We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Activity of Yopo/Vilca pods Options

69ron
#1 Posted : 1/11/2010 12:14:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM had received some whole "Yopo" pods free from a vendor. He split the pods open and removed 5 very small seeds.

He decided to test the pod alone for activity. He used 500 mg of crushed pods as a quid. He held it for 20 minutes, chewing a little here and there. Chewing released a strong bitter flavor.

Overall the taste was very much like the taste of the seeds (like bitter raw peanuts).

After 20 minutes, the pod material was swallowed.

There was a very light effect felt. A very slight euphoria, like that felt from extremely small doses of bufotenine. 500 mg of seeds is enough for light visual effects orally. But 500 mg of the pod barely did anything at all. The effects felt were too light, and could have been placebo.

Has anyone here on the Nexus experimented with just the pods? They seem to be unpopular with few vendors offering them.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 1/11/2010 12:18:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Never used them but it sounds kinda interesting...I wonder if the other alks are present in the pods as well..

Might get more conclusive results by smoking some based pod material..
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#3 Posted : 1/11/2010 12:40:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

At the moment, SWIM feels a very light nausea like that felt from oral bufotenine. SWIM is not sure if its placebo though. It’s very light. But right about now is when it should be felt.

Maybe freebasing with sodium carbonate paste, drying, and then performing a cold acetone extraction followed by room temperature fan evaporation would be good. I think it’s probably a good idea not to use any heat. There may be some heat sensitive compounds like 5-MeO-DMT or DMT present in them.

All of the tests I read show they contain very little alkaloids. But they may have used heat to extract them, or a solvent that’s not good. You never know. I recall some tests showing the seeds contained only DMT and 5-MeO-DMT, but they extracted the seeds using petroleum ether, and so of course that would be the result because bufotenine is insoluble in petroleum ether. Other tests of the same seeds using chloroform showed bufotenine was by far the main alkaloid. So I’m always a little skeptical when there’s not enough test results available.

Does anyone else have any of these pods to test?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

nadir
#4 Posted : 1/15/2010 5:48:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok, so swim made an experiment.
he had 16g of pods, so he toasted them for some time in an oven.
then grind them and mixed with 3,5g sodium carbonate. added water and left evaporating.
after it was dried, he added dry acetone and pulled 3 times.
this resulted a yellow powder with strange smell (perhaps freebased mimosa smells similar)
will try it today
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

69ron
#5 Posted : 1/16/2010 8:42:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well SWIM tried a larger sublingual dose of 1 gram of empty pods ground into powder and mixed it with 60 mg of calcium hydroxide. He felt mild effects identical to that of sublingual DMT. It was very mild. He felt that typical freebase DMT burning sensation coupled with the burning from the calcium hydroxide. The calcium hydroxide used was definitely too much. His mouth was sore from it for several hours following.

It's not very pleasant having it in the mouth. SWIM says there's something in the pod that makes your mouth feel pretty crappy. I think maybe there's a lot of tannins present?

There was no noticeable bufotenine effects felt. No noticeable 5-MeO-DMT effects felt either. Potency wise, it was roughly equivalent to maybe 250 mg of Virola calophylla resin. SWIM is not totally sure though. The effects were pretty weak.