We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Syrian Rue ~ potential interactions with Mexican food? Options

Valmar
#1 Posted : 10/17/2020 8:59:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tonight, I was planning to drink Syrian Rue + Acacia Confusa, but... at about 1pm I'd thoughtlessly had some mexican food ~ spiced ground beef with avocado and tomatoes.

I'm hesitant as to whether there will be any potential interactions, but thought I'd ask if members here thought it'd be safe to go ahead with the Ayahuasca.

Yesterday at midday, I'd had Japanese that had soy... so I'm safe in that regard, I think ~ been more than 24 hours.
“The dao that can be expressed is not the eternal Dao.”
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ShamensStamen
#2 Posted : 10/17/2020 9:32:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

There's no food interaction or dietary concerns with reversible and selective MAO-A inhibition. Anything you eat, don't worry about it. If you're that concerned, just don't eat a few hours before or after taking Harmalas, you'll be fine either way.

And just know, if you ever get a headache from Harmalas, just know it's not Tyramine, Harmalas have Acetylcholinesterase inhibiting properties which can cause headaches, Harmalas also cause vasodilation which can cause headaches, and Harmalas can be dehydrating which dehydration can cause headaches.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 10/17/2020 9:34:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Valmar
#4 Posted : 10/17/2020 9:43:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Many thanks for the replies! Smile

I knew about the potential food interactions, but was slightly unsure.
“The dao that can be expressed is not the eternal Dao.”
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

Tony6Strings
#5 Posted : 10/17/2020 5:05:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just a quick cautionary PS. Overdose of harmala alkaloids invariably leads to emesis (vomit) regardless of food consumed (or not consumed) beforehand. Long after you have no food in your stomach, you will bring up bile all night long. Take care with rue it is strong medicine.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Spiralout
#6 Posted : 10/18/2020 1:43:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just the title of this thread made my stomach lurch.

There aren't any ingrediants in mex food that are particularly dangerous, but it's definitely not something I would want to eat before, or with, harmalas ( or especially just before a strong tryptamine experience). For physical, but also for mental to some extent, reasons, it just seems best to keep a rather light stomach. It makes sense to eat healthy food, and a minimal amount, for a few days or longer, but at least 24 hours prior to the experience.

You can always wait to take the aya another time.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 10/19/2020 3:15:04 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Even with mushrooms eating a spicy, chilli-laden meal the same evening causes unpleasant distraction from the capsaicin's action in the gut (IME).

Wait another day or two and consider the significance of the ayahuasca dieta. It does not have a one-to-one correspondence with the dietary restrictions that are absolutely necessary for irreversible MAOI's.

PS - check out the various threads pertaining to nutmeg to get some grasp of the possibilities regarding metabolic interactions of culinary spices along with other foodstuffs and bioactive molecules in general. The subject is vast, though!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli