We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introductions Options

Dami
#1 Posted : 9/22/2020 4:49:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone!

I am a long time-visitor to this website, but a new member. I signed up as I expect to be encountering Ayahuasca in the near future and would like a place to discuss and share experiences and knowledge. Here's a little about me.

My interest in DMT began maybe 5 years ago, and I have had a handful of experiences uplifting and terrifying. While I can't say they have provided me the clearest of answers, DMT has encouraged me to explore many deep mysteries and enjoy the vibrant variety of our universe, and for that I am extremely grateful. These experiences encouraged me to be compassionate, have greater respect for the ecosystem I am part of, and to form more meaningful connections with those who matter most to me.

I have experimented with most classical psychedelic's as well as few obscure ones but so far no experience has come close to DMT. I have read extensively into the history and culture surrounding these chemicals however I find there is always more to learn. I believe substance education is the clear path to a society that can benefit from what they have to offer. So much undue suffering could be prevented if people knew how to safely use substances.

I am not trained in biochemistry although in a matter of speaking the knack for it runs in the family and I love to learn about the biological mechanisms behind these often ineffable experiences. After a few psychedelic experiences I decided I wanted to learn more about the whole picture of this earth, so I studied Geography for my Bachelor's, as the subject is filled with observations and insights which span the globe. I may pursue a different subject for further education, although right now that is not a concern or a focal point of my life.

I am in a period of major transition in my life, as I am sure many of us are this year do to the circumstances that came with this global pandemic. I have accomplished much in the last five years, although I can tell there is still much I need to work on. I want to get reacquainted with ayahuasca primarily for clarity and cleansing purposes so I can move forward in life more confidently.

This is all I would like to share for my introduction, but I hope to contribute with some insight and techniques I have picked up over the years, and certainly will be reporting back soon. Thanks for taking the time to read it. I am excited to be here now! <3

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

bfp
#2 Posted : 9/22/2020 10:31:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Dami,

Welcome. Geography was one of my favourite subjects in school. I hope you gained some valuable insights from this. Did you write a Bachelor's thesis? If so, on what topic?

Dami
#3 Posted : 9/23/2020 2:08:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bfp wrote:
Hello Dami,

Welcome. Geography was one of my favourite subjects in school. I hope you gained some valuable insights from this. Did you write a Bachelor's thesis? If so, on what topic?

Hello thanks for stopping by! Without getting too detailed for privacy regions, I explored regions that seemed to promote spontaneous cultural emergence. Specifically Temporary Autonomous Zones. An example you might know would be the temporary city set up for Burning Man. I wanted to understand what about non-hierarchal human geographies promote emergence of new culture, and what areas that promote this might look like in metropolitan areas. Smile

bfp
#4 Posted : 9/23/2020 8:56:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dami wrote:
bfp wrote:
Hello Dami,

Hello thanks for stopping by! Without getting too detailed for privacy regions, I explored regions that seemed to promote spontaneous cultural emergence. Specifically Temporary Autonomous Zones. An example you might know would be the temporary city set up for Burning Man. I wanted to understand what about non-hierarchal human geographies promote emergence of new culture, and what areas that promote this might look like in metropolitan areas. Smile

Ah, that is fascinating. Do you know about Christiania? it is or was a small free zone in Copenhagen. I'm not sure if it's still "free" though, because it started to get raided a lot by the police, but that sounds exactly like the type of place you're talking about. It's a really interesting place to go for a walk and interact with the locals. I'm wondering if you read about it during your studies.

So, did you find out what promotes the emergence of new culture in such zones? I kind of thought that it's just inevitable when an area emerges exempt from the norms of the rest of the world that it would invent its own.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 9/23/2020 9:42:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

What setting are you planning on doing your ayahuasca in?

I agree with you that there is always more to learn about these substances. That is one of the things that fascinated me and kept me interested over the years, you can look at it from so many perspectives... Chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, psychology, biology, ethnopharmacology, anthropology, gardening, spirituality, politics/activism, history, etc etc .. Over two decades in and I feel like I barely scratch the surface.

Regarding your studies in geography, any particular area ?

Do you have any interesting plants growing ?

Be well!

Dami
#6 Posted : 9/24/2020 12:12:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
What setting are you planning on doing your ayahuasca in?
Likely at home or at a remote camp-site with a few close friends to keep an eye on me. Smile

endlessness wrote:
Regarding your studies in geography, any particular area?
My focuses where Metropolitan Area Planning and Human Geography. Although I also studied a fair bit of Geographic Information Systems and Analysis (GISA) and Physical Geography.

endlessness wrote:
Do you have any interesting plants growing?
I have some orchids, a small bonsai oak tree, a ficus, a dracaena, and lots of succulents. Nothing Entheogenic growing right now, but many of them are special. I live in an apartment in a college town, I brought a lot of these back from wilted when people left them behind moving out of college.

AiL762
#7 Posted : 9/24/2020 3:15:59 AM

\-= Conquer Your Fears =-/

Dami wrote:
endlessness wrote:
Do you have any interesting plants growing?
I have some orchids, a small bonsai oak tree, a ficus, a dracaena, and lots of succulents. Nothing Entheogenic growing right now, but many of them are special. I live in an apartment in a college town, I brought a lot of these back from wilted when people left them behind moving out of college.

Thats awesome. Much respect for that. I just recently getting into that from growing my own mushrooms. Finding to see if I have the green fingers as well. I would love if you can share advice and common errors people make from taking care of plants. Maybe you can start a gardening thread or something along those lines as a contribution?

Either way, seem like great intentions, and very welcome to the site. Looking forward to reading more from you!

AiL762
#8 Posted : 9/24/2020 3:16:57 AM

\-= Conquer Your Fears =-/

endlessness wrote:
I agree with you that there is always more to learn about these substances. That is one of the things that fascinated me and kept me interested over the years, you can look at it from so many perspectives... Chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, psychology, biology, ethnopharmacology, anthropology, gardening, spirituality, politics/activism, history, etc etc .. Over two decades in and I feel like I barely scratch the surface.

Thats a fantastic point. I've gotten into so many fields I thought I'd never be into.

Dami
#9 Posted : 9/24/2020 7:38:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AiL762 wrote:
I would love if you can share advice and common errors people make from taking care of plants. Maybe you can start a gardening thread or something along those lines as a contribution?

That's a great thread idea, but I'm not super qualified. I am close to someone who is though. These plants are all low water/light because I'm growing indoors. I have a small drip sprinkler system I found on amazon set up to manage most of them.

Here's a few basic tips that come to mind.
1. Don't replant in a pot that a plant died in. It could have been lack of water/nutrients, or it could be bacteria in the soil and it will kill the next plant. (I lost a San Pedro to some kind of dirt pathogen) I would suggest always spraying down a pot with some diluted bleach, letting it dry, then rinsing it out before planting with new soil.
2. Repotting often puts plants into shock, don't do it if they are weak and don't do it too often.
3. Ficus's aren't dead if their leaves drop, check if the branches are still flexible. They are just finicky and do that every time their conditions change significantly. (got a free ficus this way, someone thought it was dead.)

I'm sure I'll think of more haha.

Achilles
#10 Posted : 9/26/2020 10:43:39 AM

I is the obstacle.

Welcome to the nexus dami. Can I ask why you chose the name dami?
This guys ego ^

Dami
#11 Posted : 9/27/2020 3:23:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Achilles wrote:
Welcome to the nexus Dami. Can I ask why you chose the name dami?

Not sure haha, I guess I like how it sounded.

MachienDome
#12 Posted : 10/1/2020 12:25:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome!
Always great to have those who know about chemistry.
Good luck on your aya session!
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."