases he got an intuition himself and in some cases someone else delivered a message. RAW notes that most of the time some of the details in these precognitive events were off, but they still delivered a strong message. One of the saddest moments in the book is the story how RAW got an intuition that his son is going to die during meditation. He went on trying to check everything is ok with him and tried to protect him through some sorts of psychical means. Then all of a sudden he got a call that her daughter was beaten to death.

RAW explains this through some kind of multiple realities paradigm and quantum anomalies.

I think precognition can be explained in terms of karmic causation. You can guess from children where they are going as they grow older. You might not get it right, but there's certainly a direction visible in most people. World is full of karmic strings and many events seem like they are bound to happen. I believe you can get a glimpse of the way things are going to be in their current motion, but I don't believe the future is set. The more you see the karmic ties, the more you can do to change the course of things.

My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand

Jin
#4 Posted : 10/21/2020 9:11:39 PM

yes

This has happened to me a couple of times aswell , won't be going into specific details as it's happened quite often and most of my dreams are always about the future , don't know what to make of it
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Exitwound
#5 Posted : 10/22/2020 7:09:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tomtegubbe wrote:
Robert Anton Wilson in Cosmic Trigger

Sorry for offtopic, but I can't recommend this book enough for anyone who is dabbling with the mysterious.

Quote:
The more you see the karmic ties, the more you can do to change the course of things.

The universe being the cosmic circus it is, you can not be sure, what the change will bring. RAW illustrates it pretty well in Cosmic Trigger imo.

Tomtegubbe
#6 Posted : 10/22/2020 10:25:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:

The universe being the cosmic circus it is, you can not be sure, what the change will bring. RAW illustrates it pretty well in Cosmic Trigger imo.

Yes! And I think this is what makes life a wonderful and mysterious journey. I think it is at it's best when you learn the dance, where both parties (you and the Cosmos) have an active role and react to each other. Of course the Cosmos will never take a passive role, and there's no sense trying to force the cosmos (as some forms of esoteric methods suggest). The best thing is that the Cosmos will teach you to dance, if you are willing.

Sorry for the slight off-topic. 🙂 I think this is relevant to the question about what to make of the precognitive experiences.

By the way I got the tip to read Cosmic Trigger from this forum and I am very grateful for it.
My preferred method:
Very easy pharmahuasca recipe

My preferred introductory article:
Just a Wee Bit More About DMT, by Nick Sand