We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Here to Learn Options

Fantasy
#1 Posted : 10/17/2020 3:58:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone, it's nice to meet you. Smile I don't have a whole lot to say here for now, I just wanted to briefly introduce myself and explain my intentions for coming here.

I am a young woman with a longstanding interest in altering, exploring, and understanding my consciousness. I have enjoyed many different substances for many different reasons, but over the years have narrowed my use almost exclusively to psychedelics, though I still have a variety of reasons for using the ones that I do when I do, and I also use cannabis on a regular basis currently. I hold no illusions about how much I enjoy the recreational aspects of these substances, but I do nonetheless find them to be truly therapeutic too and consider them to have helped me greatly over the course of my life and to still be continuing to help me with multiple mental and physical health issues, and my fascination with and desire to understand and use these substances only grows even greater with the more experience that I get.

What has specifically led me here the most at this time however is that as much as I really do find psychedelics in general to be enjoyable, intriguing, and often useful, more recent experiences have caused me to have a greater appreciation for just how much tryptamines in particular seem to both stand out to me and have helped me relative to other substances even within the world of psychedelics. At this time in my life my access to DMT is more limited than I'd like, though luckily not so limited that I'll never have the chance to use it again, but I still would like to take the time while I can to learn more about the subjective effects and experiences that this remarkable substance can produce, in part so that I will be able to take the lessons with me to DMT specifically when I do actually get the chance to return to it again, and in part so that I can attempt to translate or at least see how well the lessons translate to the other psychedelic tryptamines I do currently have more access to, all of which I consider to be potentially useful substances worthy of respect and to seemingly meaningfully share some of their subjective properties with DMT, though as this forum is not about tryptamines in general but DMT specifically, I won't say more about them for now at least.

I could say a lot more about who I am and why I have such interest in these things, but I feel that that is probably about enough just for the sake of introducing myself and hope you will find it sufficient as well. I do appreciate anyone reading this far too if you have, and hope the rest of your day is enjoyable as well!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Exitwound
#2 Posted : 10/17/2020 8:34:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome and nice to meet you too!

Speaking of subjective experiences - you will find plenty of such material here and I believe, we will be delighted to hear about your journeys as well, should you decide to share them with us Smile

Fantasy
#3 Posted : 10/17/2020 8:48:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much! Smile I am definitely enjoying reading around and learning already, and I will happily share some of my own stories too when I get the opportunity. Pleased Even though I can't use it much right now, I'm actually hoping to use DMT again pretty soon for the first time in I want to say around six years now, and having come a long way with other things in the meantime too, so I'm quite excited for that and sure I'll have something to say then!

endlessness
#4 Posted : 10/17/2020 8:54:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

While you are right that this website is, at least in the name, dedicated to DMT, if you check around a bit the subforums, you'll see we are completely open and interested in the discussion of other psychedelics. There is one slight exception which is that RC's are only to be talked about by full members (and even then, keeping in mind the "safe and constructive discussion" rule) So feel free to share your experiences or discuss them here if it's about natural psychedelics, or wait a bit for full membership if it's regarding RCs.

Regarding your desire to research in order to maximize the benefits of your future experiments, sounds ideal Smile Are you also interested in oral DMT/ayahuasca or only vaporized?

What is your favorite setting to consume these substances in?

Be well!

Fantasy
#5 Posted : 10/17/2020 9:58:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much for the welcome and response, endlessness. Smile

I do appreciate the guidance and perspective and will happily talk more about my experiences with other psychedelics too in the appropriate forum areas. I have a great interest in tryptamines (and others) both natural and synthetic, but the latter is largely what I've been using in the last several years mostly due to issues like availability and legality. I do consider the synthetic ones unique and worthwhile substances that I would still be eager to explore even if the natural ones were more readily available to me though, acknowledging of course that the risks for them are greater even if ultimately the only risk turns out to be uncertainty for the moment, and this is definitely part of what I was getting at by saying I would like to try to translate the lessons about DMT to other tryptamines too: I don't see a distinction between natural and synthetic substances with respect to treating the experience with sanctity and tradition, and I'm just as interested in learning how to best use those synthetic tryptamines as medicines and more deeply philosophical agents as I am with DMT by applying the same sorts of practices and intentions. I intend to push boundaries with them for the sake of understanding them better in ways that we simply never will if people don't push those boundaries, but don't wish to portray my doing so in any way other than as careful exploration done with those risks understood nor encourage others to do the same in any other way.

I appreciate your questions as well. I have a lot of interest in taking DMT orally, though I have not used it in that way as of yet; I had been considering doing it for my very next use of it for some time, but I've actually been enjoying a recent phase of experimenting with various synthetic tryptamine by vaporization so much that I feel like when I do return to DMT pretty soon after so many years, I may find it too compelling to not use it by that method again to make an up-to-date comparison. I think I'll likely do it fairly soon if I have the opportunity though, as it's been long enough and enough experience with DMT and other relatively similar things that I definitely feel ready (as I can be) to experience it now and am eager to see it. As for my favorite setting, I haven't had too many opportunities to take them somewhere I would say was particularly interesting and simultaneously safe enough to feel comfortable in, so I generally either trip at my own home or at my parents' house while they are away for the day. The former of course has the comfort of it being my own home which is hard to beat, but the latter is probably preferable overall because in addition to there being much more space and more supplies, it is also still an entirely safe and comfortable place for me to trip in because my parents are completely aware and supportive of my psychedelic use, know that I'm tripping at their house that day while they're gone and would be willing to return in case of an emergency. I tend to enjoy spending the day tripping solo and then discussing the trip and other things about life and reality with them when they return.

