We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can oils prevent freeze precipitation? Options

Woolmer
#1 Posted : 9/29/2020 7:37:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have consistently been yielding a significant amount of yellow oil from A. Cyclops but I can only yield it by evaporation of naphtha. When placed in the freezer it does not cloud up unless I blow on it. I am wondering whether the oils could prevent dmt from crashing out similarly to how mixing naphtha with limonene prevents FP.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 9/29/2020 10:01:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Theoretically, yes...

The thing is, we don't even really know if A. cyclops contains DMT, nor what else it may have. I can't find a single published analysis of it, and in the Acacia info thread by nen there are only some people extracting either oils or crystals that smell like DMT, but no confirmation even with reagents AFAIK, not even a positive bioassay talking about the effects.

Please proceed with caution testing plants with unknown alkaloid profile. I'd test with TLC or at least some reagents to see what it might contain, before considering smoking it or whatever.

That being said, going back to the original question, IF it does contain DMT, it can also be that your naphtha is not saturated enough, so you can try evapping it further before freezing it. Lastly, sometimes DMT forms oil instead of crystallizing, so IF it was DMT, having it as an oil isn't necessarily bad.

Test it out and let us know!

Woolmer
#3 Posted : 10/2/2020 2:27:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is actually one postive bioassay.

My container has been sitting in the freezer for over 3 days now and there has just been fairly cloudy with nothing seeming to crash out. Is it not so that eventually something should crash out if it is cloudy?

Do you think several re-x's would serve enough for a bioassay or is a testing kit imperative.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 10/3/2020 3:37:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the link, I had missed that bioassay. It does seem to indicate some tryptamine, maybe DMT, maybe something else, maybe a mix..

If the solvent is not fully saturated, it may never crash. You can try the typical tips as per our FAQ like evapping more and trying freezing again.

As for the last question, just re-xing doesnt mean you'll have DMT only.. There may be other alkaloids that are soluble in naphtha, which may be wanted or not.. You can do as you please of course but I personally recommend always finding out more about what you consume, for your own safety and knowledge. Im not aware of acacias containing toxic compounds, nen888 would be the person to ask, but either way if its not oit of your budget, I highly recommend buying several different reagents (for example marquis, mecke, liebermann, ehrlich), or also TLC if you want to go a bit further.

Good luck either way, and be sure to let us know the results.

Woolmer
#5 Posted : 10/4/2020 5:08:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

If the solvent is not fully saturated, it may never crash. You can try the typical tips as per our FAQ like evapping more and trying freezing again.

I weirdly got some clouding in the naphtha the other day when it had just been sitting in my kitchen on a chilly morning (10 C), so I believe it was evapped enough. Finally seems like something is starting to settle now though Smile