Thanks much again for the response and the well wishes! Pleased

sbios
#6 Posted : 10/17/2020 10:14:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the "tryptamine" familiesBig grin As Endlessness mentioned, there are subforums for other types so certainly not limited to dmt, which is of course infinitely amazing in itself.

IMO once the door has been opened, there is only more to come. So if you want, dmt you will experience more eventually without question.

Fantasy
#7 Posted : 10/17/2020 10:18:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot, sbios! I'll definitely get more into those other subforums some time too, but yes, I'm particularly interested in learning about DMT right now more than anything.

Sounds good to me, I have a lot of optimism for my psychedelic future. Smile

Achilles
#8 Posted : 10/18/2020 1:44:45 PM

I is the obstacle.

Welcome to the nexus fantasy Smile
This guys ego ^

sbios
#9 Posted : 10/19/2020 12:13:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great! Out of curiosity I'd be keen to know what other tryptamines are known to be ok through vaporization beside dmt and 5meo.

Fantasy
#10 Posted : 10/19/2020 2:35:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Achilles wrote:
Welcome to the nexus fantasy Smile

Thank you so much, I'm glad to be here! Pleased

sbios wrote:
Great! Out of curiosity I'd be keen to know what other tryptamines are known to be ok through vaporization beside dmt and 5meo.

Well, just to remain clear with my intentions and level of respect of these substances, let me emphasize first that I can't say anything at all about the long-term safety of using these substances in this way, and in that respect can only comment on the fact that I'm currently still alive and haven't suffered any apparent immediate health consequences as a result of using them this way. That being said, I will say that I personally feel a lot better about taking these sorts of risks experimenting with things that are closely related to molecules like DMT an 5-MeO-DMT at least than I would with nearly any of the other widely varied synthetic drugs that have become available in recent times, particularly because many tryptamines with the same sorts of minor modifications that these have, including at least a few of these in particular, have already been in use by a decently large number of people for at least a matter of decades without yet proving to be substantially toxic. However, beyond that I leave it up to each user to decide how much of a safety risk they are willing to take to experiment in this way.

With that said, I have so far found success in using MET, MiPT, MPT, MALT, EPT, DPT, 5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-EiPT, 4-AcO-MET, 4-AcO-DET, 4-AcO-DALT, and 4-HO-EPT by vaporization. Specifically, I have largely layered them into cannabis and don't yet have many complaints about using them this way, though one thing I am interested in learning more about here is the ways in which people get the most out of vaporized DMT so that I can expand my perspective in this way too, but it's worked for me so far. I have not freebased any of them because I first decided to try vaporizing the salts simply to see if it would work and it did, and I'm still quite early into this so I haven't updated my methods beyond that yet, but again, I look forward to learning more about these things as well, but it's worked up to this point. All of the experiences I've had vaporizing these substances have been interesting to me but have varied in value or intensity; I would be happy to share more of my findings about them some time in the appropriate area.

sbios
#11 Posted : 10/19/2020 10:41:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Much appreciated!!! Big grin Considerations for further researches...

Though I read some reports saying that smoke freebase is preferable to salt form for some reason, but it can also be depends on which molecule is in question.

Fantasy
#12 Posted : 10/20/2020 1:10:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Happy to contribute. Smile I have more I intend to try it with and expect will likely work similarly too and can report back when I do, I just simply haven't had the opportunity yet.

I've heard that it's easier to vaporize the freebase and get a fully efficient dose, which would be nice, but I don't know anything about freebasing synthetic tryptamines or how efficient it is. I also wonder how much things like the difference in vaporization temperature with the freebase versus the salts applies in different ratios to each synthetic tryptamine. There is also some fear that somewhat combusting the salts such as when vaporizing them in a bowl of heated plant matter like I am may produce respiratory irritants, but the amounts would be very tiny especially when not using them overly frequently, and from what I've seen there's been a lot of concern stemming from a certain Reddit post that the post's creator believes is so overblown that they have disavowed it all together. I don't know the reality myself, but I'll certainly stop or change methods if apparent health concerns start to arise, but they haven't seemed to yet.

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 10/21/2020 2:18:06 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Hey, you got promoted! Congratulations!

Your engagement with the forum in presenting your vaporization research has clearly been rewarded.

You'll find plenty of inspiration here regarding the various possibilities for vaporization technology.

Thus it remains for me to wish you further fruitfulness in your research.

(And Welcome to the Nexus!)

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Fantasy
#14 Posted : 10/21/2020 9:26:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much, downwardsfromzero, and thanks for letting me know too! Smile It is very much appreciated as well and I look forward to learning much more and hopefully giving back some too.

Thanks also for the well wishes and warm welcome! Pleased